Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brown

• Fevola

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Valuable meaning what?

If you mean money then Franklin. Easiest player out of those to market and he alone can draw a crowd.

If you mean as a good allround footballer then Roo.

If you mean footballer and leader then Brown.

Roughead. Kicks a hell of a lot of goals and takes a lot of pressure off one of the best forwards in the league.

Also - value is often definied as the amount of return you get on something relative to the cost (e.g that meal was great value!) in which case Rhan Hooper may turn out to be the best value forward (pick 58 in a slim draft) if he kicks 40+. That's tongue in cheek by the way, don't bother taking it too seriously.

But yeah, if you look at market value then I can't see people paying less for Buddy than any other forward. Riewoldt, Brown and maybe Pavlich might arguably better at this point, but the fact that Buddy has about 5 more years in him than those guys - and his marketability - would give him the highest market value.

Monetary value... Franklin

Value to their team... Reiwoldt. St Kilda wouldn't be anywhere near a premiership threat without him.

Its not that hard a question it just who you think is the MVP of the forwards out of the four given, which in turns means the best preformed forward at the moment

Its not that hard a question it just who you think is the MVP of the forwards out of the four given, which in turns means the best preformed forward at the moment
I think most valuable and best are different. The best is Riewoldt closely followed by Brown. The most valuable is Franklin by a country mile. I'd be willing to give up more draft picks or players at the trade table for Franklin. Age needs to be considered when talking about a players value.

Franklin has age on his side...so I guess it'd be him.
His 2009 wasn't nearly as good as his 2008, but the Roughead/Franklin forwardline would be valuable to any team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would have to take Franklin purely on his age.

Franklin is 22!!!

Fevola, Brown and Riewoldt are elite players but they are 29, 28 and 27 respectively. How good were they when they were 22? Franklin is so far from his peak it's not funny, yet he sits amoungst the best already.

When fully fit Steve Johnson is close to most valuable 'player' in the league, let alone most valuable forward.
Check out his 2009 form before he did his hip.

When fully fit Steve Johnson is close to most valuable 'player' in the league, let alone most valuable forward.
Check out his 2009 form before he did his hip.
Mate, S.Johnson is a great player, but he's not even close to the most valuable players in the league.

if you mean valuable as in the team needs that player the most then i would say riewoldt

because you can take franklin from hawthorn and we still have roughead

but if you take roo from saints you would need 2 more players to cover his workload

but on marketing it would be franklin he brings everyone to games no matter who he plays for

I rarely agree with Hawks supporters, but this is 100% spot on.

Ugh, I feel dirty ...
Stop standing so close to me. It's a two way street you know.

A key forward will always be more valuable than a mid/small forward.

I agree, but what about Paul Chapman, surely most would rate him in the top 5 for Most Valuable forwards in the AFL. Let's face it, if he was fit in the 08 GF, Geelong would have 3 flags in a row now, can't tell me that's not valuable.

Riewoldt was my vote though, more important to his team then any other single player in the game.

You would have to take Franklin purely on his age.

Franklin is 22!!!

Fevola, Brown and Riewoldt are elite players but they are 29, 28 and 27 respectively. How good were they when they were 22? Franklin is so far from his peak it's not funny, yet he sits amoungst the best already.

Riewoldt was MVP at 22.

Monetary value... Franklin

Value to their team... Reiwoldt. St Kilda wouldn't be anywhere near a premiership threat without him.

This. Riewoldt needs to have a stellar year for the Saints to have a great year. The other forwards can afford to have very good seasons and still see their team be successful.

Back