Most Overrated Umpire Ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Chewy

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 16, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Glen James, or as Lou Richards used to call him, "Jesse" James, fastest whistle in the West.

Nothing racist, or anything. He was a great indigenous Australian, just a pretty crap umpire in my opinion.

Bryan Sheehan was also a bit overrated.

Glen James, or as Lou Richards used to call him, "Jesse" James, fastest whistle in the West.

Nothing racist, or anything. He was a great indigenous Australian, just a pretty crap umpire in my opinion.

Bryan Sheehan was also a bit overrated.
Ok I will bite....
I don't like the way how Dean Margetts umpires. He's not a bad bloke to chat to. He can't umpire that well.

Glen James was a great umpire. If he wanted to he could still be umpiring footy today. He often comes and does a game with the BFUA once a year. Good to umpire with. Same with John Russo.
Carl Ackland was a shithouse umpire.

Anyone who hates Jamie Love or Ian Bedford with a passion? Just a word of warning here guys, they both read the site.

He over umpired in the Adelaide vs Hawthorn game. Don't worry he knows about that as well.

I didn't watch that game after the first 15 minutes so I can't comment .... thats one game though, I still reckon' hes doing a pretty good job this year.

He over umpired in the Adelaide vs Hawthorn game. Don't worry he knows about that as well.

Why? was it that obvious that he would have to know, or are you higher than letting on. Didn't watch the game myself so wont comment. Not a fan though. Over officious in others i've seen. One game in particular WB v Rich gave 12 free kicks to Rich and not one to WB. Not one free kick could he give/find/pluck in 120 minutes of footy.

In my opinion, Michael Avon is not up to AFL standards.

It was quite funny, at the St Kilda V Sydney game at Telstra Dome in May I was sitting on the fence. Avon had a SHOCKING game!! When the throw in was in front of me and Avon was standing 2 metres away I yelled out "Discraceful umpiring tonight Avon, you will be dropped next week!".

Next week he was umpiring the magoos!!

Without any doubt whatsoever - Ray Chamberlain. I can not believe that there are actually people on these boards who thinks he CAN umpire! Easily the worst ever to be on the panel. An absolute disgrace. :thumbsdown:

She umpires the Ballarat league or something like that and she is making very unprofessional comments. I highly doubt an umpire at her league or level would be privy to information from the AFL or from any AFL umpires, and if she was she wouldn't be posting them on an internet forum. As Bryan Strauchn would say "It's pure BS".

Talk about unprofessional comments. You only have to go and look at the report thread to know who is the goose in here.
:rolleyes:

Wanna bet? Go and ring our umpires association right now and you will find that we DO get DIRECTED by the AFLUA.

[/QUOTE] Wanna bet? Go and ring our umpires association right now and you will find that we DO get DIRECTED by the AFLUA.[/QUOTE]

No league gets directed by the AFLUA .... it is the association for the AFL umpires. You would have little to no correspondence with them at all. Leagues like yours have correspondence with the AFL Umpiring department. The AFLUA is simply a organisation that represents AFL umpires.

Take from the AFLUA website:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Victorian Football League Umpires Association (VFLUA) was formed in 1909 and since that date has represented all umpires officiating in senior VFL football and field umpires who officiated in country football as directed by the VFL Umpires Appointment Board until 1983.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Association's missions and objectives changed little in this time. It was recognised by the League as representative of umpires in relation to negotiating match fees and played an important role in decision making of the VFL on matters relating to umpiring.
[/FONT]

Completly disagree and i believe Scott McBurney is the most overrated current umpire and Humped-Smith of the last 5 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back