Most hated players of all time

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read an article of the 20 most hated players. Really surprised Hodge was number 1.

It's not that surprising, there's a lot of different teams' players with which he's gone the "unsociable" football route. Like when he tried to wrap Wingard's head around the point post; or the cheap shot elbow to Swallow when play was stopped. There's quite a few incidents behind play actually. Getting done for drink driving doesn't help.

The player I'm amazed is on the list is Cyril! Who the * doesn't like Rioli??

It's not that surprising, there's a lot of different teams' players with which he's gone the "unsociable" football route. Like when he tried to wrap Wingard's head around the point post; or the cheap shot elbow to Swallow when play was stopped. There's quite a few incidents behind play actually. Getting done for drink driving doesn't help.

The player I'm amazed is on the list is Cyril! Who the **** doesn't like Rioli??

Put it down to 'The Bruce effect'.

That's unfortunate. I dislike McAveney as a result of his inane commentary, not Cyril. One of my favorite players. Should be one of everyone's favorite players.

Commentators gushing & fawning over opposition players will tend to illicit that response....I don't mind Bruce....He & Dennis were one of the better commentary teams going around.

Just read an article of the 20 most hated players. Really surprised Hodge was number 1.

1. Hodge
2. Milne
3. Hird
4. Carey
5. Boomer
6. Crowley
7. Goddard
8. Ballantyne
9. L Thomas
10. Stevie J
11. N Stevens
12. Griffen
13. Lloyd
14. Didak
15. Wingard
16. Tippett
17. Vickery
18. Cyril
19. Dermie
20. T Hawkins
List is meaningless without Rodney grinter and David Rhys jones. G Williams should be there as well.

Last edited:
Steven Baker and harry obrien were pissed when he didn't allow them to get away with literally man rape on the football field. Made him a hero amongst most supporters. Oh wait you are a saints supporter. Explains everything.

Was referring to the fact that he's so good that defenders would hate to have to play on him. But yeah, that works too mate...

Can't say that I've ever hated any player, more than been angered or annoyed by certain actions....It takes alot for a player to get on my goat....Certainly, there have been many players who were unlikable, but that's alot different to 'hate', which is a very strong word/emotion indeed.

Selwood annoys me because of his clear ducking to milk frees....That the umpires have continually rewarded him for such antics, has been more the sticking point there....After a decade of winning the free-kick count by a country mile, you'd reckon they might have cottoned-on to him by now....Buddy angered me for the treacherous way he left our club. And by going to the mob in which he himself cost us victory on Grand Final day, only served to rub salt into the wound.

Though having won 3 in a row, it's difficult to hate or blame anyone these days.:D

Used to really dislike Dale Thomas, during collingwoods prime years he was a real show off, it's to sad to even hate him now. Fyfe for me would be the modern show off, really rates himself. no doubt he's talented but it's annoying.

Not surprised Goddard made the list, enrages people every time he opens his mouth

..... or points his finger.

No one outside south Australia cares. Most probably can't even remember who Josh Carr, Brogan and Monfries even are.

Carr is a ripping pick. Remember when he cleaned someone up and the flog Port runner was out giving him high 5s for it and carrying on?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously Dermie was the only player hated prior to 2000.

This was the worst list of anything I've ever seen (not joking).

Hindsight bias also huge - I'd say Hird would have been close to top 3 most liked players all time during his playing career (even by Carlton supporters).

1. Hodge
2. Milne
3. Hird
4. Carey
5. Boomer
6. Crowley
7. Goddard
8. Ballantyne
9. L Thomas
10. Stevie J
11. N Stevens
12. Griffen
13. Lloyd
14. Didak
15. Wingard
16. Tippett
17. Vickery
18. Cyril
19. Dermie
20. T Hawkins
That's a pretty good list. Milne, Hird, Carey, Didak for sure.

I didn't realize that the world began only 25 years ago.

"All Time" polls are ridiculous unless you consider contemporary opinions for previous eras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back