Prediction Most improved player - 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Ryan Gosling our number 21

He's a smokey to go up levels, great runner we know, might be the surprise?

IMG_0932.JPG

Darcy Moore for me. That first half vs the Eagles was a taste of what's to come. He'll take that next step required next year to put him in that top tier KPF bracket, and it will benefit White and Cox too.

Crocker. Forward depth is thin on the ground, the coaching group love him and he's putting in away from the club (training wirh Pendles and Greenwood away from the club).

Definitely see a lot of scope for development with Crocker. With Elliott on the cusp of returning alongside Fas, and with us needing to squeeze some value from Mayne, I have wondered whether he might be given less opportunity in 2017.

I like him. Good to hear that he's getting the best out of himself.

Definitely see a lot of scope for development with Crocker. With Elliott on the cusp of returning alongside Fas, and with us needing to squeeze some value from Mayne, I have wondered whether he might be given less opportunity in 2017.

I like him. Good to hear that he's getting the best out of himself.

Its probably the one issue confronting him in 2017, but I think we'll structure up with Fas, Elliott, Mayne and a mid in the forward 6 which leaves a bench rotation.

I think the club will start the season with Greenwood as that bench rotation ahead of Crocker, Broomhead and Blair, but there will be injuries and if Greenwood carries his 2016 form through there'll be opportunities.

Crocker. Forward depth is thin on the ground, the coaching group love him and he's putting in away from the club (training wirh Pendles and Greenwood away from the club).
Sco good candidate.
I forgot about him.
He could certainly go up levels, say even nice levels.

Be nice compliment to Elliot, Fasolo etc maybe even an addition.

You'd think one or both of Elliot and Fasolo might be injured etc.

Crocker might just be the one

Yep agreed, I'm a big fan of Crocker, had a decent first year and a really impressive game against the Hawks. I think he'll earn a fair few games this year.

Good to hear that Barry is training with Pendles and Greenwood. To me that sounds like he's going to be looking at trying to get a spot on the wing or maybe even a midfield rotation in the future. Has a nice bag of tricks, so I think that really benefits him if he can build up his tank nicely.

Yep agreed, I'm a big fan of Crocker, had a decent first year and a really impressive game against the Hawks. I think he'll earn a fair few games this year.

In truth I don't rate him (not yet anyway) I'm just a big believer in following the views of the coaching staff and Pendles.

The coaching group picked him when he wasn't ready ala Ramsay, Maynard and Moore and even though none of those selections were particularly successful early on it showed that they'll receive opportunities which is all a kid really needs to improve. Pendles rarely gets it wrong when getting around kids so I'm taking that as a bit of a sign as well.

My great hope is that the coaching group get around Broomhead this year. IMO, he has it he just needs to feel the love a bit more and we'll see him come on. The other two that I hope to see big strides from in 2017 are Smith and Langdon. Both are solid, but need big improvement in certain areas in order to take the next step. Unfortunately I have my doubts because they've both had that exposure, but at 23 I'm not sure whether it'll all come together for them. I hope to be wrong though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In terms of improvement upon last year's form, De Goey would be the logical choice.

Pendlebury in second. Pendles playing injury free with Wells and Treloar to take the attention away has Brownlow potential written all over it.

Darcy Moore for me. That first half vs the Eagles was a taste of what's to come. He'll take that next step required next year to put him in that top tier KPF bracket, and it will benefit White and Cox too.

While I agree Moore will improve, I don't think you can use the Weagles game as an example. They allowed him way too much freedom and space, doubt he'll be afforded that luxury too often going forward. So I think the improvement will come from better contested play, another preseason, better core strength.

My great hope is that the coaching group get around Broomhead this year. IMO, he has it he just needs to feel the love a bit more and we'll see him come on.
Yep, agree with this. Broomhead's just had a terrible run with illness (glandular fever) and injuries, and I hope that doesn't cruel his entire career in the end. I think Bucks and the coaches like him, but without a good solid run of fitness, development and also confidence to earn him a lengthy spot in the seniors, he might just be one of many AFL "bad-luck" stories.

The problem is that Crocker is useless on the ground - even worse than Fasolo and Elliot imo. There are only so many undersized marking forwards you can take into a match and he is the worst of them on our list.

Broomhead, Scharenberg and Aish are the obvious underachievers. They should all be top 10 players on our list imo. Also Maynard was pretty good last season but he showed glimpses of being awesome.

I really loved the balance of the side when Phillips, Wills and Crocker came into the team. Gave it some real lift and vitality.

In truth I don't rate him (not yet anyway) I'm just a big believer in following the views of the coaching staff and Pendles.

The coaching group picked him when he wasn't ready ala Ramsay, Maynard and Moore and even though none of those selections were particularly successful early on it showed that they'll receive opportunities which is all a kid really needs to improve. Pendles rarely gets it wrong when getting around kids so I'm taking that as a bit of a sign as well.

My great hope is that the coaching group get around Broomhead this year. IMO, he has it he just needs to feel the love a bit more and we'll see him come on. The other two that I hope to see big strides from in 2017 are Smith and Langdon. Both are solid, but need big improvement in certain areas in order to take the next step. Unfortunately I have my doubts because they've both had that exposure, but at 23 I'm not sure whether it'll all come together for them. I hope to be wrong though!
Langdon? o_O:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Broomhead, Scharenberg and Aish are the obvious underachievers. They should all be top 10 players on our list imo. Also Maynard was pretty good last season but he showed glimpses of being awesome.

Broomhead and Scharanberg have been Injured so that makes it hard and Aish start bad but Finished very Strong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back