Opinion Most disliked teams in the competition (2021 edition)

Who do you dislike the most?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know how anyone who thinks of themselves as a footy fan couldn't vote Essendon. They're the most disgraceful organisation in the history of Australian sport. The club shouldn't exist and every player that cheated should have been banned for life. For as long as they remain, they're an indelible stain on the competition and every single one of their fans should continue to be ashamed to support them.

Otherwise, Geelong suck. Scott, Selwood and Dangerfield are whiniest triumvirate of whinging campaigners that ever existed and they play the most boring brand of footy in the comp, to the point where their continued success is actually bad for football as a sport.

Yawn. Listening to North supporters complaining about other clubs is like listening to a dole recipient asking taxpayers to work harder.

NM revenue sources:

- AFL handouts (28%)
- Handouts from other clubs (9%)
- AFL handouts (1%)
- AFLW handouts (1.5%)
- Member handouts (3%)
- gate receipts (<1%)
- membership (18%)
- merchandise (1%)
- sponsorship (23%)
- Govt handouts (0%)
- Govt handouts (9%)

1633591139381.png

Yawn. Listening to North supporters complaining about other clubs is like listening to a dole recipient asking taxpayers to work harder.

NM revenue sources:

- AFL handouts (28%)
- Handouts from other clubs (9%)
- AFL handouts (1%)
- AFLW handouts (1.5%)
- Member handouts (3%)
- gate receipts (<1%)
- membership (18%)
- merchandise (1%)
- sponsorship (23%)
- Govt handouts (0%)
- Govt handouts (9%)

View attachment 1255159
LOL imagine thinking that is at all similar to a club undertaking the most disgraceful systematic cheating in Australian sporting history. For as long as it exists, your club is a shameful blight on the Australian sporting landscape.

Edit: But I can honestly say that if I had a choice between relocation or even folding because of financial reasons or instituting a considered, deliberate doping regime with the knowing involvement of everyone from the players to the coaching staff, I would much rather the former.

LOL imagine thinking that is at all similar to a club undertaking the most disgraceful systematic cheating in Australian sporting history. For as long as it exists, your club is a shameful blight on the Australian sporting landscape.

Edit: But I can honestly say that if I had a choice between relocation or even folding because of financial reasons or instituting a considered, deliberate doping regime with the knowing involvement of everyone from the players to the coaching staff, I would much rather the former.
Blah blah blah...

Fold.

I don't know how anyone who thinks of themselves as a footy fan couldn't vote Essendon. They're the most disgraceful organisation in the history of Australian sport. The club shouldn't exist and every player that cheated should have been banned for life. For as long as they remain, they're an indelible stain on the competition and every single one of their fans should continue to be ashamed to support them.
50th year as a member coming up. In our 150th. I’m only 53. I live and breathe this club. You can f/off n.melt. AKA little brother.
I‘m tipping you barely go to a game with or without COVID.

Last edited:
Attempted to tank for Bryce Gibbs, we just tanked better. More experience.

Sent from my SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

WHO WOULDN'T TANK FOR THE 2006 SUPERDRAFT!

Gibbs :/
Gumbleton :'(
Hansen :(
Leuenberger :(
Boak :)
Thorp :'(
Selwood :D
Reid :(
Armitage :/
N Brown :/
A Everitt :(
J Frawley :)
J Reiwoldt :D
J Sellar :'(
D O'Keefe :'(
M Brown :/
S Hampson :(
L Jetta :(
S Grigg :)
T Hislop :'(

What a shitshow that was

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Lloydy that day. I'm thinking that was the year he kicked 7 in the first quarter on Leaping Leo Barry and tore his hammy off the bone a week later???

Didn’t Ess and Carl meet in a cellar dweller game and Lloyds backheeled goal got us the points ? Which had a huge influence on draft position ?

Didn’t Ess and Carl meet in a cellar dweller game and Lloyds backheeled goal got us the points ? Which had a huge influence on draft position ?
Lloyd missed the Gibbs cup. The back heeled goal was Round 20 2007 according to AFL tables. We couldn't win more than 4 games that season or we loses the priority pick which was pick 1 (Kruezer).

We had a handy lead twice in that game and got ran over!!!

Lloyd missed the Gibbs cup. The back heeled goal was Round 20 2007 according to AFL tables. We couldn't win more than 4 games that season or we loses the priority pick which was pick 1 (Kruezer).

We had a handy lead twice in that game and got ran over!!!

Gibbs Cup !!yes remember it well. And the Kruezer cup. Spot on !

50th year as a member coming up. In our 150th. I’m only 53. I live and breathe this club. You can f/off n.melt. AKA little brother.
I‘m tipping you barely go to a game with or without COVID.
And honestly, mate, I pity you. In fact, you have my sympathy. All that time and effort put into supporting the club only for the coaching staff and players to betray you by instituting and participating in the most systematic and disgraceful cheating regime in the history of Australian sport. As I said, the club should have been dissolved, allowing the game, the competition and most importantly you fans to see a measure of justice, closure and the chance to move on.

And honestly, mate, I pity you. In fact, you have my sympathy. All that time and effort put into supporting the club only for the coaching staff and players to betray you by instituting and participating in the most systematic and disgraceful cheating regime in the history of Australian sport. As I said, the club should have been dissolved, allowing the game, the competition and most importantly you fans to see a measure of justice, closure and the chance to move on.
Nothing of my doing, but we are left to carry the can. I saw right through Hird from day one, not that it mattered, brilliant footballer, just not my type of bloke. I let my thoughts be known directly to the club, again, it mattered little, got the usual blah blah reply, which was expected. Just paid the membership for the 50th year, there was a questionnaire attached. One of the q’s was “ what can we do for you as a member” My reply was “buy me a beer for my 50th” Ha ! No chance ! Because they know suckers like me keep fronting up year in year out.

These responses are funny because even after everything we have done, people still feel an undeniable hatred toward us.

Almost rent free one would say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These responses are funny because even after everything we have done, people still feel an undeniable hatred toward us.

Almost rent free one would say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wait, you don't think it's appropriate for people to think of a club that carefully planned and executed the most calculated and widespread cheating program in the history of Australian support -- with the enthusiastic and knowing participation of players and coaches alike no less -- as a pariah? To feel utter disgust at their continued besmirchment of the sport? I find it weird that you think it's weird that people hate the club that did this in a thread that is supposed to be talking about disliked clubs. I meant what I said earlier: anyone that calls themselves a fan of the game should dislike Essendon simply because they continue to exist and for as long as they do so they are a caustic stain on the league and the game.

As I said earlier though, for you fans I feel nothing less than absolute pity. You were betrayed and the club should have been dissolved to allow you to move on and have some closure. I mean, the shame alone to actually say the words "I'm an Essendon fan"; no fan should have to be put through that just for simply being a fan.

Back