most obvious come-on that you missed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Was more of a deliberate miss but still a miss.

Was at the pub with a group of male mates earlier this year when a girl all dressed up approaches our group having just got back from the races. Was very chatty and kept insisting one of us came to dance with her and from memory even made mention of how she lived on her own around the corner.

Two of my mates were seeing girls and the other didn’t rate her at all (incredibly picky bloke) I thought she was decent and she was probably 6-7 years older so that attracted me a bit. But having just started the night with my mates and with a plan to leave in the next 10-20 I passed up and left the pub shortly after. When none of us accepted her offer she clearly was a bit surprised.

When we got to our next destination I started to think that I was a dickhead for not going along with her just because I wanted to head out with my mates and not ditching them at 9pm on a Saturday.

Luckily that night I ran into a chick I met in America and got lucky there. Otherwise I would have woken up Sunday asking myself why am I such a dickhead?

In hindsight I could have just met my mates back out later on.

Last edited:
None, to me knowledge.

I've been told I have missed quite a few but I strongly debate that those little tongue in cheek throwaway lines are a come on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just had a moment of clarity.

An occurrence from my distant past, a computer exhibition. Was very matey with an absolutely stunning printer sales rep who was a few years older than me, and was quite happy to see her when I reached her stand. "Bugger this," she said, "Come out the back." We went behind the curtain, "grab a seat," she kicked off her stilettos and stretched those beautiful long legs out on my lap, leaned back, sighed, and wriggled her toes while we chatted over a glass of wine. I thought she was majorly coming on to me but I successfully resisted.

For some reason she popped into my mind just now, and I finally twigged that she was simply knackered from being on her feet all day. For three decades I've been congratulating myself on being pious and chaste with iron self-control, and in reality I've never been more friendzoned in my life.

Sigh.

I just had a moment of clarity.

An occurrence from my distant past, a computer exhibition. Was very matey with an absolutely stunning printer sales rep who was a few years older than me, and was quite happy to see her when I reached her stand. "Bugger this," she said, "Come out the back." We went behind the curtain, "grab a seat," she kicked off her stilettos and stretched those beautiful long legs out on my lap, leaned back, sighed, and wriggled her toes while we chatted over a glass of wine. I thought she was majorly coming on to me but I successfully resisted.

For some reason she popped into my mind just now, and I finally twigged that she was simply knackered from being on her feet all day. For three decades I've been congratulating myself on being pious and chaste with iron self-control, and in reality I've never been more friendzoned in my life.

Sigh.
Should have taken it out

I was in Mother Russia, in my mid 20s. Post-perestroika. The guy I rented the apartment from said I should visit this bar/nightclub. It was notorious for female patrons getting stripped naked by male strippers. Sometimes people would even have sex on the bar.

So the second night in Moscow I'm at the bar. No male strippers, only the female variety. The "stage" was an inner bar within an outer bar, and I'm drinking in between the two. A hot stripper starts her routine, strips naked, and invites me to do the same with her. Inebriated at this point I accept the invitation. She strips me completely naked, except for my socks, then at the end of the routine runs off with my clothes.

I retrieve my clothes in a green room for the strippers which is actually a room to store beer kegs. When I get my clothes back I discover the crotch of my designer pants completely ripped. I'm in shock but a lady who dances with the troupe, but not on this particular night, comes to the rescue with a needle and thread. Suffice to say this woman is gorgeous, the only thing being a minor blemish; she has a scar on one of her cheeks (face, not the other end!)

She stitches up my pants, invites me to share champagne with her, and starts talking about how I'm the perfect age for a partner. We wrap arms like a chain and enjoy champagne together while engaged in conversation. Now I had my eye on another lady. I had a choice. To follow up with the stripper who was all over me, or pursue another girl I had the hots for. I chose the latter. I kind of knew I was making a mistake, but only realised the brevity of my situation when the other girl turned me down when the bar closed.

The moral of the story: a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush... and if a bird with no bush is in your hand then don't chase another bird!

I was in Mother Russia, in my mid 20s. Post-perestroika. The guy I rented the apartment from said I should visit this bar/nightclub. It was notorious for female patrons getting stripped naked by male strippers. Sometimes people would even have sex on the bar.

So the second night in Moscow I'm at the bar. No male strippers, only the female variety. The "stage" was an inner bar within an outer bar, and I'm drinking in between the two. A hot stripper starts her routine, strips naked, and invites me to do the same with her. Inebriated at this point I accept the invitation. She strips me completely naked, except for my socks, then at the end of the routine runs off with my clothes.

I retrieve my clothes in a green room for the strippers which is actually a room to store beer kegs. When I get my clothes back I discover the crotch of my designer pants completely ripped. I'm in shock but a lady who dances with the troupe, but not on this particular night, comes to the rescue with a needle and thread. Suffice to say this woman is gorgeous, the only thing being a minor blemish; she has a scar on one of her cheeks (face, not the other end!)

She stitches up my pants, invites me to share champagne with her, and starts talking about how I'm the perfect age for a partner. We wrap arms like a chain and enjoy champagne together while engaged in conversation. Now I had my eye on another lady. I had a choice. To follow up with the stripper who was all over me, or pursue another girl I had the hots for. I chose the latter. I kind of knew I was making a mistake, but only realised the brevity of my situation when the other girl turned me down when the bar closed.

The moral of the story: a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush... and if a bird with no bush is in your hand then don't chase another bird!

Sounds to me like this was probably a blessing in disguise...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as you remember the safe word youll be okay

K5wtlWr.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back