11. Gold Coast
12. West coast
13. Fremantle
14. Carlton
15. Geelong
16. Brisbane
17. GWS

Hate them all. So much.

Life's too short to go around hating stuff. Particularly in this day and age we should just celebrate the things that make us happy.

Having said that, Hawthorn, Carlton, GWS, Essendon, Bulldogs, Geelong, Richmond, Melbourne, St.Kilda, Sydney, Freo, Brisbane, Adelaide, Collingwood, West Coast, Port and Gold Coast really give me the shits.

This is fun.

1. * because we have to hate them. And they make it so easy for us to do so.
2. WC - not just because 0 of their 3 premierships is untainted, though it's mostly that. But also the arrogance that started when they'd only been in the comp for 5 minutes.
3. Flogdogs - I used to just think they were pathetic non-entities until the recent years of media fluffing. Now they're unbearable (caveat - I do respect what they achieved last year).
4. Sydney - COLA, handouts, whinging and Boo A Roo.
5. Crows - unlike some, I can't forgive.

The teams I don't mind - Saints, Richmond and Freo (but I've never lived in WA). I also respect Hawthorn and Geelong's achievements.

Interestingly, my 8yo daughter has developed an extreme dislike for Richmond. I asked her why and she replied "they're eeeevil". I'm happy that she's developing her own football opinions, especially healthy well-considered ones like that.

Collingwood,Saints,Carlton,Richmond,Melbourne and * have been a rabble on and off field for a while now so if anything i pity them.

Sydney have have had the edge on us lately and get in our players face alot so they are one team i hate with a passion. Their concessions and academy, stealing a few F/S is the cream on top to add to my hate.

West Coast i have a bit of hate for who beat us in a few few finals i can't forget.

GWS and Gold Coast are plastic and that's all they will be to most opposition fans until they have an even footing in the comp i will start to look at seriously.

Edit And i kind of respect what Hawks and Geelong have done in the last decade.

Last edited:
2. Sydney. If you lived in NSW you'd understand. Fan fiction masquerading as journalism on this mob, as well as concessions, as well as being surrounded by pinheads who don't give two shits about football but profess an undying love for the Swannies, as well as fake bloods culture, etc.
******* brilliant lines. The back pages of the Sydney rags or Sydney TV pretending to "National" News if they mention a 2nd grade NSWRL score in Wollongong are summed up brilliantly here, they're complete inward looking shite. Did you know Aliir Aliir is the only person born outside of Australia to dominate the AFL? * me, neither did I until I picked up a paper in a Sydney Airport cafe.
As for the pinheads, I'll never forget getting a phone call from a long-not-heard-from-but-knew-he-was-in-Sydney uncle about three days before the 96 Grand Final, he was after NINE tickets so he and his mates could come and watch "Plugga and the Swannies". He was genuinely shitty I wasn't "going to even get off your arse and try" to help him out. Up there with the w***er sitting behind us in about 2007 attempting to taunt with "how much are flights to the Gold Coast?"all game, but I had no idea about football for responding with "how much are tram tickets to South Melbourne?" Plastic club.

Edit, that said, I don't play favourites, I hate them all.

Yep, there is...

'Hate'...

=1. Weagles & Freo. As with others living outside Vic, you learn to hate the 'local' teams and their one-eyed supporters. Q: 'Who do you go for... Eagles or Dockers?' A: 'Neither, a real team!' R: 'Huh?' Who's highest depends on the ladder and the commensurate levels of myopic arrogance. Weagles #1 since '12 EF, but both lots of supporters at Subi shocking.
3. Melbourne. The combination of tanking, general irrelevance and fan arrogance irks me no end.
4. Western. Since Hall/Eade incident and ensuing media sympathy, zero tolerance. The undeserved praise (premiership notwithstanding) irks me no end.
5. Essendon. History, rivalry, arrogance and the unthinking mainstream support. No sympathy.
6. Gold Coast. GAJ has managed this single-handedly. Has to be my single most despised player.
7. St. Kilda. I tend to hate 'fellow' smaller clubs for the inappropriate arrogance they get when successful. Lyon's stink remains.
8. Sydney. The leg ups they get from AFL House, but mainly the Roos, Healy stench. Some respect too, however.

'Irrelevant'...

9. GWS. They are truly a 'non-entity' for me as a team. They are simply a bunch of top end draft picks thrown together. Harsh perhaps, but they engender no feelings either way. (Josh, if you're reading this, it's difficult to see this from the inside, but once you're at North, you'll know. 'You don't know what you don't know. ;) )

'Don't Mind'...

10. Collingwood. Don't hate them, despite a narrative that I should. Always felt we're better.
11. Adelaide. Okay, somewhat bland, but even '98 doesn't affect my feelings about them. (We lost it.)
12. Richmond. How can you hate a bunny?
13. Carlton. Didn't like the tanking, but maybe due to us getting Wells, never harboured angst.
14. Brisbane. Liked them in their heyday, pity them now.
15. Port Adelaide. A 'real' team who have to overcome the 'battler' tag too. Tredrea pushed it.
16. Hawthorn. Appreciate what they've accomplished. Lewis pushed it, but a respected rival.
17. Geelong. Appreciate what they've accomplished, liked their 07-11 team. Most fans respectful.

Finally someone pegs Melbourne for the tanking, city hall protected pissants that they are.

A lot of short memories in this thread. That's the only thing that can explain why Carlton isn't in everyone's top three. This is a club that has spent most of its existence arrogantly thumbing its nose at the concepts ethics, propriety and humility. AND they also tried to buy us on the sly so they could break us up for spare parts.

They literally don't know how to be successful now that the playing field has been levelled.

Long may their sh*tness last.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon (arrogant scum that don't accept the mediocrity that encapsulates their existence)
West Coast (arrogant scum without the element of mediocrity)
Port Adelaide (collingwood supporters by another name but only so much worse)
Western Bulldogs (loser supporters)
Sydney ("bloods culture" bullshit)
Gold Coast (GAJ)
GWS (afl love child)
Adelaide (less arrogant version of West Coast)
Carlton (their supporters have accepted mediocrity unlike their scum red and black cousins)
Collingwood (their current situation is laughable)
St Kilda (feel sorry for them tbh)
Brisbane (poor fitzroy supporters)
Melbourne (whiny and entitled but are ultimately easybeats)
Fremantle (don't hear much of them in melbourne)
Richmond (how can you hate them when they bring so much joy)
Hawthorn (begrudging respect)
Geelong

1. The scum. Their arrogance and delusion growing up was intolerable. I still have this incalculable level of contempt rise up in me whenever that senile old c*nt Sheedy comes up on my screen, using a social cause to self promote and self-satisfy.

Daylight

2. Sydney - For what has already been touched on. Also the shite loss after shite loss we've copped from them in recent years - one game that is seared into my memory is the 2011 game against them at Etihad. You remember that one? We literally had the ball in their defensive 50 for the las 20 minutes of the game, mustering only one goal (A beauty of a boonana from the boundary by Wellsy i do believe) and ultimately falling short by 1 point. I remember leaving the stadium dejected, but comforted in the knowledge that the clueless Swannies fans that had so annoyed me throughout the match woul see their aging side spiral down the ladder in years to come. (or so I thought)

Daylight

Collingwood and West Coast

A lot of short memories in this thread. That's they only thing that can explain why Carlton isn't in everyone's top three. This is a club that has spent most of its existence arrogantly thumbing its nose at the concepts ethics, propriety and humility. AND they also tried to buy us on the sly so they could break us up for spare parts.

They literally don't know how to be successful now that the playing field has been levelled.

Long may their sh*tness last.

have you seen the Open Mike interview with john elliot? thinks things like draft and salary cap are a waste of time and the rich clubs should prosper no matter what.

dislike richmond, footscray, collingwood, hawthorn, swans, st. kilda
dont care carlton, essendon, gws, brisbane, gold coast, fremantle, port adelaide, geelong
dont mind melbourne, adelaide, west coast - the old west coast - mainwaring, turley, worsfold etc

Essendon. Grew up in one of their old recruiting zones. Everyone around the place barracked for them. Can't stand the club, stands for nothing. Don't mind a few of the past players.

Adelaide. Crow eaters... just can't stand them, never had. The ultimate in un-reasoned hate for this club. Probably grew up to close to the border.

Collingwood. Along with Essendon I don't think there is a more privileged club, fanbase, and player list in the competition. They influence the lawmakers of the game to suit their own purposes.

All interstate teams.
Then all the rest.

Would love to see this as sort sort of poll. Maybe allow people 5 votes or something. Not sure how you could do it with the forum software

im not sure that hate is a strong enough word for the way i feel about those blue and gold ducking sacks of rancid pig s**t that are the eagles and their moronic fans who have all the charm and personality of an infected hemorrhoid

1. The scum. Their arrogance and delusion growing up was intolerable. I still have this incalculable level of contempt rise up in me whenever that senile old c*nt Sheedy comes up on my screen, using a social cause to self promote and self-satisfy.

You didn't go to school in * did you? I did and you've summed up my feelings very nicely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back