Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

I was at a jab clinic the other week.
After I had my shot the lady pointed to the other side of the hall to Willie Rioli and said I could go and get a selfie with him.
I declined.
I did tell her she was more than welcome to tell Willie he could come and get a selfie with me.
She declined.

Todd Goldstein crossed Union Road in Acot Vale. I don't have the screenshots to prove it but he was wearing a hat.

Walking down High street Northcote a few days ago I saw a guy in the distance and thought, that looks like big Max Gawn. Got closer and realised it was not him.

Must have been well over 10 years ago but I went into the TAB at the Rex in Port Melbourne to get some fixtures for office tipping,,,maybe 15 years.
David Swartz was in there with some haggard old bird who must have been pushing 50 plus.
I got my fixtures and left.
As usual I did sh*t in the office tipping. Cant comment on whether Swartz did better with the old chook.

Edit: ...I also had an encounter with Swartz when he was younger at a hotel in North Melb at a mutual friends 21'st. His girlfriend was stunning. He was out injured at the time, pissed and trying to play pool on crutches. Despite being smashed he was a decent bloke.
Saw David Schwarz hanging around the pokies at The Rex on Sunday. He kept looking over my right shoulder for a couple of hours.

going to the shops today reminded me of an encounter with Greg Tivendale.
He was going up an escalator whilst I was descending. Nothing more to add.

I also bought an overpriced pie from Simon Beaumont in his Bay St. Port Melbourne pie shop. Whilst you may think his football career was not very memorable....his pie shop was even less.

Walking down High street Northcote a few days ago I saw a guy in the distance and thought, that looks like big Max Gawn. Got closer and realised it was not him.

To be fair that's about half of Northcote apart from him being 208cm.

going to the shops today reminded me of an encounter with Greg Tivendale.
He was going up an escalator whilst I was descending. Nothing more to add.

I also bought an overpriced pie from Simon Beaumont in his Bay St. Port Melbourne pie shop. Whilst you may think his football career was not very memorable....his pie shop was even less.

Which pie shop was that? Still there?

Which pie shop was that? Still there?
giphy.gif

Back in 2016 i used to see charlie curnow waiting for the tram a lot when i was going to/leaving uni opposite princes park. He didn't have much of a profile then so nobody really spoke to or bothered him. Guessing he started getting lifts (or maybe got his licence back) because i never really saw him after easter.

Was behind Daniel Lloyd in the line for the Clock Hotel at Surry Hills last Friday. I can confirm he is double vaccinated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another one. A couple of years ago I was in Bunnings at Maribyrnong and I noticed this tall pregnant woman. I thought "Her bloke must be really tall" Next minute her bloke walks up to her. It was Shaun Hampson and I realised she was Megan Gale.
Reminds me of an encounter I had by association last week .

Saw a client of mine in Daylesford who informed me he see's Hampson and Gale regularly and saw them over the last weekend .

Described Gale as ' very pretty and very tall ' while Hampson was ' even taller ' .... no mention of Hampsons attractiveness though.

Reminds me of an encounter I had by association last week .

Saw a client of mine in Daylesford who informed me he see's Hampson and Gale regularly and saw them over the last weekend .

Described Gale as ' very pretty and very tall ' while Hampson was ' even taller ' .... no mention of Hampsons attractiveness though.

This is verging on interesting, saved by the fact you didn’t actually have the encounter or sighting, relegating it back to boring status.

Think I walked past Brodie Holland at Highpoint. He didn't have a mask on and had a confused look on his face so it's a fair chance it was him.

Saw Isaac Smith and Shaun Higgins walking down Bourke St in the city yesterday. Looked they had been enjoying themselves, both of them were tanked to the eyeballs. Good luck to them, having some fun before the rigour of pre season training resumes.

Worked at the same site as Graham Polak. Wore thongs while making toast. Still really tall

Remove this Banner Ad

Back