Player Watch Most overrated players (current & retired) part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Patrick Dangerfield and Dustin Martin..... both are in their prime now, but they have had inconsistent careers before reaching their prime years.

That's not as bad as Hawthorns list winning their second flag well into their thirties

Interesting... most would say that those 3 are currently fulfilling their potential... whereas with Dusty there was always questions over his limitations and value to the team at that age. Thus his difficulty getting a good contract.

I knew my post would agitate a bit, considering Dusty and Danger are now superstars. Your post is pretty measured.
He was a gun from day 1, but he was a loose Canon off-field, hence there being trade talk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just going to do my team.

Dustin Martin - yes, he's good. Very, very good. On his day he might be the best mid in the game right now.
But the hyperbole over last season - 'Best season ever! Doing things no one has done before!) - was ridiculous.

Underrated - Astbury.

I think Danger and Fyfe's best years were overrated. I genuinely don't think Martin's 2017 was. It was up there with Kouta's 2000 season as one of the more dominant.

I haven't seen a better under 18 kid since Judd but he hasn't come on the way I thought he would

............yet. Plenty of time for a 22 year old to put it all together. easier to do so in a good side, if indeed Melbourne go on with things.

For me: Koutafides. Sure he had some brilliant moments, games and extended periods, but I feel we largely remember him being better than he was over the course of his career.

............yet. Plenty of time for a 22 year old to put it all together. easier to do so in a good side, if indeed Melbourne go on with things.

For me: Koutafides. Sure he had some brilliant moments, games and extended periods, but I feel we largely remember him being better than he was over the course of his career.
Kouta at his peak was unstoppable.. A real shame injuries curtailed his athleticism..

Current

Alex Rance - no way this diver should be regarded as one of the great defenders. Most games plays off his opponent and is very vulnerable 1 out in defence.
Daylight
Scott Pendlebury - never wins a hardball and is only hyped up cause he dances around like a ballerina.
Cyril Rioli - enough said. I blame Bruce.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back