Mother to be charged with the murder and attempted murder of two young sons

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like it happened in a terrible painful way as well. Whatever the non religious version of praying for that five year old to turn up alive is I am doing. It seems like a very remote chance of that happening though.

The possible alleged use of a dog to inflict damage on the child is extremely twisted and disturbing.

EDIT: A different article I had read left out details about the dog and only mentioned severe dog bite related injuries.

Last edited:

Sounds like it happened in a terrible painful way as well. Whatever the non religious version of praying for that five year old to turn up alive is I am doing. It seems like a very remote chance of that happening though.

The possible alleged use of a dog to inflict damage on the child is extremely twisted and disturbing.
The dog belonged to someone else and reportedly tried to rescue the nine year old.

Makes a little more sense. Was hard to imagine how it would have unfolded in the other scenario.

Seems without the dog jumping in first the older boy could have been lost under the water, I hope it's recognised and the dog isn't put under orders ... and they find the other little boy. What a despicable thing to do.

Heard on the radio that the dog got involved because of what was unfolding between the child and the mother - sounds like a struggle and the dog tried to intervene.

Really hoping that the five year old is found, but it is getting less likely.

What a horrible thing for a child to experience, their mother trying to kill them, if an incident like that is not going to F*** up a kid, i don't know what would.

Heard on the radio that the dog got involved because of what was unfolding between the child and the mother - sounds like a struggle and the dog tried to intervene.

What a horrible thing for a child to experience, their mother trying to kill them, if an incident like that is not going to F*** up a kid, i don't know what would.

The same is reported here:

She then allegedly travelled more than 70 kilometres from Deniliquin to a part of the Murray River near Moama, on the NSW-Victoria border.

As she was allegedly attempting to drown her sons, a pit bull dog belonging to a nearby resident was somehow alerted to the commotion and became involved.

It is understood the nine-year-old boy sustained several dog bites but it allowed him to escape the water.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/b...ed-by-dog-woman-arrested-20170302-gupsfk.html

Poor kid, kind of trauma that will likely need managing over a lifetime.

Easy to misunderstand what dogs are doing sometimes, no other way for this dog to help really when the only tool it has is teeth but the proof that's what it was doing is that the dog went in in the first place, it wouldn't simply to attack two people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems without the dog jumping in first the older boy could have been lost under the water, I hope it's recognised and the dog isn't put under orders ... and they find the other little boy. What a despicable thing to do.

The dog bit the mother didn't it?

Deserves a ******* medal.

How good are dogs.

What? The child had to be taken to Hospital. Dogs like that breed who do that damage shouldn't be anywhere near humans. They are not domestic animals.

Although ironically it may have helped save the 9 yo but may inadvertently have fatally injured him.
Bloody hell, how could a mother attempt to drown her own two kids.

The world is F****d

More common than reported sadly. But you are right the world is ****ed. I don't know how this happens but it does.

We have very real problems in our society.

Woman are more likely to kill their own children than men.....that's a statistical fact!

Those poor kids have had a pretty Shiite life I'd imagine......she only got out of jail a month ago fir violent offences.

Woman are more likely to kill their own children than men.....that's a statistical fact!

Those poor kids have had a pretty Shiite life I'd imagine......she only got out of jail a month ago fir violent offences.

Statistically true.

Obviously a lot more complex and violence exists on all sides but reporting on these issues is not the full picture.

If given the horrific circumstances some live under in this country why do we have a breed at all costs mentality? If deep down a woman doesn't want children abort. Why the stigma?

What? The child had to be taken to Hospital. Dogs like that breed who do that damage shouldn't be anywhere near humans. They are not domestic animals.

Although ironically it may have helped save the 9 yo but may inadvertently have fatally injured him.

More common than reported sadly. But you are right the world is ******. I don't know how this happens but it does.

We have very real problems in our society.
Read back more than one post maybe...

"THE mother of a boy saved by a dog from drowning in the Murray River is facing a charge of attempted murder, as police continue the desperate search for his missing younger brother.

Buddy the dog intervened as the nine-year-old boy was allegedly being drowned in the Murray River, at Moama on the New South Wales-Victoria border late yesterday, in an incident described by a senior officer as “tragic”.

The children’s mother, who was bitten by the dog, was arrested in Echuca last night. ..."

EDIT: Oops, you're a Collingwood supporter so get someone to read it to you.

EDIT2: Then go and brush your gums.

Read back more than one post maybe...

"THE mother of a boy saved by a dog from drowning in the Murray River is facing a charge of attempted murder, as police continue the desperate search for his missing younger brother.

Buddy the dog intervened as the nine-year-old boy was allegedly being drowned in the Murray River, at Moama on the New South Wales-Victoria border late yesterday, in an incident described by a senior officer as “tragic”.

The children’s mother, who was bitten by the dog, was arrested in Echuca last night. ..."

EDIT: Oops, you're a Collingwood supporter so get someone to read it to you.

EDIT2: Then go and brush your gums.

Edit 3: Get ****ed pal and read the post. More important than a rant about dogs.

Statistically true.

Obviously a lot more complex and violence exists on all sides but reporting on these issues is not the full picture.

If given the horrific circumstances some live under in this country why do we have a breed at all costs mentality? If deep down a woman doesn't want children abort. Why the stigma?
That's a whole other issue.
This woman has a history of viloent behaviour as indicated by her recent release from jail for other violent offences, so this is not a one off for her. If the police version of events are to be believed, this was premeditated.
The woman is a nasty piece of work, but somehow I suspect feminists and special interest groups in the coming weeks will try to portray her as some kind of victim.
As I said women are more likely to harm their own children than men, but when men commit these kind of offences they are portrayed as monsters.....whilst woman are portrayed as desperate, lacking in support or at their wits end. I hope that doesn't happen.
The truth is being a s**t horrible person isn't limited to what gender you are.....both sexes can be equally callous.
I hope she's treated accordingly.....I get pretty angry when I hear this kind of stuff happen to kids.

Last edited:
That's a whole other issue.
This woman has a history of viloent behaviour as indicated by her recent release from jail for other violent offences, so this is not a one off fir her, and if the police version of events is to be believed, thus was premeditated.
The woman is a nasty piece of work, but somehow I suspect feminists and special interest groups in the coming weeks will try to portray her as some kind of victim.
As I said women are more likely to harm their own children than men, but when men commit these kind of offences they are portrayed as monsters.....where woman are portrayed as desperate, lacking in support or at their wits end. I hope that doesn't happen.
The truth is being a s**t horrible person isn't limited to what gender you are.....both sexes can be equally callous.
I hope she's treated accordingly.....I get pretty angry when I hear this kind of stuff happen to kids.

We all get angry and very true the story is always skewed one very biased way.

But these things are not independent of culture. The feminists etc no doubt will try and muddy the waters but we are only owed the truth.

Truth is thou we have very real inequalities and problems in society that have no hope of being addressed while we continue this bullshit of trying to kiss up and kick down and leave the most vulnerable to rot.

The rot eventually creeps everywhere and right now society is simply decaying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back