Docker Gun

Bottom of the top.
Jan 8, 2020
Joondalup
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers, West Perth
These are Freo's most important games in 2020 (Just My Opinion)

Rnd1 Essendon v Fremantle Marvel Because they'll wan't to start of good with Longmuir and the season.
Rnd2 Fremantle v Hawthorn @Optus Because this is the first game against a big Vic club.
Rnd6 Fremantle v Geelong @Optus Because if we win these sort of games it will boost the club On and Off ground.
Rnd7 West Coast v Fremantle @Optus Because it is a WC home game and it will be an intriguing game, judging we get of to a good start.
Rnd14 Fremantle v Carlton @Optus Because Big Vic club games at Optus boost the club.
Rnd16 Fremantle v Melbourne @Optus Because not only it being a big Vic team there are also an unpredictable and hard to predict team.
Rnd18 Fremantle v West Coast @Optus Because being beaten by 91 points at a home game is just despicable plus some might say time to get back Kelly.
Rnd19 Fremantle v Collingwood @Optus Because it is morally and financially boosting beating big Vic clubs at home.
Rnd21 Fremantle v St Kilda @Optus Because it will be interesting to see what reception Brad gets coming back here.
Rnd23 Fremantle v Richmond @Optus Because versing a Big Vic Club in the last round will be interesting plus it will be @ Optus and if we do extremely well it could be on a Friday Night.

Note: This is basically the same thread as my Purple Horde vs.1
I am open to suggestions, so please comment any more big games. :freo: v :australia: = ? :think:

Finals (touch wood)

Yeah hopefully the most important regular season game will be round 23 because we will be up to our chevrons fighting for our finals spot.

Last edited:

These are Freo's most important games in 2020 (Just My Opinion)

Rnd1 Essendon v Fremantle Marvel Because they'll wan't to start of good with Longmuir and the season.
Rnd2 Fremantle v Hawthorn @Optus Because this is the first game against a big Vic club.
Rnd6 Fremantle v Geelong @Optus Because if we win these sort of games it will boost the club On and Off ground.
Rnd7 West Coast v Fremantle @Optus Because it is a WC home game and it will be an intriguing game, judging we get of to a good start.
Rnd14 Fremantle v Carlton @Optus Because Big Vic club games at Optus boost the club.
Rnd16 Fremantle v Melbourne @Optus Because not only it being a big Vic team there are also an unpredictable and hard to predict team.
Rnd18 Fremantle v West Coast @Optus Because being beaten by 91 points at a home game is just despicable plus some might say time to get back Kelly.
Rnd19 Fremantle v Collingwood @Optus Because it is morally and financially boosting beating big Vic clubs at home.
Rnd21 Fremantle v St Kilda @Optus Because it will be interesting to see what reception Brad gets coming back here.
Rnd23 Fremantle v Richmond @Optus Because versing a Big Vic Club in the last round will be interesting plus it will be @ Optus and if we do extremely well it could be on a Friday Night.

Note: This is basically the same thread as my Purple Horde vs.1
I am open to suggestions, so please comment any more big games. :freo: v :australia: = ? :think:
I feel like you have too many home games for example i would move your Melbourne at Optus to Melbourne at the MCG round 3, and wins against GWS away and Saint kilda Away i think would be bigger than some of those home games.

Most important games will be the teams around our own level. If you subscribe to the Squiggle model that's some combination of Port, Brisbane, GWS, West Coast, North and the Saints (7-12 respectively.) If not take your pick.

I think we'll be in the middle six, so we need to be better then those teams to make finals.

For me it’s about double figure wins & one against WC.

Easiest draw apparently this year, 10+ has to happen.

Easiest draw apparently this year, 10+ has to happen.

I'm not convinced.

From my understanding that's based around the idea that the teams we face will be performing the same as last year, so double-ups against 3 bottom 3 sides, one middle 6 and one top 6.

Bulldogs should improve again; I honestly think they'll be top 4 rather then middle 6. Melbourne don't have an excuse to be as crap this year as they were last year; they should still have the makings of a really good team. St Kilda should also be substantially better with a new coach, Brad Hill and the like. Most people think West Coast will be top 4 or 6. So there's a good possibility we have double-ups against 4 really good teams, rather then just one.

It will be the games we are expected to win.

The scrubbers and the wounded - Carlton, Gold Coast, St Kilda, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Adelaide - the ones we should beat but somehow have managed to find a way to lose to. I don't care about beating Collingwood and GWS if we are going to get beaten by Carlton and Gold Coast.

Consistently beating the scrubbers and winning at home regardless. That's the model - they're the important games.

West Coast in their flag years have tended to win >90% of home games, snag a couple away and ride confidence into the finals.

Cuddles Connolly had all sorts of things wrong with him but he had the basic sense to say out loud that Subi needed to be a cauldron of fear. If we don't devise a core game plan centred around winning at Perth Stadium, then we're dumb and deserve to lose.

Our draw is never easy when we play Wet toast at Optus twice.
No other club has to do it, and they would all expect losses.
So it ain't easy, until its easy

Our draw is never easy when we play Wet toast at Optus twice.
No other club has to do it, and they would all expect losses.
So it ain't easy, until its easy
It wasn’t a disadvantage when we were a decent team. No excuses really. If they are beating us, then we have just been given a lesson in where we can improve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You seem a little obsessed with games against big Victorian clubs. I’m more in agreement with PurpleThunder; clubs around our ranking. We also need to build the home fortress, and learn to travel.

I agree with you, but the AFL look towards those clubs for Thursday & and Friday night games so if we want prime time games, we beat them.

I agree with you, but the AFL look towards those clubs for Thursday & and Friday night games so if we want prime time games, we beat them.
Oh, I misread your thread title. Thought you meant most important games. Didn’t realise Thursday and Friday night tv ratings were part of the criteria.

Seriously though, the most important Victorian games are any played at the MCG.

I feel like you have too many home games for example i would move your Melbourne at Optus to Melbourne at the MCG round 3, and wins against GWS away and Saint kilda Away i think would be bigger than some of those home games.

Rnd3 Melbourne v Fremantle @The MCG Because this is our one and only game @ The G ,so we have got to win it.
Rnd10 St Kilda v Fremantle Marvel Because not only are they a team around our level this is the time to show brad Freo is better than any old and dusty Melb team.
Rnd22 GWS v Fremantle @Manuka Because GWS should be around our level in the league.

Note: Any Team can Upset and you should not be surprised when they do. (Something like what Clarko said.)
+: Having Collingwood and Co. and home will boost the club.
Remember this just my opinion.

CapitalA this is more like your one. Right?:grimacing:

Last edited:
theGav56
My earlier reply should also fit you.
:jeans: :) #:time1230::freo:
In the end I see the season differently to you. We have a new coaching regime with no established game plan. We have three top end rookies as well as a couple of yet to debut high draft picks. We have a forward line with a shocking injury history, plus some other key players under injury clouds. We have two experienced players traded in, but lack clarity about where they fit for us.

That is just some of the on field stuff. Off field has had an upheaval too.

I think we are in for a rocky season. We ooze potential for success and failure at both ends of the spectrum. The measure of the season needs to be about the evolution of a credible game plan, and that won’t come down to individual games. The problem with focusing too hard on individual games is that they are diversions from more important goals.

My measures would include the emergence of the midfield recruits into realistic contributors, especially the likes of Brayshaw, Cerra, Serong and Valente in the engine room, and Henry and Sturt on the wings. It would also include the solidifying of a dangerous forward line with some certainty about it’s structure and make up.

Rd23. Because because we need to show the the competion that 22 H&A wins are possible. And that we play to destroy even in dead rubber games. So we need to make it a 100+ win.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back