Player Watch Most overrated players (current & retired) part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Robert Harvey was an excellent player but wasnt as damaging with his kicking as others.James Hird was overated in that he wasnt a true tall player and got alot of uncontested ball.Also there is evidence he was on the gear for much of his career as he went to Dohertys Gym with shane wowoden and was known for endurance wich may have come from what he took at the gym

Harvey played with two century goal kickers pretty much sums up his kicking.

Robert Harvey was an excellent player but wasnt as damaging with his kicking as others.James Hird was overated in that he wasnt a true tall player and got alot of uncontested ball.Also there is evidence he was on the gear for much of his career as he went to Dohertys Gym with shane wowoden and was known for endurance wich may have come from what he took at the gym
Yeah I’ve heard the exact same thing about Dusty. His achievements are now all null and void. Same for Cotchin. I heard Richo was on HGH too.

Robert Harvey and James Hird
Robert Harvey in his prime in his early 20's was as good a player you'd find. Consecutive Brownlow's. Nobody could touch him. Sure his kicking dropped as he got older, seems that is how he is most remembered (not saying by you necessarily) in a lot of discussions on BF. Could watch his highlights reel over and over (if the quality wasn't so shite).

In my team its Gaff, he gets a million possessions and damages no one.
12th in the comp for score involvements (5th for midfielders).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dustin Martin
Alex Rance
You may be baiting, but in case you aren't, this is from the AA thread.

Also Rance has been in 65 1 on 1 contests this year, which is the most in the league. 2nd most is Talia with 54.
So that only playing lose is just complete bs. Hes just so good that he do both.
On top of that he loses 1/5.9 contests a game. Talia loses 0.8/4.9, Rampe 0.9/4.6.
Those are the only 2 players that are anywhere near his loss ratio for that volume over that many games.

Then is also 2nd in the league for intercept marks with 4 a game.
McGovern first with 4.5. But is then loses 1.3/3.5 1 on 1 contests a game. So not even close in that area.
The guys close to him with 1 on 1 play is Talia with 1.9 and Rampe with 1.6 a game.

Rance also no.1 in the league for score launches with 2.2 a game. McGovern is at 1.5, Talia 1.2, Rampe 0.8.

Rance has 7.3 spoils a game (8th in the league), Talia 7.4, McGovern 5.4, Rampe 5.

Rance also has 3.9 rebound 50s a game (9th in the league). Talia 1.9, Rampe 4.5, McGovern 4.2.

So basically Rance is elite in both one on one play and the lose man intercepting and rebounding play.
As far as I can tell other players can match him in 1 area, but not both. Clear AA because the selectors actually have a clue, unlike the people in here that think he only plays loose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back