Opinion Most disliked teams in the competition (2021 edition)

Who do you dislike the most?

• Total voters

andrewb

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Collingwood’s not even the most hated club anymore.It seems that we’ve practically become irrelevant to the competition
Collingwood is like that weird, racist, touchy uncle that you don’t want to get stuck next to at Christmas.

It’s hard to hate something you pity.

Nebular

Club Legend
Sep 18, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I honestly don't think anyone hates North, there's no reason to. From the outside, to say that they have some sort of rivalry with Essendon doesn't make sense. Seems like you would like it to happen, but Essendon supporters would be focused on a dozen other clubs.
They think we hate them but really we just like to make fn of them.

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How the fu** are we not winning this by a mile?
Too big to completely ignore, too irrelevant to really register any more.

Let's face it, your one big activity over the last 20 years Essendon were in involved chemists more than winning.

There is residual hatred that is turning into irrelevance.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Personally I find it hard to dislike other teams because I already know that my team is the best.

Some teams I pity more than others but I am barely indifferent to most. If I'm being really honest, there are probably some teams I would dislike if they were even remotely successful, but their continued ineptitude and long history of failure brings humour to me instead. Carlton is a pretty good example- 25 years of garbage has sent some of their fans properly insane. And that's wonderful to see. Long may it continue!

COOGRE

Cancelled
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Southampton FC, New Orleans Saints
Dees, Bulldogs, Geelong, Tigers

Honourable mention: Carlton

Personally I find it hard to dislike other teams because I already know that my team is the best.

Some teams I pity more than others but I am barely indifferent to most. If I'm being really honest, there are probably some teams I would dislike if they were even remotely successful, but their continued ineptitude and long history of failure brings humour to me instead. Carlton is a pretty good example- 25 years of garbage has sent some of their fans properly insane. And that's wonderful to see. Long may it continue!
If Carlton and Essendon come half decent in the next twenty years their fans will be unbearable, that much is certain, much like Richmond fans.

Few teams that I really dislike.

Was genuinely happy for the Dees fans and admired how their team played.

Given the crap they copped for decades, the Tiggers thoroughly deserved their period of dominance and generally the fans have not gone over the top.

Carlton's shenanigans on and off field this Century have provided great fun and entertainment for those of us with long memories.

The main interest in North is less dislike but more how much longer can they hold on in the Comp.

In terms of the way they play I do not like how Footscray have been coached to throw and dive. It is the systemic version of Duckwood.

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't know how anyone who thinks of themselves as a footy fan couldn't vote Essendon. They're the most disgraceful organisation in the history of Australian sport. The club shouldn't exist and every player that cheated should have been banned for life. For as long as they remain, they're an indelible stain on the competition and every single one of their fans should continue to be ashamed to support them.

Otherwise, Geelong suck. Scott, Selwood and Dangerfield are whiniest triumvirate of whinging campaigners that ever existed and they play the most boring brand of footy in the comp, to the point where their continued success is actually bad for football as a sport.

Back