Opinion Most overrated players from each team?

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Daniel Rioli
Griffon Logue
Ollie Wines
Brodie Grundy
Daniel McStay
Gryan Myers
Tom Mitchell
Cody Weightman
Nic Natanui

Rioli lol he’s in contention to be AA HB this year. You’ve also missed Kozzie Pickett who is the biggest downhill skier I’ve ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pomsta

All Australian
Jun 10, 2010
Stuck at Home
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Wolves, 49ers
Oh I dunno. Dusty only seemed to do his best stuff when Richmond used to be a good side
It's funny how that happens with a lot of great players. Ever thought that the reason that they are good side was because of players like Dusty? Take a look at Hawthorn after their last premiership. They were still a good side and Mitchell was great. Once Tom Mitchell slowed a little Hawthorn went backwards. Does this mean that Mitchell is only good in a good side?

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
I love CJ but he’s nowhere near how good he could be with his athletic attributes.

We have a lot of hype in hawk land cos he looks a million dollars

Early days though, keeps improving.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
It's funny how that happens with a lot of great players. Ever thought that the reason that they are good side was because of players like Dusty? Take a look at Hawthorn after their last premiership. They were still a good side and Mitchell was great. Once Tom Mitchell slowed a little Hawthorn went backwards. Does this mean that Mitchell is only good in a good side?

The really good teams step up in finals. The great hawks 2013 to 2015 got called for ‘unaccountable pretty football on the outside’

Ask Hannebery etc how that one went once finals came around

How many times did the 80s hawks look disinterested in th H&A the just obliterate teams in q4?

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Oh I dunno. Dusty only seemed to do his best stuff when Richmond used to be a good side

You’ve got it backwards. Richmond were a good side because he was in it playing finals GOAT footy. Depression and injury has ruined his form. Pretty cheap shot by you to bag him in his circumstances tbh

lordbob

Team Captain
Aug 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
wait, are you saying tom mitchell is good?

Cotchins Hair Piece

Bouffant Flat Top
Mar 6, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

Gazza Greatness

Premium Platinum
Oct 11, 2008
Werribee
AFL Club
Geelong
You’ve got it backwards. Richmond were a good side because he was in it playing finals GOAT footy. Depression and injury has ruined his form. Pretty cheap shot by you to bag him in his circumstances tbh

The year Dusty won the Brownlow, he like Gazza Jnr would have won it in a breeze playing for the Gold Coast, the guy was that good and anybody suggests otherwise is just trolling.

Jul 28, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not trying to be one eyed but Dusty, really? People keeping saying he didn’t deserve his norm smiths ffs. If anything he’s underrated.

Most overrated player to ever play the game, in my opinion. Is he a good player? Yes, but I constantly hear him being called one of the best ever. I personally felt he was overrated in his brownlow year, and just has to breathe to get voted best on ground. I wouldn't be surprised if he even wins the ANZAC day medal next year. Most of his Norm Smith medals were undeserved.

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Most overrated player to ever play the game, in my opinion. Is he a good player? Yes, but I constantly hear him being called one of the best ever. I personally felt he was overrated in his brownlow year, and just has to breathe to get voted best on ground. I wouldn't be surprised if he even wins the ANZAC day medal next year. Most of his Norm Smith medals were undeserved.

Nice bait

Private Hudson

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
McStay is the most overrated player in the comp. Doesn’t kick goals , doesn’t get a lot of touches and takes an occasional good grab. I’d be taking Collingwood’s deal if I were him too.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I think Scott is the only one who rates him.

He’s not what I’d call a ‘good’ player but since he debuted he’s always played SOME sort of role, initially it was almost solely to chip in with a goal or two per game, he didn’t do a lot else.

He’s become a better ball user and has added at least SOME defensive side to his game albeit it’s not very good.

I don’t think anyone rates him as being anything special but he does his job as often as not, which is all anyone can ask of the non remarkable players.

Jackington

Back Flank Battler
Sep 23, 2021
State of Constant Anxiety
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Hard to pick anyone from North Melbourne, and each player from Geelong is playing great at the moment. If I had to pick another from Geelong I'd probably say Gryan Miers?

When it comes to Geelong fans I'd almost say Miers is underrated. Bloke gets panned near on weekly with demands for him to be dropped. I reckon most overrated currently is Mark O'Connor, only because I don't know how he continues to get a game in such a strong team.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Noah Balta :)

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Hard to pick anyone from North Melbourne, and each player from Geelong is playing great at the moment. If I had to pick another from Geelong I'd probably say Gryan Miers?

I think Paddy Dangerfield is overrated from a Geelong perspective

Feb 7, 2009
lost somewhere in time
AFL Club
Geelong
Most of them didn’t. And coaching in those days especially on match day was 80% yelling and insulting the players for not being good enough and/or ‘taking the opposition player out’ if they were playing better. They made plans for individual players but not the opposition team as a whole. They were also no way near as fit as today, we have professional athletes now doing it full time.

going by your theory that they didn't train wouldn't that make their achievements more remarkable if they had today's training they would be much better than they were back in the dark ages. Plus you would also think kicking for goal would have improved dramatically and that's one part of the game that hasn't

Back