Motivation - Blight-style

Remove this Banner Ad

ozgeek

Debutant
Jun 21, 2001
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
He's at it again ! He's failed to get St. Kilda going all season so it's time to tell the club how useless it is and threaten all the players with sacking. How typical ! Pitman copped the brunt very early in the 1997 season and Connell got both barrels in 1999. Doesn't this man know any other way to motivate players than by denigration and threats.

You can do your damnest Blighty but you won't kid the Crows. You'll be very sorry when Friday night's match is over <great !!>

:) :) :)

Originally posted by Bloodstained Angel
saints fans - stay tuned to the next installment, due about May next season

"Malcolm Blight is tired of football"

cheers

It's only a matter of time. Saints fans will get off lucky if he doesn't trade one of your best players first.

cheers

bsa, you more than anyone should know that living in adelaide is a hard task that can only be tolerated for a couple of years at most, to all sane people anyway. the fact malcolm stayed for as long as he did is a small miracle, but once he realised that he had to leave because of the small town mentality of the local population, he left straight away and fair enough to. :D

i don't care what motivation blighty uses to get the boys a win friday night, as long as they win. i'm already planning where to celebrate. clarendon st, port melbourne maybe, finbars hmmm where do the crows supporters go after a melbourne game, wouldn't mind dropping in and giving them absolute hell. i'll certainly be reminding them of who is the current coach of the saints and ask what they think of their great coach ayres, he's exciting isn't he? no. :rolleyes:

You seem pretty confident there STL, care to give us a margin of victory?? Could you also give us a run down of where you are going to win it, who is going to play well, etc?? I'd love to find out how you are going to take the points. :)

Remember 97 STL

Originally posted by StrengthThroughLoyalty

bsa, you more than anyone should know that living in adelaide is a hard task that can only be tolerated for a couple of years at most, to all sane people anyway. the fact malcolm stayed for as long as he did is a small miracle, but once he realised that he had to leave because of the small town mentality of the local population, he left straight away and fair enough to. :D

i don't care what motivation blighty uses to get the boys a win friday night, as long as they win. i'm already planning where to celebrate. clarendon st, port melbourne maybe, finbars hmmm where do the crows supporters go after a melbourne game, wouldn't mind dropping in and giving them absolute hell. i'll certainly be reminding them of who is the current coach of the saints and ask what they think of their great coach ayres, he's exciting isn't he? no. :rolleyes:

Ah yes....How could one forget the distant small town mentality THAT Day...:D Malcolm may be a good coach, but he's schitzoid as well.
He'll cleave the club up next year on the premise that he needs new blood (to feed his "youth teaching" ego) and then fall on his sword agin after puttin you all thru the wringer...HAHAhaha

Good Luck Spoonster!!:eek:

I'm glad we got rid of Malcolm. He did nothing for us. Gary Ayres is a breath of fresh air and his usage of Darren Jarman since the start of 2000 has been first class.

Go Gary!

Originally posted by ant
You seem pretty confident there STL, care to give us a margin of victory?? Could you also give us a run down of where you are going to win it, who is going to play well, etc?? I'd love to find out how you are going to take the points. :)

ant, as soon as friday arrives my brain switches from the usual intelligent logical side to an irrational deluded thought pattern, especially where the saints are concerned. i have to learn to place my bets and tips between mondays and thursdays because my hip pocket is hurting due to bets made b/w the days of friday and sunday. :D

i honestly believe we can win this game but it will depend on the at***ude of the saints players. the motivation for the saints players should be heightened for this game as we have been in the print/electronic media all week with a lot of negative stories. today the age have devoted the first two pages of the sports section to a robert walls article that bags the club by saying that blight's performance to date was crap and that the 'overpriced' recruits have been virtually useless.

the players will also be buoyed by the return of jason cripps. he is a popular member of the squad and everyone admires the way he has overcome all his set backs through hard work, determination and sheer will power. the debut of two young men will add to the excitement of the team. reiwoldt finally gets his chance and i haven't heard as many rave reviews from people in the know at the club about a young player, before he has even played a game. oliver is a 19 year old ruckman with a 'jeff white' leap. he has been very impressive playing in the vfl and dominated the early part of the season so much that he made a combined vfl side in front of a lot of very experienced big men.

i realise desire and motivation don't actually kick goals but hall and everitt do. if oliver can hold his own in the ruck against clarke, everitt will go to full forward where your mob will be stretched to cover both him and hall. this will free up hamill as the 3rd forward who is capable of kicking mulitple goals and with his attack on the footy can create opportunities for the like's of callahan and powell. the crows have no one capable of exploiting our lack of height in defense. if robran goes forward gehrig will thrash him and combined with jones, peckett and young create run out of the back line, jones can be extremeley dangerous with his penetrating disposal. max has played on jarman before and should limit any influence he has on the game.

obviously the outcome of the game will be influenced by the output of the midfielders and this is where your mob have an advantage in experience, cl*** and skill. mcleod, goodwin, roo and johnson are all talented and effective players so thompson, baker, beetham, voss and callahan will have to play out of their skins to cover them as well as providing drive for us.

its great for saint supporters to see so many young blokes in the side. koschitzke, beetham, reiwoldt, oliver, begley and baker are all 20 or under and are the future of the club, a win tonight will help their development tremendously. for us to win the game all our players have to increase their intensity and output, everyone has to contribute. the crows will not want to take us lightly tonight because if they drop off a fraction they are vulnerable for a loss. a touch of blighty magic somewhere during the game combined with a hungry saints side should see us over the line by 17 points.

well thats my rambling raving preview for the week, i will be back here tomorrow to tell you all i told you so. ;)

good luck
the best side will win

LOL, well done STL, a wonderfully objective preview of tonight's match. If all goes to plan for your side as you have outlined then you can very easily take the 4 points. There is no way that we'll take you lightly, we have too much respect for Blighty (as a coach), he has pulled a few tricks before and we're expecting some more tonight.

After reading that I'm starting to feel immensely worried that the Saints might just get up. Well we'll find out soon I suppose.... :)

i realise desire and motivation don't actually kick goals but hall and everitt do. if oliver can hold his own in the ruck against clarke, everitt will go to full forward where your mob will be stretched to cover both him and hall. this will free up hamill as the 3rd forward who is capable of kicking mulitple goals and with his attack on the footy can create opportunities for the like's of callahan and powell. the crows have no one capable of exploiting our lack of height in defense. if robran goes forward gehrig will thrash him and combined with jones, peckett and young create run out of the back line, jones can be extremeley dangerous with his penetrating disposal. max has played on jarman before and should limit any influence he has on the game.

obviously the outcome of the game will be influenced by the output of the midfielders and this is where your mob have an advantage in experience, cl*** and skill. mcleod, goodwin, roo and johnson are all talented and effective players so thompson, baker, beetham, voss and callahan will have to play out of their skins to cover them as well as providing drive for us.

its great for saint supporters to see so many young blokes in the side. koschitzke, beetham, reiwoldt, oliver, begley and baker are all 20 or under and are the future of the club, a win tonight will help their development tremendously. for us to win the game all our players have to increase their intensity and output, everyone has to contribute. the crows will not want to take us lightly tonight because if they drop off a fraction they are vulnerable for a loss. a touch of blighty magic somewhere during the game combined with a hungry saints side should see us over the line by 17 points.

well thats my rambling raving preview for the week, i will be back here tomorrow to tell you all i told you so. ;)

good luck
the best side will win

Well, just about zilch of that came true STL, so thanks very much :)

Everitt was shocking, thrashed big time in the ruck by Clarke and Marsh.

Jars was just special, and popped up in the second and fourth quarters for 6 goals. So much for Hudgton limiting him :)

I don't know about Jones and Peckett's run off the backline but what about Hart and Stevens!! Stevo nearly kicked more goals than Hall from the half back line. :)

Oh, and that Blighty magic was nowhere to be seen tonight, I loved the footage of Blighty in the coaches box, tearing out whatever hair he had left....thanks Malcolm for all the memories and good luck in the future at the Saints :D ;)

Now seriously, for all the Saints fans, you were depleted and played a lot of kids, so I don't want too get carried away, but you were dead set flogged tonight, it's an indictment I reckon that a bloke who hasn't played for 3 years was your best player. Oh well, you'll be back, but it was sweet tonight for Crows fans to see Blighty's new team get smashed, oh how wonderful it was.... :D

GO CROWS!!

cheers

You were close mate! just off the money! :D :D

Whats this bout Macca being a saint, the way there heading they couldnt even convince Tim Elliot to stay at Moorabin next year:D

Re: your mob are just a class above

back to the drawing board for mal. :confused:

Nah more like "head back to the golf course you useless prick" :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back