Most hated players of all time

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dream on - I couldn't stand him! He was a good footballer but didn't like his persona - he thought he was Jack s**t!! What has now happened to him couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke as the saying goes:rolleyes:

Hird did find an extra gear or two when he played West Coast if I remember correctly. I wouldnt have said he was hated like others on the list. He was a very fair player on the field, talented, and never shirked a contest.

It was the same kind of "hatred" that Carey used to cop. People hated them and jeered them because they werent on their own clubs list.

It was the same kind of "hatred" that Carey used to cop. People hated them and jeered them because they werent on their own clubs list.

People also hated Carey because he was a wasteland of a human being.

Many players have put their hand up this year. I think Toby Green has evaded the crown purely by being a jet, although doggies supporters will forever want his head on a stick for 2 acts of filth. Rhys Mathieson labelled himself as trash by averaging 7 ducks a game and a shotgun celebration all in his first 20 games. Clayton Oliver earned his rude head zero respect by being a bitch and for just having one of them punchable faces and attitudes. James Sicily the brat is in the exact same category but also cries and screams at teammates. Joel Selwood earned my long withdrawn respect this year for getting smashed enough times but I still regard that little chicken wing move to slide tackles up which the Sellwoods brought to the game the worst disease the game has ever seen
I thought that would never end. You don't sound so likeable yourself. very whiney^^

Nathan Bock not because he left Adelaide
When i was a kid the crows had a clinic and all the players would just sign stuff whenever but old mate Bocky just kept saying "i'll sign it at the signing session" Long behold he leaves at the end he just left the clinic before the signing session

I thought that would never end. You don't sound so likeable yourself. very whiney^^
You didn't see who I barrack for? It's been a long year. Nothing against those two imbeciles myself anyway. I think hateable players are something the game needs.

Tony Free & Barry Young. I called Barry Young a w***er when he was going up the race after Melboure lost to Richmond. These 2 ferrells sent two huge lugies my way. Undeserved i rekon.

Tony Free & Barry Young. I called Barry Young a ****** when he was going up the race after Melboure lost to Richmond. These 2 ferrells sent two huge lugies my way. Undeserved i rekon.

Sounds ominously like a certain Seinfeld episode to me:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is there so much hate for small forwards? It's a real thing - every side has had one or two over the years who just attracts opposition venom.

OK - Greene is a special case, but why all the others? Is it because they clean up the scraps that the Big, Noble Key Forward has created by getting smashed in a pack? Is it because they tend to be the ones who get the over-the-back, jog into an open goal that you hate so much against your team? Is it because they get those frees in front of goal, because the big, hulking defenders are desperate, and can't help smashing the poor little dears (not that they ever exaggerate contact, of course). Is it because their celebrations always look like those that bratty little kids would do? :)D).

There's been a few well-liked (Daicos, Betts), but those are because their skills are so magical you can't help but admire them. Otherwise - they're all a bunch of scheming, sneaky little rats (except the ones in my team).

Lindsay Thomas is the most hated to the point where I would say its Goodes-like.

Yes, people think he ducks for free kicks but so do a lot of other players. The most unfairly treated person in football for the last decade in my opinion.

Lindsay Thomas and Bellas from Freo hands down the maggots of the AFL. When Matthew Scarlett dropped Ballantyne in 2012, I have always thought Scarlett should have been awarded Australian of the year.

Lindsay Thomas is the most hated to the point where I would say its Goodes-like.

Yes, people think he ducks for free kicks but so do a lot of other players. The most unfairly treated person in football for the last decade in my opinion.
Some are divers and some are duckers

Unfortunately for Lindsay he is very good at both.

Some are divers and some are duckers

Unfortunately for Lindsay he is very good at both.
Thats just a shitty label people have put on him. There isn't a player in the AFL that doesn't look for a free kick. He was just much better at it than everyone else. My point is more around people calling him a spud when he's kicked 53,45,37,34 goals before this year.

Hated Judd as a player
Surprisingly really like him in the media..

Goodes was dirty.. They changed the sliding in with the knees rule because of him.. And this won't be popular but he played the victim card..

Hated Milne arrogant little pest.. Who pissed all over my day as a tigers fan more times than I can count ..

Liked Hird as a player.. Can't stand him now.. He's not big on taking responsibility for his actions..

Carey.......best player I have ever seen....wanted to hate him ...Just couldn't... Like him in the media too

Ross Lyon.. Not as a player.. Don't remember him.. But as a coach he's an insufferable knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back