Most pathetic thing you've ever done

Remove this Banner Ad

I won $1500 once. Started with just a $20 bet that won.

The plan was to keep $500 and roll $1000 on a certainty and the thinking process was that it was only from winnings anyway and I still have $500 left over that I won that I didn't have otherwise so I should be happy with that.

So I placed a 3 leg multi that were all certaintys to win.

Well one of the legs lost and my initial thought of it being from only winnings didn't make me feel any better. I felt s**t.
Then I tried to roll the left over $500 to make up what I lost and ended up losing that. From my incredible high of winning a lot of money ended up being one of the most pathetic things I've ever done and I lost the lot.

Something that I've kept to myself but I'll never forgot the rollercoaster of pain it caused me.

I won $1500 once. Started with just a $20 bet that won.

The plan was to keep $500 and roll $1000 on a certainty and the thinking process was that it was only from winnings anyway and I still have $500 left over that I won that I didn't have otherwise so I should be happy with that.

So I placed a 3 leg multi that were all certaintys to win.

Well one of the legs lost and my initial thought of it being from only winnings didn't make me feel any better. I felt s**t.
Then I tried to roll the left over $500 to make up what I lost and ended up losing that. From my incredible high of winning a lot of money ended up being one of the most pathetic things I've ever done and I lost the lot.

Something that I've kept to myself but I'll never forgot the rollercoaster of pain it caused me.

So when you said you won $1500 once the pathetic thing was that you actually lost $1500? Does it feel like you lost $1500 or $20?

So when you said you won $1500 once the pathetic thing was that you actually lost $1500? Does it feel like you lost $1500 or $20?

Yeah I lost $1500 and it feels like I lost $1500 not $20 as much as I try to convince myself otherwise.

Yeah I lost $1500 and it feels like I lost $1500 not $20 as much as I try to convince myself otherwise.

I can understand how it happened. I reckon if you are going to gamble or play the stock market you need to understand you are up against people who do it for a living. You need some sort of strategy and not just make emotional/drunken decisions on the fly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched an aflw match

PUTRID standard
You have watched a game of football 490 times, you hold up the self serve machine to piss people off and you pee sitting down. That is all.

You have watched a game of football 490 times, you hold up the self serve machine to piss people off and you pee sitting down. That is all.

Nothing pathetic about either of those things

I'd hate to think the amount of times I've watched Terminator 2 for example, way over 1000 times :p

I didn't hold up the machine to deliberately piss people off, but it was an added bonus :p

And so what if someone pees while sitting down, its far more hygienic :p

Nothing pathetic about either of those things

I'd hate to think the amount of times I've watched Terminator 2 for example, way over 1000 times :p

I didn't hold up the machine to deliberately piss people off, but it was an added bonus :p

And so what if someone pees while sitting down, its far more hygienic :p
As long as you get it into the bowl, then peeing standing up isn't any less hygienic. Was your aim that bad that you just pissed all over the floor?

I paid good money for a signed photo of Chris Tavare.

I saw him bat, first test match Australia v England in 1982 Ashes, my biggest memory was one of the beer brigade yelling "C'mon Henry" at the WACA.

Geoff Lawson steamed in off the pickets and split the stumps on cue, as a youngster I remember thinking that Geoff Lawson is pretty good.

You just yell out "C'mon Henry" and you clean bowl campaigners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back