Analysis Most improved Crows player 2017

biggest improver in 2017?

• Atkins - hair has looked more yellow, good linkman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Laird - gets plenty of the ball, tough little nugget

• Sloane - looks a gun (when not being tagged)

• Someone else - please comment below and I can add them to the poll

• Don't know, don't care, just want to see them keep winning!

• Mackay - elite in snapshot goals?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I voted Kelly. M.Crouch has been upward trajectory for a while now and Thor was very close but for Kelly who I thought was fighting to not be delisted has done extremely well. Massive year for him.

Kelly easily.

Hugh was already pretty impressive, more a case of when than if he was going to get the opportunity at the highest level.

Kelly has been playing far better than just about anyone could possibly have imagined 12 months ago.

Difficult to vote since I'm not really sure what "most improved" means in the context of players who had never played a game before. I mean, Greenwood going from not playing a match to being a dominant clearance midfielder is obviously a massive improvement, but how does it compare to Matt Crouch going from a wayward accumulator to elite midfielder? Or Jake Kelly going from depth at best to one of our most reliable players.

This is my roundabout way of saying I hedged my bets and chose three players :p

Can't fault your reasoning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Difficult to vote since I'm not really sure what "most improved" means in the context of players who had never played a game before. I mean, Greenwood going from not playing a match to being a dominant clearance midfielder is obviously a massive improvement, but how does it compare to Matt Crouch going from a wayward accumulator to elite midfielder? Or Jake Kelly going from depth at best to one of our most reliable players.

This is my roundabout way of saying I hedged my bets and chose three players :p
I'm in similar line of thought, as 3 of the players you mentioned are all great improvers this year, and reflected by the poll votes. I've had some further deep thoughts on this topic, and here's some additional thoughts:
- most improved player = who has wowed me the most to make me go, "where did that come from?" = Jake Kelly and Greenwood
- most improved player = person who has become from a good contributor (last year) into an elite player of the game = Matt Crouch

But if you're talking about the technical difficulties between a "newbie" into regular member of the Seniors, as opposed to regular member of the Seniors into elite player of the AFL....then I think Matt Crouch has the gong.

Kelly for mine. Won't count HG until next year. Matt is on an upward trajectory he was already on last year.
Interesting thing about Jake K is that he'd still be running round in the twos and in danger of delisting if Cheney had been fit all year. Kyle's an okay footballer, but I reckon Jake is better and still has a lot of upside.

M Crouch - now one of the best inside midfielders who is super consistent.

Kelly - Injury has given opportunity & has worked on improving his ball use to go with his defensive game.

Greenwood - developed quickly from a category B sanfl player to that taller midfielder we were craving for after Hampton's injury.

It might be going against the tide, but I thought of adding Mackay to this list. Less cries of "burn Mackay" now than in the start of this year, which perhaps mean he is improving?
In all seriousness, I think Mackay has been underrated regarding his snapshots for goal, particularly snapshots around his body. This year, his snapshots has been Eddie Betts-like. I don't remember him being this good doing snapshots in any other year.

Jake Kelly by far didn't even get a look in last year
Matt Crouch just taking it to new levels
Harrison Wigg looks strong in the magoos

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I chose Greenwood, purely as he has come from obscurity to become a top 30 mid in the comp.

But Matt and Jake Kelly have both been massive improvers also.

I'd say Jake Kelly. He was basically on the delist pile at the start of the season.

Matt Crouch has been great too but he was already a pretty decent player.

Back