Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

I use to work in a bottle shop many years ago. Graeme Wright came in. He was a rep for a cigarette company. He asked me who i barracked for , I said the pies then went back to stocking the fridges. He left shortly after

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was in Nullangine on the weekend which is 120 kilometers by dodgy dirt track from Marble Bar in the Pilbara region .The dirt track is more like a roller coaster ride for four wheel drives.Nullingine is as remote and rustic as you could get.While I was in the hotel there were cattle in the beer garden.Anyway Fremantle Dockers game was on and the Aboriginal Women in Nullangine refer to Sonny Walters as the naughty Noongah.And I saw him once in a kebab shop.

Saw Jake Carlisle at the Anglers in about January and the poor bloke was hunched and could barely walk. Back looked absolutely ruined. Felt sorry for him, looked miserable.

Walked past Shane Crawford in the international depature area of Tullamarine the other week and said, 'Hey Crawf, how's it going' and he said 'Good thanks mate'.

See dipper walking his dog in kew each morning ... no hat..

Saw dermie at Coles in Brighton a lot. Fruit kinda guy .seems a top guy ..

Once saw Nick Riewoldt pick up Thai takeaway in Brighton. He ran towards the restaurant, into the restaurant and out of the restaurant and just kept going, all while looking incredibly angry.

Only thing really worth noting is he is way taller than he looks on telly. Much taller than 1.93 m and I wonder if his official height is accurate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once saw Nick Riewoldt pick up Thai takeaway in Brighton. He ran towards the restaurant, into the restaurant and out of the restaurant and just kept going, all while looking incredibly angry.

Only thing really worth noting is he is way taller than he looks on telly. Much taller than 1.93 m and I wonder if his official height is accurate.
That reminds me that I saw him run into a pizza shop in South Melbourne to pick up an order. He was definitely a man in a hurry and didn't look too happy. It was when he was still playing..

Have seen the same group of young Collingwood players (including Isaac Quaynor and Callum Brown, I don’t recognise the rest) having lunch at the overpriced yuppie fish and chip shop on Swan Street three or four times in the last month.

I hope that they have been managing their money wisely.

That reminds me that I saw him run into a pizza shop in South Melbourne to pick up an order. He was definitely a man in a hurry and didn't look too happy. It was when he was still playing..

I’ve heard he ordered delivery but they were late. Just a rumour though. Could be wrong.

Interesting observation. I saw him at Melbourne airport once and was surprised to find him not as tall as I expected. As I walked by I thought "that campaigners not much taller than me"

I saw Stephen Kernahan outside a McDonalds once. It took me a second to click, as being on the Gold Coast you don't expect to see a former footballer from Vic.

Drove next to Peter Wright for a few hundred metres. He was in a beat up old Commodore, because of course he was.

Saw Gary Ablett Jnr in a café. He was eying off the cakes, and I mean really eyeing them off. It looked like he was having an internal struggle as to whether or not to have one. He ended up not having one.

Saw Gary Ablett Jnr in a café. He was eying off the cakes, and I mean really eyeing them off. It looked like he was having an internal struggle as to whether or not to have one. He ended up not having one.

Quite a choice to eat cake and burn in hell or to resist.

Maybe he as just waiting for a signal from god before eating one.

Obviously didn't want to burn in hell though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back