Most Over-rated player in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

WestCat said:
The team of the early to mid 90's was also a tough (probably a little too tough, see '89 GF) team.

You can never be "too tough". Simply the Cats came across a team that revelled in hard games and was able to stand up to a physical onslaught.

Oh for those days :(

Want A Beer Mate said:
5) Tom Harley

toilet.jpg

Whoops, there goes your credibility.

Catman said:
He's not in the 5 most overrated players in the league, but he isn't as good as the media or the GFC would like us to believe.

I think that for all but the 2004 season he was grossly underrated. Now he is getting the credit he deserves, no more and no less.

Come on Wantabeer, hands off the Tomcat Harley. Yeah, he got beaten by Johnno Brown last year but no shame in that is there? He is a key for the Catters down back and his partnership with Scarlo is one of the key factors in the Cats improved showing last season in my book. Harley may not be spectacular but he is consistent and rarely puts in a bad one. I'd be spewing if he ever went back to the Port.

In defence of Kingsley, I'd say that Kent has suffered because of Geelong's lack of forward options over the years. Kingsley just isn't strong enough to be the primary forward up front but as a secondary forward he would be most productive..although Kingsley is one Cat player that doesn't always inspire me with a lot of confidence.

Hands off those Catters you mangy Gorilla!! :)

regards,

REB

Rik E Boy said:
Come on Wantabeer, hands off the Tomcat Harley. Yeah, he got beaten by Johnno Brown last year but no shame in that is there? He is a key for the Catters down back and his partnership with Scarlo is one of the key factors in the Cats improved showing last season in my book. Harley may not be spectacular but he is consistent and rarely puts in a bad one. I'd be spewing if he ever went back to the Port.

Hands off those Catters you mangy Gorilla!! :)

regards,

REB

Harley's major strength is his mobility and his ability to rebound off defensive fifty although he is quite strong. Therefore Brown is probably his worst opponent, having the better strength of Harley, or just about any other CHB in the comp bar Leppitsch. It's Riewoldt who provides the most entertaining matchup - remember rd 17 this year? Riewoldt killed him in the second quarter, Harley kept him quiet in the second half and in the end they finished up about all square.

Could not be bothered reading the entire thread but IMO Jared Brennan is seriously overrated.

In my judgement, even though he hasn't been drafted yet, is probably never been close to being drafted, will never get a game of AFL, Yze Magic, with all these things in consideration, is still probably the most overrated in in the AFL

NorthBoi96 said:
My top 5 over rated players:

1. Brad Ottens
2. Andrew McLeod
3. Nick Davis
4. Clark Keating
5. Chris Grant

Andrew Mcleod overrated? You are mad. A few bad years, perhaps, but go back and watch some highlight videos. Simply Brilliant.

As for Chris Grant, LMAO!

Ottens deserves to be there though.

McLeod averaged over 22 possies this year if you are a McLeod or Buckley you gonna get picked on for having fewer than 30 possies ey? :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

to all you complete and utter morons who have stated buckley is over rated.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2327104&postcount=7

He has polled more career brownlow votes than any other player in the past 15 years, bar robert harvey.

in his 260-odd games he has got to have been one of the most consistant performers to have played the game.

and to those saying he gets cheap possessions? he led the league in hard ball gets in 2003 i think it was, and probably other seasons as well, just havent got the stats handy.

the only other current player i would compare with buckley would be harvey. Had they both captained 3 premierships each they would've been lauded as one of the greats. Premierships arent a measurement of an individual players ability/talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back