Opinion Most frustrating time as a Geelong supporter

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same. I grab a copy of every game and I like to watch again in the cold light of day once the emotion has subsided.

Only reviewed one game this season, and only cos my old man visited after being in QLD and not being able to watch it live.

We've become such an unattractive team.

Yes the movement down the wings can be as slow as watching paint dry. Seeing our forwards flood our defensive 50 leaving no one to kick to if we gain possession frustrates me no end. I thought the idea of playing GAJ forward was for him to remain in our F50 ensuring that there is a target at all times. Plenty of things that need fixing.

Same. I grab a copy of every game and I like to watch again in the cold light of day once the emotion has subsided.

Only reviewed one game this season, and only cos my old man visited after being in QLD and not being able to watch it live.

We've become such an unattractive team.

I was in furious agreement last season. Boring.

The first half of this season was refreshing. Fun to watch. Much faster ball movement.
Then we went back to the old ways. Boring (and not productive).

The last two finals showed we can still play the faster more chaos game with forward pressure. That needs to be refined even further next year.

If it does return footy will be fun to watch again.

Last 14 weeks of the season WLWLWLWLWLWLWL was not very good
perfectly consistant.

Hard to do in an even competition these days.

GO Catters

it's the pits right now

slow boring defensive game style
an old stale coach who doesnt change
continually topping up with retreads
inevitable finals failure

trade period is where i'll be the most nervous, cos every washed up hack will be associated with us and it shows the direction the club is going next year

feels like groundhog day where we just keep repeating 2016

Through their public messaging, Chris Scott, Brian Cook and Colin Cater seem intent on driving a wedge between the fans and the club.
Chris Scott in particular seems to be only out for himself.

As fans, we're being told how we should feel and how we should define success (3rd out of 18 is great!!!!), but we have absolutely no right to question anything or any right to ask for clarification on certain coaching moves, as we're all uneducated halfwits (minor paraphrasing).

That's pretty frustrating.

I will show my age here.
I remember going to Kardinia Park with Dad and watching Polly handball to Billy for a goal...
For me the 70's and 80's were worse than now.
To have to put up with the "Commentators" calling the team hangbaggers because they played the ball and other teams punched their way to Premierships. Making fun of us, calling the Nankervis brothers the "Leyland brothers" cos they passed across the ground to a player in better position, like they do now.
In the 70's we were a joke. Then the 80's we let Hafey go, and Williams.
It hurt.
Now we have a coach that cant win finals and hard decisions have to be made but atleast we have three more flags to go on with and no one makes fun of us anymore.
If we had been able to retain Bomber we may well have had three or four more flags, but they just have to make some hard decisions and we can be on top again but they better hurry before all the good players retire.

This is a question that can only be relative to your own experiences, but is this now the most frustratng set of years you have had as a Geelong supporter?

I only caught the end of the 90s GF woes, and the late 90s and early 00s were the building years. For the older fans, does this stretch of time (12-17) now start to rank up there with the (89-95) stretch?

I know losing a prelim can't really compare to losing a GF, but as stated above, I didn't really have to live through those years. The older you get, the more the recent loses seem to sting.

Not a doom and gloom thread, just curious to know other fans experiences.

Mate, 89 - 95
Brownlow medalist and Colemans.
4 Grandfinal losses.
Nothing can compare.

Mate, 89 - 95
Brownlow medalist and Colemans.
4 Grandfinal losses.
Nothing can compare.
2012-2019
Brownlow medalist
4 preliminary final losses
At an age where I can comprehend what that means, it definitely compares.

Right Now. Because it isn't us romping to a win
Agreed. So frustrating watching Richmond trounce gws. We threw away a premiership this year. I hope the boys were all watching this and hurting bad. If this isn’t motivation to put in that extra 5% next year nothing is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawkins played last week easily could be us right now

Or if we played our full back in his best position instead of up on the wing...

Watching Caddy get his second premiership medal.

He was a passenger today like the majority of his career.

Nice for him that he has as many medals as Shannon Byrnes and Josh Hunt though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back