Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Was watching a few mates play cricket at the weekend , as you do snuck into the rooms to pinch some players only arvo tea.

While I was inhaling a few party pies my mate said ' hey you just stood next to Jake Carlisle '
A quick scan across the room confirmed this as being correct , the scorebook later also confirmed this .
He was wearing a hat during this encounter

Goomba1973

Team Captain
Aug 13, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
New York Mets
not AFL but I was at the Esplanade hotel in Fremantle when the Springboks were in town to play the Wallabies about 20 years ago. Was standing next to Joost van der Westhuizen at the concierge desk .... he farted and giggled to himself

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
If we are going away from AFL players I had coffee next to former Tour de France cyclist Mark Renshaw this morning. No interaction, a quick ‘thanks’ to the cashier and into his bike shop van. Peak boring

Demon13304

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I saw Clayton Oliver at the Melbourne Cup last year.
I wanted to say something but I realised that I'm an awkward bastard , and so is he.

So I decided against it, and that's all.

Was just in a lift with Cody Weightman and Scott Lucas. Weightman and Lucas were talking about the price of Subways in Iceland. I just kept my eyes on the in-lift monitor showing Sky News.

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Was going for a walk this morning with the missus.

Two big blokes run past us at pace. I say “They must be footy players.”.

Missus asks why I say that. “Because they are tall, running fast, and look like footy players.”.

They turn around so I can see their faces. They were footy players.

Then we walked home.

PS it was Jack Silvagni and some other guy who had a familiar face, might have been Marchbank.

BringFevBack2021

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
Was going for a walk this morning with the missus.

Two big blokes run past us at pace. I say “They must be footy players.”.

Missus asks why I say that. “Because they are tall, running fast, and look like footy players.”.

They turn around so I can see their faces. They were footy players.

Then we walked home.

PS it was Jack Silvagni and some other guy who had a familiar face, might have been Marchbank.
Haha, I saw Pittonet running the Merri Creek trail one day and said to the missus that I thought it was an AFL ruckman as it's not often I seen people running that fast down that trail, and usually when they do they're about 60kg and 168cm - not 200cm/100kg+ lumbering giants

The next time I saw him, I made sure I got a good look at his face and yep, it was Pitto

spindles11

Team Captain
Aug 2, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Saw Harry Mckay at the local aths track two weeks ago. He's really tall

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
When I was in high school I worked at Target part time. One day I served Jono Brown at the registers. One of the tallest guys I’ve ever seen and my god he is dopey. He just says yeah with a smile and deep laugh lol. Pretty much how he is like on ‘On the couch’ but less knowledgeable.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
Walked past Isaac Smith on Glenferrie Rd. You could see him looking around hoping somebody might recognise him and ask for an autograph.

Nobody did.

He looked lonely.

Back