Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Encounters so boring, they didn't even happen to me!

My Mum was reaching up for a package of toilet paper on a shelf at the supermarket, and knocked another one off the shelf onto the floor in the process. Ben Hart was strolling past at the time and commented "That's a bit soft!", to which my Mum just rolled her eyes.

My Mum saw Mark Ricciuto getting out of his family car at the servo, and a little Pomeranian dog escaped from his vehicle, and made a dash across the forecourt. The dog was rounded up safely, and everyone carried on about their business.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Once saw Nick Riewoldt pick up Thai takeaway in Brighton. He ran towards the restaurant, into the restaurant and out of the restaurant and just kept going, all while looking incredibly angry.

Only thing really worth noting is he is way taller than he looks on telly. Much taller than 1.93 m and I wonder if his official height is accurate.
I saw Nick Riewoldt last year at one of the Pressed Juices franchise outlets on Collins Street. I didn’t notice his being taller than expected, that said he was sitting down so less tall then he would be when standing. The shop is now closed, but the company had already gone into administration when I saw him so I don’t think the liquidation was specifically Nick Riewoldt’s fault

Dede

Senior List
May 10, 2019
Sandy
AFL Club
St Kilda
Saw garry ablett senior a lot collecting crates for the op shop rehab group he went to.. was funny seeing a legend of the sport volunteer at a op shop.. was off his chops but that's another topic ..

Air Conveyance

Team Captain
Oct 28, 2007
New Plymouth, New Zealand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
LFC, Flames, Sabres, Bills
In the early 90s I saw Billy Brownless walking in front of us at Noosa as we headed away from the beach. I called out "Hey Billy!" He turned and said "Gday mate" then continued on his way. He seemed to be taller than I imagined.
I saw Ian Healy at Pinelands Plaza shops in Brisbane around 94 or so. He was with a woman whom I would assume was his wife, and was pushing a pram with a child that I can only assume was his in it. I resisted the urge to put a pen and piece of paper in front of him, mainly as I had neither object on me at the time. I decided to not annoy him and we both went about our business.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the exciting topic of Noosa - stopped at clothing shop in Hastings Street and brought a nice blue shirt from a friendly shop attendant who was none other than famous Demon, Tiger and Docker Ruckman/Forward Troy Simmonds. His customer service was really quite good.

Seen the King in Melbourne a few times. First time was outside Channel 7, on my way to work. Second time was at South Melbourne market.

Can't confirm what he bought.

In the early 90s I saw Billy Brownless walking in front of us at Noosa as we headed away from the beach. I called out "Hey Billy!" He turned and said "Gday mate" then continued on his way. He seemed to be taller than I imagined.
I saw Ian Healy at Pinelands Plaza shops in Brisbane around 94 or so. He was with a woman whom I would assume was his wife, and was pushing a pram with a child that I can only assume was his in it. I resisted the urge to put a pen and piece of paper in front of him, mainly as I had neither object on me at the time. I decided to not annoy him and we both went about our business.

A quality contribution to this thread. :thumbsu:

Jun 23, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
On the exciting topic of Noosa - stopped at clothing shop in Hastings Street and brought a nice blue shirt from a friendly shop attendant who was none other than famous Demon, Tiger and Docker Ruckman/Forward Troy Simmonds. His customer service was really quite good.

Are his biceps and deltoids still as fulsome and defined as they were in his playing days?

Jun 23, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Back