Roast Most hated team in the competition?

Who is the most hated team in AFL

• Adelaide

• Brisbane

• Carlton

• Collingwood

• Essendon

• Fremantle

• Geelong

• Gold Coast

• Greater Western Sydney

• Hawthorn

• Melbourne

• North Melbourne

• Port Adelaide

• Richmond

• Saint Kilda

• Sydney

• West Coast

• Western Bulldogs

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm surprised at the lack of votes for Hawthorn given the ongoing commentary of many on this site over the past 5 years...

I suspect that this is probably due to us being a 'top 3 most hated club' for a lot of people but not their most hated.

E.g.
- Port and Adelaide supporters would vote for each other
- Essendon/Collingwood likely vote for each other
- Eagles and Dockers the same

Would be interesting to see if the result was different with a multi-vote option

I'm surprised at the lack of votes for Hawthorn given the ongoing commentary of many on this site over the past 5 years...

I suspect that this is probably due to us being a 'top 3 most hated club' for a lot of people but not their most hated.

E.g.

Would be interesting to see if the result was different with a multi-vote option

Most Eagles supporters wouldn't say that they "hate" Freo. They're the unsuccessful younger brother. So theirs rivalry and you don't want to get beaten by them, but mostly they're just sad and pitiful. Definitely some hatred/resentment going the other way though about the perceived favouritism, slights, disrespect etc.

E.g.

Can change it to a multi but would assume everyone would pick every other team thats not theirs

E.g.

We are the most envied, not the most hated. It’s a subtle difference in this case, since envy often manifests itself in irrational anger, but true hate is usually reserved for old school rivalries etc.

By the looks of it, it doesn't matter how many times this thread has been done there is still a lot of ROASTING to do 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

consecutive games, to finish the season, with the last five consisting of 7+ day turnarounds.

You obviously don't understand the benefit this has for recovery and preparation at this time of the season.

BTW - Up the Tigers!!

Nah i do, but where was the snot, tears and hysteria last Nov? And can the Tigers help it if they don’t do the fixture, have two teams in WCE and Brisbane request they want to play us at the G and we also play a mixture of. Our home games or away games with co-tennants? And whst about Collingwood having one extra game at the G? Or the fact that Essendon and Collingwood haven’t played Geelong in Geelong since the 90’s? I could go on, but hopefully you sniff what i’m scratching brother.
And yes, up the tiges.

Let's not pretend Tigers fans aren't enjoying all the attention while the going is good.

I won’t speak for others, but not really listening to SEN or watching footy talk back shows. The only one i have been watching religiously is The Front Bar. And I don’t by papers as they are trash.
So, happy to talk footy with the punters like yourself. Everything around i really don’t care.

Richmond are the most hated because they played 7 games at the G leading up to finals.

But everyone loved us up to R13 when we were pretty busted up and had dropped 3 in a row and some were hoping we would miss finals.
Lifes too short to waste on hate. Win or lose i’m proud of the club.

The Collingwood MaGuires
The Adelaide Texans
The Port Adelaide Cornes
The West Coast "Wesley Meth" Eagles
The Essendon Sponsored by the club to performance enhancing Bombers
The Fremantle " We don't have a West Coast Complex" Dockers

Do the media count as a team? If so them.

Specifically the media surrounding hawthorn. They can do no wrong. And when they do wrong/poorly its for a divine/genius purpose. Bow down before Alistair Clarkson, his coaching apprentices, and the healing hands of their medical team.

Back