Most overrated player in the AFL currently?

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listen gents, I'm not one to loathe AFL players unless they're from Collingwood or Richmond.

But currently, who is the most overrated player in the AFL at the moment?

I'll start us off with a little bit of Tex Walker

You've gone with a bloke who for the last 3 seasons has had his spot under constant question by media and fans? THAT'S who you went with?

Go get assessed and funded.

You've gone with a bloke who for the last 3 seasons has had his spot under constant question by media and fans? THAT'S who you went with?

Go get assessed and funded.

Look at my past reply. Obviously not as much anymore, and I was wrong with the call now. He’s been more maligned then possible and I’m obviously living in the past. I always thought there was a select few commentators on Fox going on about him. But I understand.

But it’s hard to actually deny that he was undoubtedly overrated a few years ago.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tom Mitchell. Accumulator extraordinaire. Gets mixed in with the stars of the game for no good reason. He's off getting a quick 1-2 handball to make the Fantasy owners happy whilst Dustin Martin tears the game apart.

Funny you say that...because Mitchell would never play a game as bad as Dusty did on the weekend. And Dusty has 5-10 games like that a year. Dusty had 5 kicks, was caught multiple times and gave away a few frees (lucky not to be more). Mitchell's worst games he is still winning the hard ball, getting clearances and laying tackles.

Dusty's best may be the best in the league but sometimes he gets a bit of a free ride given he only produces it every now and agsin as opposed to the guys that put in every single week. Yet Dusty is unequivocally considered the best player in the comp (as I said his best is) but he only really produced it consistently in 2017.

From my club... Ollie Wines.

But maybe that's me just not allowing for injury concerns last couple yesrs

Funny you say that...because Mitchell would never play a game as bad as Dusty did on the weekend. And Dusty has 5-10 games like that a year. Dusty had 5 kicks, was caught multiple times and gave away a few frees (lucky not to be more). Mitchell's worst games he is still winning the hard ball, getting clearances and laying tackles.

Dusty's best may be the best in the league but sometimes he gets a bit of a free ride given he only produces it every now and agsin as opposed to the guys that put in every single week. Yet Dusty is unequivocally considered the best player in the comp (as I said his best is) but he only really produced it consistently in 2017.
Dusty busted his ribs and has been playing with them all year. Probably fit now, but would go a long way to explaining his form, although he did look a bit disinterested and frustrated last week.

Look at my past reply. Obviously not as much anymore, and I was wrong with the call now. He’s been more maligned then possible and I’m obviously living in the past. I always thought there was a select few commentators on Fox going on about him. But I understand.

But it’s hard to actually deny that he was undoubtedly overrated a few years ago.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Actually if you looked at his goals and even more importantly his goal assists you would realise you are talking out your arse. You are descending to moron-journo levels of incompetence by trying to retrospectively rewrite history.

Let me know if you need help with funding applications.

I agree. The worst thing about Martin is his attitude. He's a bit of a brat and becomes petulant if he's not playing well or the team is not doing well. In terms of skill level, Mitchell isn't Martin, but he's still a very good player and I don't think anyone ever thinks he isn't giving 100% every week which you can't say about Dusty.

Being the best isn't just about ability, it's a lot about attitude and mentality too, you need to be excellent in both to be consistently great, which is probably why Ablett Jr has been the best this generation.

Tom Mitchell. Accumulator extraordinaire. Gets mixed in with the stars of the game for no good reason. He's off getting a quick 1-2 handball to make the Fantasy owners happy whilst Dustin Martin tears the game apart.
Terrible take because no one actually puts Mitchell ahead of Dusty when ranking players.

He is one of the best inside mids in the comp though

Terrible take because no one actually puts Mitchell ahead of Dusty when ranking players.

He is one of the best inside mids in the comp though
Never said they did? I said he's overrated and talked up like a Martin type, when really he's just an accumulator with average disposal. Ergo, the glorified Matt Crouch.

I say the Dusty comparison because players like him, Bont, Danger etc are off tearing games apart whilst Mitchell is getting a cheap handball out the back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back