10. Cats

11. Pies

12. GWS

13. Blues

14. Gold Coast

15. Saints

16. Power

17. Lions

1. Sydney, GC and GWS - all propped up by the AFL and given all the concessions in the world to win premierships
2. WCE - worst fans in the comp. Hate the concept 'west coast', not a suburb, town or city, just claiming the whole west coast, wanky and ridiculous....and they have the worst song in the comp.
3. Adelaide - 1998

Hate: Dogs, Dons, GWS, Swans
Dislike: Richmond, Cats, Hawks
Neutral: Port, GC, Pies, Blues, Freo, WC, Crows, Lions,
Don't mind: Saints, Dees

Being from Adelaide there's no team I like beating more than the Crows.
My phone doesn't vibrate more any other time of year than that 2 hours we are playing them. That flogging a few weeks back was very satisfying. It's funny, there were still lots of messages coming through after half time, they were just from Port Adelaide supporters.

I do hate Essendon though.

Have always disliked Geelong, originally because of the 94 Prelim, but I lived with a guy who was a one eyed Cats supporter. We moved into our place the week North beat Geelong at Kardinia in 07. After that their streak started & they were painfully good. Thing with them is they used to have a few players I liked (Bartel & Enright etc.).

Can't stand Sydney these past few years either. I think supporters have a lot to do with that. Same goes for Richmond & Hawthorn.

It would be easier to just say the teams I can tolerate...

Favourite:
North.
Then Freo.
Port.
Melbourne.
GWS.
Carlt... That's it.

Stuff em all.

=1. Collingwood. It's Collingwood, it's the law.
=1. Essendon. It's in our constitution. Or at least it should be.
3. Western Bulldogs. Their fans are turds.
4. West Coast. Not even Simmo as their coach can save them, their fans are every bit as bad as the Bulldogs.
5. Fremantle. Must be something about WA.
6. Hawthorn.
7. Geelong.
8. Port Adelaide.
9. Gold Coast. Don't deserve to be here.
10. Adelaide.
11. Sydney. They have moved up a little because Horse is their coach, but soon as he goes they'll be back in the bottom 4/5.
12. Carlton. Have become irrelevant.
13. GWS. Can't really hate them at the moment because they haven't done much, but if they don't give us Kelly that will change.
14. Brisbane. Have become an embarrassment more than a club to hate.
15. Richmond. Too busy laughing at them to hate them.
16. Melbourne. A nothing club.
17. St. Kilda. Success starved, too hard to really hate.

1. *. No explanation required.
2. Sydney. If you lived in NSW you'd understand. Fan fiction masquerading as journalism on this mob, as well as concessions, as well as being surrounded by pinheads who don't give two shits about football but profess an undying love for the Swannies, as well as fake bloods culture, etc.
3. Blanket the rest I guess, but I've found it hard to have much sympathy for Carlton after they attempted to swallow us whole in 1990. tipping the hate-ometer might have different results if this poll were taken 27 years ago

I dont really care enough about the others to hate them.

Richmond - Fans are arsehats.

Hawthorn - Players are arsehats.

Adelaide - City is an arsehat.

Dogs - Friends who barrack for them are arsehats.

I can tolerate:

Melbourne - the whinging last weekend pushed my limits however.

Carlton - never had an issue at a Carlton game.

St.Kilda - Can't be offended by a team with only the solitary flag

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4. West Coast. Not even Simmo as their coach can save them, fans every bit as bad as the Bulldogs.
5. Fremantle. Must be something about WA.
Yep, there is...

'Hate'...

=1. Weagles & Freo. As with others living outside Vic, you learn to hate the 'local' teams and their one-eyed supporters. Q: 'Who do you go for... Eagles or Dockers?' A: 'Neither, a real team!' R: 'Huh?' Who's highest depends on the ladder and the commensurate levels of myopic arrogance. Weagles #1 since '12 EF, but both lots of supporters at Subi shocking.
3. Melbourne. The combination of tanking, general irrelevance and fan arrogance irks me no end.
4. Western. Since Hall/Eade incident and ensuing media sympathy, zero tolerance. The undeserved praise (premiership notwithstanding) irks me no end.
5. Essendon. History, rivalry, arrogance and the unthinking mainstream support. No sympathy.
6. Gold Coast. GAJ has managed this single-handedly. Has to be my single most despised player.
7. St. Kilda. I tend to hate 'fellow' smaller clubs for the inappropriate arrogance they get when successful. Lyon's stink remains.
8. Sydney. The leg ups they get from AFL House, but mainly the Roos, Healy stench. Some respect too, however.

'Irrelevant'...

9. GWS. They are truly a 'non-entity' for me as a team. They are simply a bunch of top end draft picks thrown together. Harsh perhaps, but they engender no feelings either way. (Josh, if you're reading this, it's difficult to see this from the inside, but once you're at North, you'll know. 'You don't know what you don't know. ;) )

'Don't Mind'...

10. Collingwood. Don't hate them, despite a narrative that I should. Always felt we're better.
11. Adelaide. Okay, somewhat bland, but even '98 doesn't affect my feelings about them. (We lost it.)
12. Richmond. How can you hate a bunny?
13. Carlton. Didn't like the tanking, but maybe due to us getting Wells, never harboured angst.
14. Brisbane. Liked them in their heyday, pity them now.
15. Port Adelaide. A 'real' team who have to overcome the 'battler' tag too. Tredrea pushed it.
16. Hawthorn. Appreciate what they've accomplished. Lewis pushed it, but a respected rival.
17. Geelong. Appreciate what they've accomplished, liked their 07-11 team. Most fans respectful.

From most hated to least hated:

1. Dawks

2. Bummers

Essendon (main) – North and Essendon have a chequered history that dates back to the late 19th century; firstly in 1896, Essendon had North excluded from the VFL because both clubs drew supporters from the same area. North supporters have long been bitter with Essendon for excluding them from the VFL, and have blamed that for their small supporter base in comparison to Essendon's. North's first VFL Grand Final was against Essendon in 1950. The rivalry was reignited in the 90s; in 1998, following comments by Essendon coach labelling Kangaroos executives Greg Miller and Mark Dawson "marshmallows", a reference to their softness, North supporters threw marshmallows at Sheedy after the opening Qualifying Final.[30]

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2014-01-14/nmfc-archives-1921

You have the wrong one at number 1.

I'm not a big believer in hate. It's a negative and destructive emotion. Having said that, the past few years has created a special place in the toilet of my heart for:

Yep, there is...

'Hate'...

=1. Weagles & Freo. As with others living outside Vic, you learn to hate the 'local' teams and their one-eyed supporters. Q: 'Who do you go for... Eagles or Dockers?' A: 'Neither, a real team!' R: 'Huh?' Who's highest depends on the ladder and the commensurate levels of myopic arrogance. Weagles #1 since '12 EF, but both lots of supporters at Subi shocking.
3. Melbourne. The combination of tanking, general irrelevance and fan arrogance irks me no end.
4. Western. Since Hall/Eade incident and ensuing media sympathy, zero tolerance. The undeserved praise (premiership notwithstanding) irks me no end.
5. Essendon. History, rivalry, arrogance and the unthinking mainstream support. No sympathy.
6. Gold Coast. GAJ has managed this single-handedly. Has to be my single most despised player.
7. St. Kilda. I tend to hate 'fellow' smaller clubs for the inappropriate arrogance they get when successful. Lyon's stink remains.
8. Sydney. The leg ups they get from AFL House, but mainly the Roos, Healy stench. Some respect too, however.

'Irrelevant'...

9. GWS. They are truly a 'non-entity' for me as a team. They are simply a bunch of top end draft picks thrown together. Harsh perhaps, but they engender no feelings either way. (Josh, if you're reading this, it's difficult to see this from the inside, but once you're at North, you'll know. 'You don't know what you don't know. ;) )

'Don't Mind'...

10. Collingwood. Don't hate them, despite a narrative that I should. Always felt we're better.
11. Adelaide. Okay, somewhat bland, but even '98 doesn't affect my feelings about them. (We lost it.)
12. Richmond. How can you hate a bunny?
13. Carlton. Didn't like the tanking, but maybe due to us getting Wells, never harboured angst.
14. Brisbane. Liked them in their heyday, pity them now.
15. Port Adelaide. A 'real' team who have to overcome the 'battler' tag too. Tredrea pushed it.
16. Hawthorn. Appreciate what they've accomplished. Lewis pushed it, but a respected rival.
17. Geelong. Appreciate what they've accomplished, liked their 07-11 team. Most fans respectful.
Put * equal 1st and that's not a bad wrap up my Sandgroper brutha.

Not sure how anyone can hate Richmond with all the LOL's they have given us over the years.

I hate The Weagles. Carl ******* Langdon.

I think Karls a north supporter

1. Well you know by now which one.
2. Port. Scum club. Tryhard club. Scum supporters.
3, Bulldogs. More grown over the past couple of years due to : constant sooking over things. Coach who I cannot stand and also a big arrogant sook who thinks he is a god.
4. Eagles, Essendon.

Now I hated Essendon and Carlton like no other before and they were number 1 with the other club so it will no doubt get back up there when theyre supporters start mouthing off. Essendon supporters are already starting to show me why I hate them so much. Its not the club I hate but their supporters.

All the rest I dont care about really. Dont bother me much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back