Prediction Most improved player - 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

What we need is elite talent and I think 2 small medium forwards have a possibility to do that if they stay fit. As such Faz and Elliot have the ability to be the improver that make the big difference to us in 2017. Grundy would be the other.

The likes of Wills, Crocker, Broomy, Shaz etc if they step up can become best 22 players but probably not the scope to be much more than that. That won't make much difference to the 22. We need elite class.

you having a laugh? Grundy followed by Faz followed by Howe

I reckon it'll be DeGoey this year
Grundy was good but he was good before it. Fasolo was ok but still needs to improve. Howe was better at Melbourne and Degoey or Deslowy is slower than nearly any player I've seen. Not sure he will improve.

Elliott will remind us all just how much weve missed him he will be like a new recruit.The other lad i think will suprise us is the guy who came 5th in the brownlow,2nd in the copeland,all of which was achieved without a preseason yes Treloar with a full preseason could push pendles aside as our top player and again push for a brownlow.

What we need is elite talent and I think 2 small medium forwards have a possibility to do that if they stay fit. As such Faz and Elliot have the ability to be the improver that make the big difference to us in 2017. Grundy would be the other.

The likes of Wills, Crocker, Broomy, Shaz etc if they step up can become best 22 players but probably not the scope to be much more than that. That won't make much difference to the 22. We need elite class.
Singing my tune.

Elite elite elite

That is the ticket to ride *

* shameful pilfering of The Beatles notwithstanding

Elliott will remind us all just how much weve missed him he will be like a new recruit.The other lad i think will suprise us is the guy who came 5th in the brownlow,2nd in the copeland,all of which was achieved without a preseason yes Treloar with a full preseason could push pendles aside as our top player and again push for a brownlow.

Though Elliot will take some time to get going after Missing a Year of Footy

Though Elliot will take some time to get going after Missing a Year of Footy
Maybe TD but im tipping he will be ready come round one from all reports and pics he is in great shape.I see him as a vital player if we are to make finals

Tom Langdon.....will go from complete boiled spud, to just crap, which will be a massive improvement, making him technically the most improved in my totally unqualified Internet forum based opinion without having seen a minute of training whilst I type this from pool side in Vanuatu bored whilst my kids swims all day :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Langdon.....will go from complete boiled spud, to just crap, which will be a massive improvement, making him technically the most improved in my totally unqualified Internet forum based opinion without having seen a minute of training whilst I type this from pool side in Vanuatu bored whilst my kids swims all day :)
I actually quite like Langdon's potential. Haven't heard a word about him this preseason. Is he injured or does he just not get a mention because most also consider him to be chip fodder.

I actually quite like Langdon's potential. Haven't heard a word about him this preseason. Is he injured or does he just not get a mention because most also consider him to be chip fodder.

In the rehab group.

I don't rate Crocker.. I simply can't see him kicking enough goals at any point in his career.. a forwards major responsibility is to hit the scoreboard.. everything else is secondary to that.. i simply don't understand how on earth a player can make it into any side particularly in the forward line to apply pressure and nab the odd goal.. f that I say.. looking forward to the day where every single forward player in our line up is potent around goals.. I'm sick of these White Blair Crocker types.

I don't rate Crocker.. I simply can't see him kicking enough goals at any point in his career.. a forwards major responsibility is to hit the scoreboard.. everything else is secondary to that.. i simply don't understand how on earth a player can make it into any side particularly in the forward line to apply pressure and nab the odd goal.. f that I say.. looking forward to the day where every single forward player in our line up is potent around goals.. I'm sick of these White Blair Crocker types.
Not every forward needs to kick a lot of goals or be potent. In their recent run of 3 flags Hawks had 2 players who were not potent forwards but permanent members of the team. David Hale had 5 seasons at Hawthorn and the best he managed in any season was 1.0 goals per game. Paul Puopolo until the last 2 seasons has been mainly a player who kicked less than a goal per game despite being a permanent forward. Their value to the team came from other roles they performed rather than being potent goalkickers.

The task of the Blairs and Crocker is to fill their role playing in a team effectively while Moore, Fas and Elliott do the big goal kicking

Not every forward needs to kick a lot of goals or be potent. In their recent run of 3 flags Hawks had 2 players who were not potent forwards but permanent members of the team. David Hale had 5 seasons at Hawthorn and the best he managed in any season was 1.0 goals per game. Paul Puopolo until the last 2 seasons has been mainly a player who kicked less than a goal per game despite being a permanent forward. Their value to the team came from other roles they performed rather than being potent goalkickers.

The task of the Blairs and Crocker is to fill their role playing in a team effectively while Moore, Fas and Elliott do the big goal kicking

I agree with your argument but I'm still not completely sold on Crocker. Think he might struggle for opportunity in 2017 behind Fas, Elliott, WHE, Mayne and potentially even Broomy.

I'm sorry but I'm not necessarily an advocate of what made other clubs a success when I'm all about raising the bar to a riduculous level.. and that means i want all 6 of our forwards being dangerous. And Hale.. well how much time did he spend down there.. c'mon! And Pops.. well that's only the one who was a sh.it kicker around goals in 6.

I'm hoping it will be Aish. He's had a year at the club, he's fit and he's got the ability to be very, very good. He's never going to be a behemoth like Kennedy or Cripps but he's a savvy footballer with quality disposal.

I hope that he becomes an automatic selection and that his name is regularly amongst the best players.

I'm hoping it will be Aish. He's had a year at the club, he's fit and he's got the ability to be very, very good. He's never going to be a behemoth like Kennedy or Cripps but he's a savvy footballer with quality disposal.

I hope that he becomes an automatic selection and that his name is regularly amongst the best players.
He's one of our most gifted players.. i would actually instruct Aish to get out in the open a lot more forward of centre.. and let his kicking into the forward line do the damage. We are not short of really quality uses of the ball.. Buckley doesn't seem to know what to do with em.

I'm sorry but I'm not necessarily an advocate of what made other clubs a success when I'm all about raising the bar to a riduculous level.. and that means i want all 6 of our forwards being dangerous. And Hale.. well how much time did he spend down there.. c'mon! And Pops.. well that's only the one who was a sh.it kicker around goals in 6.
On that basis I want 21 other players with Pendlebury level abilities

He's one of our most gifted players.. i would actually instruct Aish to get out in the open a lot more forward of centre.. and let his kicking into the forward line do the damage. We are not short of really quality uses of the ball.. Buckley doesn't seem to know what to do with em.

I tend to agree. Use that creativity and those footskills when bringing the ball into the forward 50.

On that basis I want 21 other players with Pendlebury level abilities
But you're looking at Puopulo in a group of 6.. i mean in the day it was roughead franklin breust gunston rioli.. that's major damage control.. cause of score board pressure from all of em.. we need that combination plus more.. and no.. we don't need 21 Pendleburys.. nor did the hawks need 6 franklins.

All I'm saying is.. employ blokes who kick goals.. not pi..ss fart around like white Mayne blair.. employ dangerous forward players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back