Autopsy Most of us gave up a beautiful Sunday afternoon on a long weekend to watch that - Autopsy vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

60 point defeat was flattering considering Geelong's inaccuracy at goal in the 1st quarter and taking the foot off the gas in the last.

Geelong were able to hit targets when pressing forward with handballs and kicks. All on a ground they aren't used to playing on.

and we were the opposite with our use of the ball.

Ben McKay gets s**t on every week because of our turnovers and lack of pressure.

The debutant Curtis was good in the 1st half.

Not much else to be happy about.

And then Mahoney can officially be our Full Forward. Huzzah!

He resisted moving Jack out of the backline for the entirety of last year. A couple of weeks ago he pulled the trigger and threw him forward. Today he pulled the trigger again and threw him into the guts. The point is that something about the situation has clearly changed and it's not going to have been something good.
"Resisted Jack moving out of the backline for the entirety of last year."

He was third in the B&F, he was great back there last year.

Watched the first half only as had family over for easter. Spent the rest of the afternoon eating. My father in law’s snoring on the couch sounded better than Dwayne’s call as well. We just butcher the ball so much coming out of defence, it gives our midfield and forwards absolutely no chance. Ball just gets pumped into the F50 again and again because of this. Then all of a sudden we are 35 points down half way thru the 2nd qtr…..it’s game over. Our skill level is poor, as bad as I’ve seen at AFL level. This creates pressure and anxiety within the team. It’s a vicious circle we are in at the moment unfortunately. Patience, I guess.
Funnily enough my brother in law, a mad Carlton fan reckons they will lose next week. Been bitch slapped by North so many times the past 20 years he’s completely scarred. Kept telling him all day we are total garbage and have no chance. Wouldn’t listen. Reckon he’ll have a epic meltdown if we beat them yet again.

Possibly that we need someone to kick some goals.
We didn't need that last year and we didn't have any options in the VFL this year?

My point is (assuming people aren't arguing that the coach is trying to hide the captain) that something has changed for Noble to suddenly not only see Jack as Mr Fix It, but for us to suddenly need one. We had some god ******* awful games last year and he didn't pull the trigger on this move even when the media was agitating for it. I want to know what's changed (Read: gone wrong).

what i hated about cam's game is how often he spoiled his teammates trying to do something ridiculous, like all the times he tried to leap for a mark he couldn't reach, or when he tried to kick the goal with 3 guys hanging off him instead of looking for a teammate in a better position. needs to be more team-first in his approach
Not to mention the failed three fend off's, with no backup plan.

Cams all over the place atm. He looks like he lacks confidence, while at the same time showing over confidence. Reports from the family day was he was being a disinterested a-hole. Some things going wrong in his head or at home.

I'd put it on par with Bris. If the handbaggers kicked straight it would of been around the same deficit

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I cut us some (relative) slack for the Brisbane game because we were without LDU and TT while playing a night game at the Gabattoir.

Back in the hotel in hobart. watching the tigers demons game on tv. just had an advert come on at 3/4 time on channel 7 for North Melbourne telling people to get down to the North v Geelong game to see our exciting young midfield and buy a membership.. a bit late :( waste of marketing budget

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you see him on the outer wing also?

I'm sure he said "fu** it" and stopped chasing.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep seen it a few times over the past few weeks. We are going to burn him like Melbourne and Carlton did with some of their top picks from a few years back.

There’s probably a lot worse yet to come which is the sad thing. There’s no quick fix for this, we don’t have the cattle on the list to change much, we don’t have the trade capital to go and fill some gaps with quality players at the end of the year, and any kids we bring in via the draft would be years away from changing anything themselves. Get ready for more pain, we are s**t and will be for a while yet.
Priority picks #1 and #19 wouldn’t go astray, hey?

1. Turner never again - Play a kid - HE OFFERS nothing. No contract renewal.
2. Play McDonald and Perez off HBF ffs. McDonald is one of our only intercepting players atm and Perez is that tough skilled player you need of HBF.
3. Bring in Comben so it isn't all on Larkey who cannot take a pack mark to save himself.
4. Stop kicking it long 100% of the time.
5. Being at the ground - zero work rate - LAZY.
6. Get a KPD in the Mid Season draft at all costs. Walker is depth only.
7. Stop playing Atu in defence - try him and Curtis up forward.
8. Every time the defence made a mistake they would high five each other - just no.

Perez, Thomas, McDonald for a start. Young is just ok back there.

At some point Noble needs to realise he needs players back there who can win or half a contest, actually exit out to hit a target and provide some run.

Turner 🤮 Atu🤮 Scott🤮 are not it. They are also all OOC.

Young is one of the worst defenders we’ve ever had on the list. Agree with the the others, except that Turner can defend but thats all he can do.

60 point defeat was flattering considering Geelong's inaccuracy at goal in the 1st quarter and taking the foot off the gas in the last.

Geelong were able to hit targets when pressing forward with handballs and kicks. All on a ground they aren't used to playing on.

and we were the opposite with our use of the ball.

Ben McKay gets s**t on every week because of our turnovers and lack of pressure.

The debutant Curtis was good in the 1st half.

Not much else to be happy about.
You can do the game day thread next week mate. I jinx it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back