Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw Tyson Stengle today going into Swedish Tarts presumably to purchase a hot beverage.

Well, I'm not familiar with Adelaide establishments, but I'd be bitterly disappointed if I went into a place called Swedish Tarts and all I could get was a hot beverage.

Zac Williams has been into my work twice this week.

Bought a pair of footy boots that were half a size too big for him.

Staying with his sister over the off-season by the looks.

The two people that served him had no idea who he was.

Went for a stroll Monday night up to the local footy oval where the soccer team were training under lights when Zak Butters came flying past me and proceeded to run 3 laps and then he took off again.

Was in Esperance overnight for work about 5 years ago and went to check out from the motel in the morning. A big bloke and I approached the desk from different directions and I took the opportunity to quickstep my way to the desk before him.
The woman at the desk was looking very uncomfortable about this and kept looking over my shoulder while processing my check out. As I turned to leave I glanced at the big fella and there was Glenn Jacovich just glaring at me. He didn’t look too happy that I made him wait 2 minutes with his taxi running.

Went for a stroll Monday night up to the local footy oval where the soccer team were training under lights when Zak Butters came flying past me and proceeded to run 3 laps and then he took off again.

What you didnt see was Dodoro 500m away chasing with him with some paper in the air yelling "Please sign this conrtract"

When I was 16 I worked at a service station. Tim Gossage came in wanting to exchange gas bottles for his barbecue. I said that will be 39 dollars. He told me that was ridiculous and that he would go to BOC down the road where its 27 dollars. He walked out before I could tell him BOC doesnt open on weekends. He never came back. I assume he went to the service station next to BOC owned by the same person. They also charged 39 bucks to exchange gas bottles

Walked by Tim Kelly on a number of occasions at AQWA, local aquarium. Both wearing back packs, holding our kids hands and being led around by the mrs. We glanced at each other and shared a moment. He's a solid unit.

I used to live in Richmond and one Saturday night in the early-mid 2000s I saw Richo, Kane Johnson, and a couple of the boys standing around near the corner of Swan St and Church St. It was around 11pm, and it looked like they'd had a couple of beers but were heading home. Richo was smoking a dart. As a Richmond supporter, upon noticing this I frowned in concern as I looked at them from a distance, and kept walking home.

Another boring Richo story... Around 1999, I was at the Night Cat in Johnston St Fitzroy on a Friday night listening to a funk group. I looked over, and saw Richo sitting at a table nodding his head to the music. He looked like he was enjoying it. But not too much.

And, hand on heart, my third and last Richo story. Around 1995 I went to Hoyts Cinema on Bourke St in the city on a Saturday afternoon. I was in the lobby and Richo walked past. I was about 15 years old. He was wearing shorts and a white t-shirt, and I could not believe how big his calves were.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See Mark Mercury every morning at a construction site im working in , nice fella , taller than I expected
Back in the day at the starbar, Nicky winmar , absolutely shitfaced was with Gilbert McAdam
Who was the opposite, sober and looked like he didn't want to be there

And, hand on heart, my third and last Richo story. Around 1995 I went to Hoyts Cinema on Bourke St in the city on a Saturday afternoon. I was in the lobby and Richo walked past. I was about 15 years old. He was wearing shorts and a white t-shirt, and I could not believe how big his calves were.
I was ok with the first 2 but a 3rd encounter raises serious stalking concerns. You should contact the police, I believe Matthew Richardson has been following you

See Mark Mercury every morning at a construction site im working in , nice fella , taller than I expected
Back in the day at the starbar, Nicky winmar , absolutely shitfaced was with Gilbert McAdam
Who was the opposite, sober and looked like he didn't want to be there

Yes, Winmar has been known to have the occasional beverage or two.

Was in Esperance overnight for work about 5 years ago and went to check out from the motel in the morning. A big bloke and I approached the desk from different directions and I took the opportunity to quickstep my way to the desk before him.
The woman at the desk was looking very uncomfortable about this and kept looking over my shoulder while processing my check out. As I turned to leave I glanced at the big fella and there was Glenn Jacovich just glaring at me. He didn’t look too happy that I made him wait 2 minutes with his taxi running.
Good on you. Bloke loves the smell of his own farts. Hope you gave him a wink as you left.

I’ve got Richo one from way back in the early 2000s.

I was at a New Year thing at a winery.

I saw Richo.

He had a moustache, which was almost a bit interesting.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back