Most underrated player

Most underrated

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Nathan jones is closer to overrated than underrated. If you're looking for an underrated Melbourne midfielder, see Dom Tyson. Incredible footballer. Of these guys, I'm going to have to vote for Dickson - 90 goals in the last two seasons, and is statistically the most clutch player in the competition, having the highest scoring accuracy when the margin in a game is less than 12 points.

Nathan jones is closer to overrated than underrated. If you're looking for an underrated Melbourne midfielder, see Dom Tyson. Incredible footballer. Of these guys, I'm going to have to vote for Dickson - 90 goals in the last two seasons, and is statistically the most clutch player in the competition, having the highest scoring accuracy when the margin in a game is less than 12 points.
Dickson for me as well. He can kick 3,4,5 goals without anyone taking notice. Kicked 4 in the prelim and 3 in the granny, barely got recognised by anyone. Also manages to bring his teamates into the game, which is what I love about him.

Jack Steven seems fairly underrated to me - he's way closer to the top echelon than people give him credit for. Liam Picken probably was underrated but his finals efforts has probably lifted him in the eyes of neutrals. Agree with the call for Dickson.

The others are mostly rated appropriately. Nathan Jones was underrated.........5 years ago!

Henderson, Naitanui, Pendlebury, Rioli, possibly J. Riewoldt are some names that come to mind. Maybe Hipwood but I'm less sure on the sentiment around him.

Rioli underrated....... you've got to be joking.

He's been an All-Australian player in his last 3 full seasons, won a Norm Smith and is only 27. He's gonna have one hell of a resume when he finishes up and I'm not sure a lot of people quite appreciate the level of player he has been.

He's been an All-Australian player in his last 3 full seasons, won a Norm Smith and is only 27. He's gonna have one hell of a resume when he finishes up and I'm not sure a lot of people quite appreciate the level of player he has been.
I'd like to think he gets quite a bit of recognition. Especially from Bruce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picken was underrated but people realise now.

Tory Dickson is certainly underrated. Averages 3 goals a game in finals, has a 50 goal season under his belt, kicks big goals when needed. Is also one of the best pressure forwards in a team that prides itself on pressure.

He's like Mark Le Cras with a bigger heart and defensive application.

In terms of one game being underrated: jack macrae's grand final was very good. Would have been one step below the norm smith field but not by much

On those in the poll, it's easily Jack Steven, because he's a genuine superstar that is a class or two above that company, yet doesn't get the recognition.

That's going a bit too far the other way. He's a very good player, certainly not a genuine superstar.

Rioli's one of those players who becomes so overrated (in this case due to Victorian hype/Bruce) that he eventually becomes under-appreciated. Funnily enough, I think most people rate him about right, now.

Back