Opinion Most HATED Opposition Club? (Besides West Lakes)

Most HATED Opposition Club? (Besides West Lakes)

• Collingwood (Eddie)

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Essendon (Based On Record)

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Geelong (Record And Players)

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Hawthorn (Former Coach)

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • North Melbourne (Based On Record)

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Richmond (Former Coach)

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • West Coast (Perth Crows?)

Votes: 7 11.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You absolutely sure ? I know we existed before them. 1870 ports 1892 them

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We didn’t go b&w until 1902.

Those preceding three and a smidge decades have been known to put the “YoU’rE pOrT pOwEr NoT pOrT mAgPiEs” mouthbreathers in an intellectual bind.

We started wearing black and white in 1902, apparently because we couldn’t source the magenta dye we were using previously.

Funnily enough though Collingwood drew inspiration from the SA state guernsey (and piping shrike emblem I presume) which was black and white vertical stripes back in 1891.

We didn’t go b&w until 1902.

Those preceding three and a smidge decades have been known to put the “YoU’rE pOrT pOwEr NoT pOrT mAgPiEs” mouthbreathers in an intellectual bind.

That’s pretty racist man

Got the obvious ones Collingwood hawthorn essendon. Add in the gws gc teams. And st kilda nth Melbourne cant give a reason why just dislike them just two vanilla ehhhhhhh teams.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Ultimate Hate - Crows

Hate with a fury - Geelong, West Coast, Essendon

Hate a lot - Brisbane, Bulldogs, Carlton

Hate because Jack Reiwoldt plays for the them - Richmond

General hate - Sydney, GWS, Collingwood,

Only hate when we are playing due to irrelevance - Norf, Saints, Gold Coast, Freo, Melbourne

Hate but would support if I had gun to my head - Hawthorn

Don't hate but think they shouldn't exist: GC and GWS.

Talent drain on the rest of the comp, dogshit grounds with no atmosphere, no supporters, completely uninteresting, propped up by AFL handouts, little to no progress in a decade. Now it looks like GWS are going back in the bin and GC have never not been rubbish. Just completely pointless and a waste of money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Geelong. I miss when they were a novelty side with Gary Ablett Snr in my youth, now they are almost the most arrogant supporter base in the comp since 2007 and obvious reasons.

2. West Coast. Living in Perth for 20 plus years I absolutely despise this mob. Everything from their supporters to the players, to the jumper, to them being rammed down your throat 24/7.

3. Carlton. Never liked them, plus being old enough to remember how arrogant they are when they're winning.

1. Geelong. I miss when they were a novelty side with Gary Ablett Snr in my youth, now they are almost the most arrogant supporter base in the comp since 2007 and obvious reasons.

2. West Coast. Living in Perth for 20 plus years I absolutely despise this mob. Everything from their supporters to the players, to the jumper, to them being rammed down your throat 24/7.

3. Carlton. Never liked them, plus being old enough to remember how arrogant they are when they're winning.
I always thought Essendon and Carlton were kind of the same to me because of the similar reputations they share with cheating off the field and making terrible and premature coaching decisions with the likes of Hird and Malthouse. Considering they're supposed to be the most successful victorian teams the culture in the past 20 years hasn't reflected too well on that.

Story goes while Collingwood was being formed, a supporter who had just returned from a trip to South Australia, liked the look of the South Australian inter colonial team so suggested the colours and the jumper of that SA team to be Collingwood. Logo chosen because of the magpies at Victoria Park. South Australia was a part in their decision, but not Port Adelaide who had different colours at the time. Port selected black white in 1902.

I don't like drug cheats, so the dons at the top of the list and wish dank and hird jail time. But I'll like them soon as the club fully clears the decks. Not three other clubs were just as guilty as the dons, so not fans of those either.

I dislike Eddie and piss weak Port. Port should wear teal in the AFL as that is who we are now, regardless of our history. However, we should wear what ever we want without the need to look for approval from Eddie. PBs do no look like the pies guernsey and loads of clubs share colours, with no club having a mortgage over another clubs history.

Story goes while Collingwood was being formed, a supporter who had just returned from a trip to South Australia, liked the look of the South Australian inter colonial team so suggested the colours and the jumper of that SA team to be Collingwood. Logo chosen because of the magpies at Victoria Park. South Australia was a part in their decision, but not Port Adelaide who had different colours at the time. Port selected black white in 1902.

port shifted away from expensive colour dye due to an economic downturn, resulting in the adoption of black and white.

Collingwood by the length of the straight. Odious in every way.

Can't find it in me to hate Geelong as I used to live there and most of my best mates are Cats fans. They also didn't rub it in after 2007, which was good of them as for years I'd bagged them about seeing 10 Port flags in my lifetime to their nil.

We started wearing black and white in 1902, apparently because we couldn’t source the magenta dye we were using previously.

Funnily enough though Collingwood drew inspiration from the SA state guernsey (and piping shrike emblem I presume) which was black and white vertical stripes back in 1891.

Damn, so they got that over us

Back