Most Improved Player

Who is your most improved player

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Mitch Honeychurch. I don't think I've seen anybody improve as rapidly as he did after qtr time last week. It was quite freakish.

2. Mclean. His rise this season from ducking opportunist around goal to a vital cog in our mid-field as been a complete surprise.

3. Zaine. See Ryan Hargrave.

4. Dale. Developing nicely into that hard running wingman that we have been crying out for since the recruitment of Jack Macrae all those years ago.

The class of '14 has a fair bit of the class of '99 about it.

Nice.

8a528b43c9a091c97d0c170f03844d4c

So that's what Declan Hamilton looks like...

Toby McLean. Hope he hits the gym a bit more regularly and also can tan a bit more, and then he will be a great player for us.

Toby McLean. Hope he hits the gym a bit more regularly and also can tan a bit more, and then he will be a great player for us.

i doubt Toby is ever going to be a beefcake Tom. He's a wiry bugger tho. I'm sure he goes to gym as regularly as all the players. And ummm. How will a suntan help his footy ?

McLean easy for me. Stepping up into midfield against other guns and playing well outweighs everything else imo.
Cordy next then Bailey.

Bailey Dale has come on in leaps and bounds. He's breaking tackles and dangerous around goals. Think he'll become a great player over time.

Maclean I kind of already had in the future gun bracket prior to this year.

Bailey Dale = Isaac Smith. Brilliant comparison.

I hope he can go on and become a star. It's going to be a problem hanging on to all these players, but it's better than paying a bunch of spuds 95% anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kermit and I sat with BD at the player sponsor night. At one point I said to BD, this is now your time to start stepping up and make your mark in this team, take the opportunity.

Glad to see he's certainly doing that

Kermit and I sat with BD at the player sponsor night. At one point I said to BD, this is now your time to start stepping up and make your mark in this team, take the opportunity.

Shame someone at a dinner didn't tell him to be a super sweet player earlier...

Kermit and I sat with BD at the player sponsor night. At one point I said to BD, this is now your time to start steppi up and make your mark in this team, take the opportunity.

Well since that night, he has come on a great deal so credit where it's due Mike- good work :wink:

Well since that night, he has come on a great deal so credit where it's due Mike- good work :wink:

haha

Yes I'll take the credit

he always had the ability to play at AFL level, back in 2015 he played a few nice games and has really come in leaps and bounds

McLean has gone to the next level, but his potential has always been there & long may he continue to improve.

Cordy's development has been fast tracked & he is already looking quite comfortable as a 2nd/3rd defender, Young's comments about his leadership support that.

Bailey Dale though especially over the last month certainly has him in the picture & a strong finish to the season will be a clear winner. He also showed the signs of what he could be, but needed to grow into ha body more which is happening. At the moment, he's also finding his feet a lot better at AFL level when earlier on he just couldn't work himself into the game.

Remember heading to the rooms after a win in 2015 and chatting to an ecstatic older fellow who said everyone played brilliantly. I pointed out Bailey Dale hadn't played that well. Turns out this bloke was a family member waiting for Dale ffs.

Anyway he's most improved, probably because Cordy and McLean had already done some damage in finals. Thrilled for him.

Hope we make the eight but if we don't the development of these four or five young guys getting a go now will be what sets us up for another charge.

Good job Mike. Although you missed a trick not telling him to become the best player of all time!

My boy Dale is going to cruise past them all, your are looking at a Brad Johnson MkII.

You'll see.

Back