Most dishonest players in the comp? Your top 10

Remove this Banner Ad

I also don't think Papley took a dive against Collingwood unless they show a side on view of no contact. It's a natural reaction to flail your arms around when pushed off balance in the air.

Really? Dozens of players every week manage not to go flying like he did at a minor nudge. He felt contact and absolutely made the impact himself.

I wouldn't have said Miers (think Dangerfield is the top 3 worst in AFL, so if I was picking a Geelong player I'd say him) and think Shuey, Macrae and Ward are generally pretty good these days, other than that pretty spot on by OP.

Grimes goes down so easy. Dangerfield and Brown have their arms up at slightest contact. Papley milks a free. Greene does slimy stuff (and then he and his teammates can't understand when he gets a reputation because he's such a good bloke!!). Puopolo drives his head into arms as much as possible.

I'd say Tippa too. He plays for the free, even if they are deserved free kicks by the rule book I hate how it's his instinct/first though. Drops the ball in heavy traffic to earn a hold, draws the high tackle etc. Yes they're still frees but the manner in which he gets them is annoying.

Really? Dozens of players every week manage not to go flying like he did at a minor nudge. He felt contact and absolutely made the impact himself.
Have you ever been double bounced on a trampoline or the first time you jumped of the high diving board.

When you are in the air and you sense your body is tipping forward your arms flail about trying to correct itself.

Try this for me? Jump in the air and have someone push you just as you're leaving the ground. Unless you're a gymnast you will be doing the same thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't have said Miers (think Dangerfield is the top 3 worst in AFL, so if I was picking a Geelong player I'd say him) and think Shuey, Macrae and Ward are generally pretty good these days, other than that pretty spot on by OP.

Grimes goes down so easy. Dangerfield and Brown have their arms up at slightest contact. Papley milks a free. Greene does slimy stuff (and then he and his teammates can't understand when he gets a reputation because he's such a good bloke!!). Puopolo drives his head into arms as much as possible.

I'd say Tippa too. He plays for the free, even if they are deserved free kicks by the rule book I hate how it's his instinct/first though. Drops the ball in heavy traffic to earn a hold, draws the high tackle etc. Yes they're still frees but the manner in which he gets them is annoying.
Tippa rarely gets them though which makes it frustrating has a supporter - we can’t even play for frees effectively

I also don't think Papley took a dive against Collingwood unless they show a side on view of no contact. It's a natural reaction to flail your arms around when pushed off balance in the air.

Just like jumping from a plane without ur parachute.

Let's not make this about 'clubs', we all have them. In fact, it could be argued these guys are the best team-mates. They do whatever they can to win, but in no order, can you list the top 10 players that you've spotted doing a dodgy? Whether it be milk a free, karate kick someone to mark a ball, win an Oscar, duck like donald or flop like a fish.

Here are my top 10

Tom Papley
Gryan Miers
Paul Puopolo
Dylan Grimes
Ben Brown
Luke Shuey
Jack McCrae
Joel Selwood
Callan Ward
Toby Greene
Far out! Id say any player from Pies or Dons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back