Most dishonest players in the comp? Your top 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Selwood by a mile followed by Hawkins

As the most frequently suspended key forward in recent memory, and one of the few (roughead, Walker and Franklin are the only others I can think of) KF who concede frees more often than they get them in that time, either a) he's not doing it very well, or b) you're full of sh*t

faking a drug test seems pretty dishonest.
riewoldt and cotchin also lied about not going into the hub.
lachie hunter and the other dogs player who lied about his dui
also thought i read somewhere that sidebottom told dunn that he had organised a ride home from howes then ordered an uber instead?

im not going to count players who lie to the media about their contracts, status or intentions.
Which was the other dogs player lying about a DUI? Genuinely don't remember any others, unless it's from a while back

I've said this many, many times before.

Selwood forces opponents to contact him high. He gets his body in a position where they are going to infringe unless they are very careful. He does it a) because it is the easiest way to break the tackle, and b) so that he increases his chances of the infringement, and getting a free kick.

So forwards who play in a certain position deliberately a) because it improves their chances of taking a mark and b) because it forces their opponent to risk a free kick in order to spoil - are they not doing the same thing?

Players who can see a ball that they can pick up but risk getting tackled as soon as they do so they pretend to play at it, get tackled and get a free for being held off the ball - are they not doing the same thing?

Players who hold the ball in deliberately but pretend to try and handball it to avoid giving away a free kick, are they not doing the same thing?

Incidentally, do normal people when you tread on lego, get a cramp, stub your toe, do you not immediately react far disproportionately to the damage actually done? It's a fairly normal human response.

Woodcock from Port won the rising star for this category this week :p
One for the future surely.
He’s learning from the very best in Robbie “oscar” Gray...

Seeing a couple of flops from young McAdam from the crows in recent weeks.. hope he gives that crap up real quick..

riley knight loves to duck into tackles..

No one beats Selwood though.. except maybe Rance..

The principal form of cheating in the game is the use of cash payments, favours, promises of future employment etc for players and their families in order to secure players your club would not otherwise have.

The campaigners (and they ARE campaigners) who accept this are far and away the most dishonest cheats in the game.

looking at on field indiscretions is barking up the wrong tree entirely.

Last edited:
Grimes is a milker, not a stager. He's never gone down without contact, most of his frees are off the ball blocks or bumps with a reasonable force. What grimes does is that while he could stay on his feet, he doesn't even try and puts his arms put. QF against Brisbane is a perfect example. He sees Hipwood coming and puts himself into the back foot so that a mild bump will knock him over. He could have stayed up if he tried, but he didn't bother trying.

Papley is definitely a stager not a milker. Maynard gave him a light touch to the middle/lower back and papley went down like Marylin Manson trying to suck himself off.
Love the defence of stager v milker

the fact we have a thread like this suggests something is becoming very wrong culturally in the AFL

it's time for the AFL to read the riot act and then start suspending players
Pretty sure it's a cleaner game these days.

(Back when I was a poor boy I made a few bucks out of referring sales for these videos.)

Incidentally, do normal people when you tread on lego, get a cramp, stub your toe, do you not immediately react far disproportionately to the damage actually done? It's a fairly normal human response.
What are you on about?.. Lego bloody hurts like hell when you step on it..
93745297-E08F-43AB-A229-7179E2D50678.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the defence of stager v milker
hey, grimes milks contact for everything its worth and hes up there with the best of them. but at least there is some contact. same as selwood and those types.

but what papley did, even with a minor touch to the back, is a level above milking and is a joke.

Which was the other dogs player lying about a DUI? Genuinely don't remember any others, unless it's from a while back
didnt another dogs player cover for hunter to the police/afl and drop him off somewhere else where he kept getting drunk? i have it in my mind that it was bailey smith but that might just be his gross haircut clouding my thoughts.

surely its Jesse Hogan

rolled his car in the middle of the day then the club stated no alcohol or drugs were involved without an investigation

didnt another dogs player cover for hunter to the police/afl and drop him off somewhere else where he kept getting drunk? i have it in my mind that it was bailey smith but that might just be his gross haircut clouding my thoughts.
Nah Smith and Gowers were there (I think Smith drove him to Gowers place) but I don't think either were actually involved in any way, and didn't lie. That was 100% Hunter's * up. Could also have been thinking of Libba being found with coke? Although he didn't lie either, pretty sure he was just cooked in a gutter or something like that

Selwoods technique is an attempt to break a tackle. Up to the umpire to call play on.

Dangerfield is much worse

Remove this Banner Ad

Back