Remove this Banner Ad

Samiam_98

One Club Playa
Aug 27, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Here's a list of the games we have after the bye.

Round 14 v St Kilda (Marvel)
Round 15 v Melbourne (Gabba)
Round 16 v GWS (GIA)
Round 17 v Port Adelaide (Adelaide Oval)
Round 18 v North Melbourne (Gabba)
Round 19 v Hawthorn (Tasmania)
Round 20 v Bulldogs (Gabba)
Round 21 v Gold Coast (Gabba)
Round 22 v Geelong (Gabba)
Round 23 v Richmond (MCG)

If you could only choose 1 game that we win for the rest of the season, which game and why?

Note: This isn't a prediction, you can pick any round you want us to win.

All the games are a threat no team truely terrible every week. Blues almost beat a couple of teams so no suprise they clicked for us.

I say Cats is the game we probably win as we shouldn't.

Richmond at the G. Regardless of ours and their position on the ladder, we need both a) a statement win and b) a win at the G at some point.
Would also end another decade long drought.

If we want to play finals we'd need to win probably six of those. I can pick out an obvious six so I'll rank the 7th as the most important to cover an inevitable fade out during one of those six - Richmond.

Been thinking about the miracle on grass since yesterday so would love to win against the cats in Geelong, and watch their post mortem thread. Would balance out all our losses over the past year or two for me.

You did say not predictive.
As unlikely as it sounds, I actually think we can beat Geelong at our best.

Been thinking about the miracle on grass since yesterday so would love to win against the cats in Geelong, and watch their post mortem thread. Would balance out all our losses over the past year or two for me.

You did say not predictive.
I say out of all of them all I am more confident we have a chance against the Cats.. They might have some injury niggles and be a top 2 lock.
So more likely Ablett or Danger get a rest for the travel, they play a couple of players on the cusp , they have the blues the last round as well to rest before finals.
We also do not win games everyone thinks we will win :)

I say out of all of them all I am more confident we have a chance against the Cats.. They might have some injury niggles and be a top 2 lock.
So more likely Ablett or Danger get a rest for the travel, they play a couple of players on the cusp , they have the blues the last round as well to rest before finals.
We also do not win games everyone thinks we will win :)
It's our last game at the Gabba this season, we've always been motivated to finish the season strong at home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All of thoss games winnable if wr are any good. Cats, GWS, Tigers tough.. if we are serious about playing finals we need to pick off Port at home. If not, we arn't ready and we settle for a much improved season and look to next year.

I've gone the Cats game. If we're in a position to make finals come the Geelong game and we win, I can see that being the momentum belief game that could set us on a path for 5th/6th. Of course, we lose and it could be 7th-10th. Of course beating GWS would be insane. I'll be at that game and have never seen Brisbane lose in Sydney (AFLX ;) ) so who knows!

All of thoss games winnable if wr are any good. Cats, GWS, Tigers tough.. if we are serious about playing finals we need to pick off Port at home. If not, we arn't ready and we settle for a much improved season and look to next year.

If we beat the Cats, Giants and Tigers I'd be Tipping us for the flag. Lol

If we beat the Cats, Giants and Tigers I'd be Tipping us for the flag. Lol

Winnable. Not tipping us. GWS is tough. Cats at home, anything can happen at the Gabba on our day. Tigers are currently looking off, who knows where they are by then.

Can we please not name a game, because this season when we have been in a position to consolidate a place in the Eight, or when the game has been an important one for the profile of the club (Collingwood game or Bulldog Murray game) we seem to let ourselves down. Where we go from here really is up to the coaching staff and the decisions they make at selection and what they are willing to tolerate on the field. Surely after the humiliation of the Carlton game, players will be explicitly instructed not to work it out of defence with a series of short passes down the line, before roosting it to a pack on the wing, turning it over and then allowing our opponents to switch it inboard before sending it back inside our defensive 50 and more often than not, scoring. Fagan will need to select running players who provide an alternative to the stagnant down the line football we play when under pressure. This approach has cost us the Essendon game, Footscray game, Fremantle match, the game against Carlton and nearly cost us the Port Adelaide game. St.Kilda will murder us if we try that rubbish out on them.

Last edited:
Here's a list of the games we have after the bye.

Round 14 v St Kilda (Marvel)
Round 15 v Melbourne (Gabba)
Round 16 v GWS (GIA)
Round 17 v Port Adelaide (Adelaide Oval)
Round 18 v North Melbourne (Gabba)
Round 19 v Hawthorn (Tasmania)
Round 20 v Bulldogs (Gabba)
Round 21 v Gold Coast (Gabba)
Round 22 v Geelong (Gabba)
Round 23 v Richmond (MCG)

If you could only choose 1 game that we win for the rest of the season, which game and why?

Note: This isn't a prediction, you can pick any round you want us to win.

This is what we have left, amazing how one loss can start to make you doubt we will win enough to play finals

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we want to play finals we'd need to win probably six of those. I can pick out an obvious six so I'll rank the 7th as the most important to cover an inevitable fade out during one of those six - Richmond.

Gee I’m struggling to find 6 we win, at the moment to have us on 5 wins from that list. Means 12 for the year and probably missing finals

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am with you 3-6 tops. We won the first 3. Then been 4-5 since.
We got over run in 3 losses Dogs, Blues and Freo after looking like we had the game in the bag. Even the Crows game if they had another minute game time they where running over us.
So we lost 3 we should of won and won one we tried our best to loose.
Only Pies and Dons killed us. You could look at this a postitive we lost games we should of won.
Teams have looked at us since the first 3 games it get harder from here to end of season.
So unless we can work on a Plan B we could end up winning only a couple from here to end of season.
If we clean things up we win 6-8..
Although looking to 2020 more then a gen premiership team in 2019 unless we lucky

At the start of the season looking at the draw a fair portion of our board including me were worried we might go into the Q clash at 0-5, and it was thought that over the 2nd half of the season our draw would open up the possibilities of more wins.

As it stands now it's looking like we'll be winning less games in the 2nd half of the season than the 1st.

Back