Social Science Most horrific thing you've seen

Remove this Banner Ad

That was so close to happening to me once. I was driving along doing 60 along a main road when I just caught the slightest glimpse of a tiny blonde head over the parked cars, stood on the brakes and stopped mere inches from a 3-4 year old girl. I shudder to think what would've happened if she was an inch shorter, or if there was any tiny subtle distraction anywhere else on the road at that moment, because I needed every wit about me to prevent a tragedy

Some horrific stuff here. I've seen videos online but nothing involving death happening in real life, although I've seen a few covered bodies beside the road in NZ.

I dread seeing a gory accident, mainly because I won't be able to stop myself looking even though I'll feel sick from it.

Life can be ****ed. If you're lucky enough to have good times then soak them up because it's what matters and you owe it to the people who don't have anything but terror and pain.

Im only going off memory here but each square is a different shade of blue I believe. As to what it symbolises i can't recall at the moment, but ill post if i remember.

Yeah definitely go and see it. its been very well made. completley respectful.

they have time lines on walls, all different tv broadcasts of the even, a lot of the backstory and how it was plotted, its very informative.

there is also a room with a few seats in it, and they have audio and visual playing on every one of the victims. family members speaking about them, what they were like as people etc. its very moving. tough to stay in there for any longer than 5-10 minutes as it gets a bit too much to be honest.
Each shade of blue is, from memory, what each survivor thought the colour of the sky was that day.

Got back from the states not too long ago. The 9/11 memorial is very humbling.

Was this recently?

Always wondered the mindset or stories behind people who accidentally end up dead thanks to a train hitting them. What the hell are they trying to do?
Nah about 8 years ago. I was in my car at the boom gates and an old guy tried to cross the tracks before the train came through. Knocked him a few metres through the air then bundled along under the carriage for a bit then disappeared from my sight.

When I was about 13 a woman that lived on my street accidentally ran over her young daughter when she was backing out of her driveway. I didn't see it happen but I heard all the screaming and commotion from my place. I went outside and saw the kid's body from about 30-40 metres away but was too freaked out to get any closer. Really shook me up and I still think about it often

Never seen anything majorly horrific.

Only thing was a major traffic accident in the country. Vehicles, cargo and everything else was just a destroyed wreck. No survivors there. Couldn't get how people slowed down to look. Just horrible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah about 8 years ago. I was in my car at the boom gates and an old guy tried to cross the tracks before the train came through. Knocked him a few metres through the air then bundled along under the carriage for a bit then disappeared from my sight.

If he was really old he might have done it on purpose.

Found a Contract Gardener passed out in a park near my house whilst walking my dog in Feb this year on a Monday morning whilst recovering from a back injury, was obviously dead for numerous hours due to his skin colour, but I still tried to revive him but to no avail.

Was strange to morn over a stranger I've never meet.

Last edited:
Way too many things to mention.:( Which is why I couldn't stay in the E.D. for long.

Some bad s**t I should not have clicked on.. The crazy Russian dudes, 3 guys and a hammer or something like that. 2 girls 1 cup will haunt me for the rest of my days. I saw an old guy get hit by a train once, I was totally scared to ride the train or cross the tracks for a good 3 weeks after.

3 g 1 h has scarred me for life

3 g 1 h has scarred me for life

3 guys 1 hammer definitely one of the most ****ed up things I've ever seen.

Also the full "Unknown Russian Soldiers" video from the Chechen War was horrific and terrifying. Watching hardened Russian soldiers beg and scream out for their mothers while they're being dismembered alive. Seriously, war is ****ed.

3 guys 1 hammer definitely one of the most stuffed up things I've ever seen.

Also the full "Unknown Russian Soldiers" video from the Chechen War was horrific and terrifying. Watching hardened Russian soldiers beg and scream out for their mothers while they're being dismembered alive. Seriously, war is stuffed.
Way to dig up repressed memories.

3 guys 1 hammer definitely one of the most stuffed up things I've ever seen.

Also the full "Unknown Russian Soldiers" video from the Chechen War was horrific and terrifying. Watching hardened Russian soldiers beg and scream out for their mothers while they're being dismembered alive. Seriously, war is stuffed.

AFAIK those were not hardened russian soldiers, but 18/19 year olds who had been forced into defending their towns/villages. the saddest part was when they started chopping off their heads, one of the managed to slip them and run away, and rather than gun him down they chased him and dragged him back to face the same fate as his friends. very sad.

but yes 3guys1hammer was one of the most brutal things I've seen.

some of those ISIS execution videos as well, the production value is insane given the content. saw one recently where two guys had their heads blown off with shotguns, and you could see in slow-motion and high-def their faces cave in and their skull collapse as brains just went everywhere. Also the one where the blokes are put in a cage and drowned was quite disturbing.

Bedside thorocotomy for a traumatic ventricular wall rupture. Horrific for the futility and the blood spray.
Peeling the melted uniform off a fireman's genitals and trying to put a catheter in a swollen, wet, slippery heap of flesh.
Sitting in on an obstetric consult where a young family was being told they need to go against their religious beliefs and abort their baby.
Reductions on a woman who had just seen her child's head smash through her front window going 100km/hr on a country road.
My parents having sex.
Some of the more disturbing things I can't say here because no doubt someone from work will recognise me from the described experiences.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back