Baird

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Bailey Smith is the most valuable player in the league

Bailey Smith is the most valuable player in the league
Probably our MVP

If he doesn't s**t the bed and fumble the ball to Harmes in the GF maybe we don't get momentum and control of the game

May have ice I'm his veins but that quickly turns to water in the big dance

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Baird

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Probably our MVP

If he doesn't sh*t the bed and fumble the ball to Harmes I'm the GF maybe we dont get momentum and control of the game

Hilarious. You should be a comedian

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
lol the Bailey smith fumble is one of the most overstated mistakes I've heard in a game of footy. He stretched out one hand behind him whilst running and it fell out of his reach. People praise Brayshaw for his clutch goal but he owed us that goal due to his horrific skill errors moments earlier. 1st mistake he was delivering inside 50m and he had no joke about 8 dees players, all open, and he kicks it almost on the full. 10 seconds later, he gets the ball and has petracca open and he uses his left foot and grubs it 5m along the ground. He made up for it with the set shot, but we would've kicked a goal anyway if he could've just hit a target most under 14s could've done.

And then later on in the game he overcooked a handball that resulted in an inside 50m to the dogs and he also kicked another shot for goal on the full.

It just shows the difference between when you win and when you lose.

Andy_Mac

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 24, 2009
Torquay
AFL Club
Melbourne
Christian Petracca is already one of the best players to have ever played at the Melbourne Football Club. By careers end he may well be the greatest, time will tell, and as such there is not a version of the world where the club would willingly accept a trade. I'm sure tiger fans feel the same about Dusty and Dogs fans about Bont.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Christian Petracca is already one of the best players to have ever played at the Melbourne Football Club. By careers end he may well be the greatest, time will tell, and as such there is not a version of the world where the club would willingly accept a trade. I'm sure tiger fans feel the same about Dusty and Dogs fans about Bont.

His age would lower his value on the trade table though, compared to a 21 or 22 year old anyway.

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Ever heard of Robbie Flower?

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Fair enough, I was judging players on their value for next year.
If you could pick a player for next year only, it would be Dusty, Bont, Fyfe,Petracca imo.
Then you are in the wrong thread because this is about the most valuable players in the AFL which most certainly factors in the player's age.

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Disagree. He's 25, he has +7 years of elite football ahead of him. One day Walsh might be as good as him... Might.
I'm quite confident that Walsh will never be as good as Petracca.

I see 10+ years of Walsh at AA level.

But I think he is an early developer who is already approaching his peak. Don't think he will ever become a top 5 player in the comp. This year will be one of his highest brownlow standings in awhile (I don't think anyone thinks he was top 5 this year either). He's just not the type of player who can change the game off his own boot.

For the same reason I also don't rate Nick Daicos that highly either. You just can't call yourself a top 5/top 10 mid when you're not elite in the PRIMARY ROLE of a midfielder that is winning the ball in the middle and generating clearances.

The best players nowadays need to have (1) Ability to win contested footy (2) Ability to leverage speed into meaningful clearances (3) Ability to go forward and kick goals

Patrick Dangerfield's 2017 season was the greatest year I've seen any player have in the last 10 years, and if he was in a Brownlow friendly environment (#1 mid, another less player takes the tag, etc.) he would've broken the Brownlow record as well.

Last edited:

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Probably our MVP

If he doesn't sh*t the bed and fumble the ball to Harmes I'm the GF maybe we dont get momentum and control of the game

Had like 7 goals and and 70 touches over the previous two games, no?

Wasn't allowed to train prior to the gf in your asterix flag

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm quite confident that Walsh will never be as good as Petracca.

I see 10+ years of Walsh at AA level.

But I think he is an early developer who is already approaching his peak. Don't think he will ever become a top 5 player in the comp. This year will be one of his highest brownlow standings in awhile (I don't think anyone thinks he was top 5 this year either). He's just not the type of player who can change the game off his own boot.

For the same reason I also don't rate Nick Daicos that highly either. You just can't call yourself a top 5/top 10 mid when you're not elite in the PRIMARY ROLE of a midfielder that is winning the ball in the middle and generating clearances.

The best players nowadays need to have (1) Ability to win contested footy (2) Ability to leverage speed into meaningful clearances (3) Ability to go forward and kick goals

Patrick Dangerfield's 2017 season was the greatest year I've seen any player have in the last 10 years, and if he was in a Brownlow friendly environment (#1 mid, another less player takes the tag, etc.) he would've broken the Brownlow record as well.

Dangers 17 was better than dusty?

I agree danger is a great player and underrated sort of. Watching him live freak

Free agency and lifetime free agency has hugely limited the trade value of mature players, unless they've played for two clubs and not made it to free agency at either.

Clubs just flat out refuse to trade them under contract because they can't be replaced and other clubs won't offer the big trade because next year they are literally free.

So it's just the highly rated juniors, who have big profiles in Melbourne, that will draw a huge trade bounty.

Had like 7 goals and and 70 touches over the previous two games, no?

Wasn't allowed to train prior to the gf in your asterix flag
So he is good in finals but s**t in the big dance?

They could train before the grand final too

Back