Opinion Most underrated player(s) in the AFL currently?

Remove this Banner Ad

Fergus Greene, how has he not been getting a game lately..

The lizard. He does everything. Lethal kick, electric pace, incredible drive off hb and unlike most other has, he is showcasing really strong defensive skills with his marking and spoiling.

Makes the occasional blue but you wear those from the guys who take the game on.

Not sure the Lizard is underrated. Excellent player though.

Willem Drew by a country mile.

Hate the crows but I don't mind what Luke Pedlar is putting together.

Zero All Australians for someone who has been the best/second best medium backman (either him or Tom Stewart) over the last six years tells me is underrated.

Yes he is clearly recognised as the best player at the Hawks but we are pretty much off Broadway these days with little free to air games for the broader public to watch him in action.

If he was playing in a competing side like the Pies or Port he would be more recognised for his unbelievable levels of talent and consistency.

Like I said its a left field nomination but I think it works.
Sicily is one of the best defenders I have ever seen. Blows me away every time I watch him

Sicily is one of the best defenders I have ever seen. Blows me away every time I watch him
Based on how we have gone since he was suspended he literally makes us a 6 goal better team when he plays (or a six goal worse when he doesn't).

He is a massive talent, the game comes so naturally to him.

He is so far and away the Hawks best player it's daylight to second (maybe Mitchell Lewis/ Will Day).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Supercoach is a much more reliable, and accurate rating of a players worth to said game.

Merrett (168) easily overtook Houston (156) whose score was inflated by that kick after the siren. Rozzee (141), Parish (131) and Farell (131) round out the top 5.

Thats just me but many amateurs will disagree.

Miers this season has semi-mastered the pass off/score-assist out of necessity from being too fearful of missing his shots on goal, he's 2.9 this season after going 47.25 in his first couple, so hardly worth rating at all. Hugh McCluggage does the same thing for Brisbane but at least he's a mid & not a small forward like Miers is meant to be.
Unfortunately some truth to this. Needs to take some responsibility for kicking goals

The lizard. He does everything. Lethal kick, electric pace, incredible drive off hb and unlike most other has, he is showcasing really strong defensive skills with his marking and spoiling.

Makes the occasional blue but you wear those from the guys who take the game on.
The Lizard's damn good, and fairly underrated amongst those not in the know. Would love to have him at the BL & would go as far to say it'd be game set match if we did.

Xavier O’Halloran seems be doing something good whenever I watch GWS

Adam Saad’s defensive game is underrated

Hayden Young is a classic ‘if he played for a big Vic team he’d be….’ operator

Dan Houston I reckon would be the one I'd pick from Port. Can't remember the last time he played a bad game
This post haunts me.

On a side note Zach Merrett is still underrated.
Gets 30 a week and they'll all hit a target. One of the best kicks in the league, excellent tackler and is great in a big moment.

Jack Lukosius is the most underrated player in the league for mine.

I'll nominate Ed Langdon.

Classy and reliable.

Fergus Greene, how has he not been getting a game lately..

Given his age I dare say he isnt a part of our long term plan. Very much the guy we have now while we try our younger players in the forward line.

Also, he had struggled to kick goals while Mitch Lewis was playing, with Lewis being by far our more important forward.

Given his age I dare say he isnt a part of our long term plan. Very much the guy we have now while we try our younger players in the forward line.

Also, he had struggled to kick goals while Mitch Lewis was playing, with Lewis being by far our more important forward.
Yes I did notice he struggled abit during rounds 7 & 8 I think it was. I thought he'd be somewhat taking Gunston's spot this year, he looks handy up fwd when he's switched on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back