Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back in the late 90s, I was walking along Brunswick St (footpath of south bound side) on a sunny Sunday arvo with Mrs 73, enjoying the atmosphere. I happened to look across to the north bound side as a tall figure was striding purposefully through the crowd. It was Matthew Richardson, wearing a baseball cap. Most of the crowd appeared oblivious to his presence, but I knew he was there. We turned to go into an eatery (think it was Joe's Garage, a favoutite at the time). I lost sight of him, and haven't seen Richo in person since. I often wonder where he was going that day, and what he did when he got there.
He was wearing a hat? If he was also eating chicken you would have stumbled over the biggest story in AFL media history.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

We have recently moved to the Mornington Peninsula before the latest lockdown started. Paul Hudson appears to live in the same street as me now. He has a massive set of legs. I looked at him. He looked at me. I thought, "is that Paul Hudson?", and then we parted ways.

We have recently moved to the Mornington Peninsula before the latest lockdown started. Paul Hudson appears to live in the same street as me now. He has a massive set of legs. I looked at him. He looked at me. I thought, "is that Paul Hudson?", and then we parted ways.
I probably wouldn't recognise him without his mouth guard in.

I was at the airport checking in my bags. It was long and boring so I looked over to the next counter and there was Buddy Franklin. I continued checking in my bags.

Saw Max Gawn at the checkout at Woolies in Rye just this past Summer. Think he or his family have a holiday house down here. Asked for a selfie with him as I’m a Demons tragic, which he was only too happy to oblige. Pulled out me iPhone and the bloody thing was at 1% battery and tricked out just as I was setting it up to take the shot. Gawny said “not to worry mate I’m sure we’ll meet again”, then went on his merry way with a bag full of groceries.

Absolute ripping bloke.

Last edited:
Must live in the South Morang / Mill Park area. I saw him walking out of woolworths Rivergum (around the corner) about 10 years ago, a car drove up and picked him up.
Lives in Plenty I'm pretty sure. Was a few houses down from my mums old place.

Saw Max Gawn at the checkout at Woolies in Rye just this past Summer. Think he or his family have a holiday house down here. Asked for a selfie with him as I’m a Demons tragic, which he was only too happy to oblige. Pulled out me iPhone and the bloody thing was at 1% battery and tricked out just as I was setting it up to take the shot. Gawny said “not to worry mate I’m sure we’ll meet again”, then went on his merry way with a bag full of groceries.

Absolutely ripping bloke. Polite, accommodating, genuine.
He lives on the Peninsula, talks about it on Gus and Gawny podcast.

Absolute ripping bloke.

I imagine he would get through a fair bit - three litre milk for all.

Once saw Lethal at Melbourne Airport with his wife. He looked mildly annoyed (as you do at airports) so kept to myself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just spoke on the phone to former ‘aren’t you the brother of Mark?’ north Melbourne player Brent Lecras. It was a boring conversation about internet

this Wed 15/12/2021, on way to work 7 am, at corner of Byron + Tennyson street, Elwood, there was Dimma walking his dog, a golden lab. Dimma turned to his dog, a bit behind, off the leash... I think he crankily muttered....C'mon then...Stacky's in better shape than you

So I guess Dimma lives within walking distance of me. Should warn him about flashfloodings in Elwood if I run into him again.

Bumped into Levi Greenwood down at Albert Park few months back on a cold spring night waiting for a pizza,he was also walking his dog
seemed like a nice bloke,wasnt looking for recognition

Some point in the last 1-4 months, walking to Tennyson street shops I thought I saw Dimma. Assumed it wasn't. Maybe was.
Little supermarket there is a good one.

Happy to see this thread again.
yeah I thought I saw him AND the new Mrs walking the dog near the canal...at the time when they first made the headlines but wasn't 100% confident so didn't wanna join the muck raking tabloids

walked past Dylan Shiel whilst he was at an outside table sipping coffee down vic ave.albert park.he was looking around to see if he was recognisable :sick: :sick:
his hair was perfect :headmassage::headmassage:

does Vince Colosimo count ? didnt he have a kick of the pill in 'Moving out' ?
see him somewhere just about every year.
Vince was caught by the cops with meth in the last couple of years so it seems he liked to get on the glass barbie. So yeah he could fit in with a few teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back