Most Improved Player

Who is your most improved player

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

My boy Dale is going to cruise past them all, your are looking at a Brad Johnson MkII.

You'll see.

He's got a lot more silk than Jonno - could he be a better wingman than dancing dougy?

He's got a lot more silk than Jonno - could he be a better wingman than dancing dougy?
The extra silk makes up for the lower mug factor that Johno had... but Johno did only develop that a little later on. I think, at this early stage, the Hawk has more silk and more mug then Dale can make up for... but who knows. All i know is the kid has piles of talent and a natural instinct for football, can't teach that, but it can be wasted if without the right development. If we can get it right with him, look out!

Has to be Dale for mine.

Toby was a key cog in a premiership winning team last year. He's gone to another level this year, but Dale was not AFL standard last year, and has become a good AFL footballer this year. That's a massive leap.

Still not completely sold on Dale long term, but he has stuff we need (goal-kicking and quality disposal).

McLean has risen from a solid no mistakes forward who could milk a free to challenging for elite midfield status. A No nonsense hard arse in the contest against elite opponents.

Dale has a way to go. He has yet to really produce in the big games. If and when he does - let's reassess.

Having said that, Dale has considerable upside to come over Toby. I've seen him completely destroy VFL games using those long arms to take marks deep in defense and up forward and snaring fast break goals. Super excited for him.

But at the minute McLean has the body of work of a higher standard.

Would it be worthwhile adding a poll at season end so we can vote on an official WBBF Most Improved ?

If so, how do I do it ? Lol.
Pretty straight forward.
Click on the "create new thread" ribbon on the WB main board.
Write whatever text you want, then further down select "Add a poll" or whatever it says. Follow the prompts/instructions.
Not sure what the limit is on the number of candidates but in any case it requires you to type in the voting options (candidates). You also need to specify if you want people to vote for one option only or allow people to vote for several. I presume you want only one player.

Are you prepared to list the 30-odd players who have played senior footy? If not, it might be easier not to include a poll and just say "post the name of the WB player you think is most improved in 2017". It means you have to count the answers yourself, but for a once-a-season exercise that's no big deal. I'd be surprised if you had more than about 60 votes. You just have to make sure nobody votes twice (not that anybody here would do that!)

One question - some people have talked about Young being most improved (see Scrag's post above).
I'm not sure how that would work. Are first year players eligible? And if so, on what basis?

Pretty straight forward.
Click on the "create new thread" ribbon on the WB main board.
Write whatever text you want, then further down select "Add a poll" or whatever it says. Follow the prompts/instructions.
Not sure what the limit is on the number of candidates but in any case it requires you to type in the voting options (candidates). You also need to specify if you want people to vote for one option only or allow people to vote for several. I presume you want only one player.

Are you prepared to list the 30-odd players who have played senior footy? If not, it might be easier not to include a poll and just say "post the name of the WB player you think is most improved in 2017". It means you have to count the answers yourself, but for a once-a-season exercise that's no big deal. I'd be surprised if you had more than about 60 votes. You just have to make sure nobody votes twice (not that anybody here would do that!)

One question - some people have talked about Young being most improved (see Scrag's post above).
I'm not sure how that would work. Are first year players eligible? And if so, on what basis?

Thanks Dw. But I was hoping to add a poll to THIS thread. Sounds like it's too late.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Dw. But I was hoping to add a poll to THIS thread. Sounds like it's too late.
OK, now I get it. (I did think a smart swooper like you would have known how it's done.)

So no, I don't know how you add a poll to an old thread. Might be easier just to start a new thread with a poll and provide a link bank to here if anyone wants to read up.

Mods can add poll. Ask for nominations rather than add every player

Unless someone storms out of left field, it seems a race of 3. Or 4 if Young keeps killing it. Mind you, I think only a couple of others have been mentioned in this thread, so no big deal to include them all.

Ok. What Mod Do have to suck up to ?

Wait, I'm not sure how Young can be considered a contender for most improved player when he's a 1st year player. Isn't the whole point of the award to compare and contrast with how the player is playing much better than previous seasons at the same level ...???

Back