BAYSIGHTER

Rookie
Mar 18, 2008
forrest
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
fgvg
2. Brian Hinkley is a gun has been carrying a calf injury all year, the only time he was injury free was round one and he kicked 9. Bit stiff Boom the bloke is like 42 years of age only could dream of still playing at that age, The man is a LEGEND of country footy just ask anyone with the slightest bit of football knowledge and i will asure you they will agree.

May 29, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Alvie FC
2. Brian Hinkley is a gun has been carrying a calf injury all year, the only time he was injury free was round one and he kicked 9. Bit stiff Boom the bloke is like 42 years of age only could dream of still playing at that age, The man is a LEGEND of country footy just ask anyone with the slightest bit of football knowledge and i will asure you they will agree.
good players dont go kickless in a game of football

Apr 3, 2008
apollo bay
AFL Club
Geelong
1. Dan Casey
2. Brian Hinkley
3. Xavier Clancy
4. Dan O'Kelly
5. Mark Whelan

Anyone else got some suggestions??
Hinks is a true gun and a legend of country football. Fitness and injuries are to be expected at his age but he told me just yesterday that he thinks if he was fit then he could have kicked 100 goals easily in this poor league

May 29, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Alvie FC
1. Dan Casey
2. Brian Hinkley
3. Xavier Clancy
4. Dan O'Kelly
5. Mark Whelan

Anyone else got some suggestions??
Got some apologies to make. Firstly to clancy who kicked 7 goals on luke phillips, a class effort. Secondly to mark whelan who kicked 3 up the other end in a losing side, a good effort

Grey Matter

Debutant
Jun 23, 2008
geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Got some apologies to make. Firstly to clancy who kicked 7 goals on luke phillips, a class effort. Secondly to mark whelan who kicked 3 up the other end in a losing side, a good effort
Well done boom on admiting you were wrong on Clancy. From what I saw he could almost be the difference between Lorne winning and losing this year. Phillips is a quality defender and never gave up but Clancy probably should have kicked 10. Dont agree with the pat on the back for Whelan though, he kicked 2 of his goals in junktime when trickey was off the ground. On the other hand I thought Lorne were a bit generous giving Tully best as Birre did a real good job of restricting him to nothing more than a serviceable game. Plenty of homework for Casey and Co this week especially with Jack Hollmer returning. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

May 29, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Alvie FC
Well done boom on admiting you were wrong on Clancy. From what I saw he could almost be the difference between Lorne winning and losing this year. Phillips is a quality defender and never gave up but Clancy probably should have kicked 10. Dont agree with the pat on the back for Whelan though, he kicked 2 of his goals in junktime when trickey was off the ground. On the other hand I thought Lorne were a bit generous giving Tully best as Birre did a real good job of restricting him to nothing more than a serviceable game. Plenty of homework for Casey and Co this week especially with Jack Hollmer returning. :thumbsu::thumbsu:
Whelan as a rule struggles against the top sides and he is yet to kick over 3 goals against a top three side this season which is what is based my overrated argument on. Still, to kick three is a reasonable effort in a losing side

Mr Magoo74

Rookie
Jun 18, 2008
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Storm

and Whelan's other goal came from a relayed free did it not. I think you'll find he always struggles on Trickey, but then again I think most forwards do. Trickey is under-rated as a key defender in the league. Not sure on Tully having just a serviceable game...?? I thought he was everywhere and probably laid over a dozen effective tackles himself. I note tackles because I thought Lorne's tackling pressure was one of the main factor's in their win. Just interested in your opinion, other than Tull who would you have given best, Clancy or someone else

Apr 3, 2008
apollo bay
AFL Club
Geelong
and Whelan's other goal came from a relayed free did it not. I think you'll find he always struggles on Trickey, but then again I think most forwards do. Trickey is under-rated as a key defender in the league. Not sure on Tully having just a serviceable game...?? I thought he was everywhere and probably laid over a dozen effective tackles himself. I note tackles because I thought Lorne's tackling pressure was one of the main factor's in their win. Just interested in your opinion, other than Tull who would you have given best, Clancy or someone else
Whealen is the most overrated player in the competition hands down. Finally boom you have said something decent. A hungry sheepdog who is only a quarter the player barney hinkley is.

May 29, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Alvie FC
Whealen is the most overrated player in the competition hands down. Finally boom you have said something decent. A hungry sheepdog who is only a quarter the player barney hinkley is.
you have misread me here mate. He won the league goalkicking so obviously can play a bit. What i meant was that he needs to be kicking bags against the good sides to be in the top ten players in the league which is where i origionally had him. As for the most overrated, same thing applies, before he is a star of the comp he needs to kick a bag in a final or against a good side like clancy did last week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grey Matter

Debutant
Jun 23, 2008
geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
To me shutting down Mason and Whelan was the key, so my money would be on Trickey, Callanan and Clancy for obvious reasons as Lorne's best. Interesting neither Trickey or Clancy got in Lorne's best. Not bagging Tully for his game at all and yes he did a lot of grunt work but i also thought that all those through the Lorne midfield like Tipping, Alford, Hollmer, Leontiades and Wishart in their own way played as big a part as Tully. Just called it as I saw it and opinions can vary but one thing for sure is Lorne had no passengers on Saturday and must have a full input from the team (not just the stars) to threaten IB. :thumbsu::thumbsu::)

May 29, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Alvie FC
To me shutting down Mason and Whelan was the key, so my money would be on Trickey, Callanan and Clancy for obvious reasons as Lorne's best. Interesting neither Trickey or Clancy got in Lorne's best. Not bagging Tully for his game at all and yes he did a lot of grunt work but i also thought that all those through the Lorne midfield like Tipping, Alford, Hollmer, Leontiades and Wishart in their own way played as big a part as Tully. Just called it as I saw it and opinions can vary but one thing for sure is Lorne had no passengers on Saturday and must have a full input from the team (not just the stars) to threaten IB. :thumbsu::thumbsu::)
yeah agree on most counts here. While you make mention of the terrific job the defense done, they can only do as well as there midfield allow, which was well on top of birres. If the ball is repetitively getting pumped in it does not matter how good the defense is but if the midfield can minimise this and create pressure it makes the defenders job a lot easier.

go wide

Debutant
Mar 24, 2008
lorne hinterland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
swamp rats dolphins
yeah agree on most counts here. While you make mention of the terrific job the defense done, they can only do as well as there midfield allow, which was well on top of birres. If the ball is repetitively getting pumped in it does not matter how good the defense is but if the midfield can minimise this and create pressure it makes the defenders job a lot easier.
what the ....????

go wide

Debutant
Mar 24, 2008
lorne hinterland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
swamp rats dolphins
Those in the know down at stribling reserve very happy with clancys input so far,came with a rep of a bit of a nutter,but with the support of fellow recruit (and minder) long sleeved old school half back flanker (can play) Greg Mcaskill the x factor has managed to behave himself so far, and do what he gets his $150 for which is kick goals, but please dont upset him,it could get ugly....did i mention how good smartty is?

Hilly72

All Australian
Mar 28, 2003
Geelong
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy FC, Birregurra FC

I think that you will find that Luke was only directly on Clancy for about 5 minutes in the first quarter.

Aug 26, 2008
inverleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
GEELONG
Daniel Mason - Imperials. Saw a game against Apollo Bay when he thought someone was coming and dropped his head. Thought it was a pretty weak effort from a bloke who prides himself on his courage....

B-HAWK 26

Senior List
Nov 19, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I will withdraw my opinion of Clancy being the most overrated player in the competition after his performance last weekend. I admit i only based my judgement on the fact that a player with a large amount of hype started off in the reserves. May have been team policy??

catters_99

Debutant
Oct 6, 2005
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Monty Panesar
Luke Phillips is capable of blanketing any forward in the competition.

second that B-Hawk. Luke Phillips did start on Clancy but while he was quite a couple of other lorne fowarsds started to put there hand up which Luke Phillips had to go to one of them. Also heard that Clancys goals had a few free kicks that were pretty ordinary so lucky to kick that many

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back