Motlop --- good choice/fit for the Crows? (chooses Port)

Do you want AFC to do their best to get Motlop?

• Yes

Votes: 133 50.4%
  • No

Votes: 55 20.8%
  • Meh

Votes: 76 28.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
I don't want him near our best 22 ever again because his lack of commitment to the ball when it is there to be won is clearly noticed by other Geelong players and it definitely affects their attitude as well.
Good to know, but the deal-makers are probably aware of this too.
Thanks for the input. :thumbsu:

Jul 17, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
I thought about that every time I watched him play. He has resting-unhappy-face.
Always seemed to me like he was angry or on the verge of it.
Maybe, just maybe, his PF performance was after he'd made his decision and he played like a champ with a free-er, happier mindset?
For the first time all season it may have been his last game so just gave it everything.

I think his effort was decent in the GF considering most of his teammates were pathetic.

Jul 17, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Crows are a 5% chance for Motlop, we all know it despite the ridiculous tweets from Cornes and co to set up the inevitable Port gloating.

Only real threat to Port is the AFL Suns but wow things must be desperate if they are paying a guy like Motlop extra just to get him up there.

CrowBloke

May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
Come on dude. Adelaide a bloody great place to live. Look at today, perfect. Sure the winters are s**t here but there are worse places to live in the world. The major drawback of adelade is the job situation but it has great food, weather and beaches.
:thumbsu:
Mate, I agree. Our economy is rooted, power supply/cost is too, and business confidence is low, but I love Adelaide. Today's a great example and April/May are just glorious :rainbow:. I even love the stinking hot Summers and cold Winters.
However, if CC's partner is not happy it's understandable that he'd move.

CrowBloke

May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
Given our circumstances and their circumstances we should be heavily involved in everything since we have the best trade value to fascilitate what the other clubs are trying to do.
Get creative crows, don’t put all your eggs in one basket like we did with Gibbs last yr.
Yes!
It'd be great to see the traders learn from their mistakes and be pro-active.
Rockliff would've been a good get, but prefers Port. Meh, his loss.
Getting Gibbs and Motlop would be positive additions.
But if the environment we built around him, the love from Eddie, the stupid celebration he and the captain Tex do after either of them score a goal isn’t enough for him to want to stay, good luck to the club who get him next.
Yeah, all good points.
Must be partner- and family-related, eh?

cammo6556

Cancelled
10k Posts Baghdad Bombers - Sweet F.A. BeanCoiNFT Investor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Oct 10, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Friday this week...then there's still a 3 day matching period for RFA's.
Ah bugger. Was under the impression it was a three day thing preceding trade week.
Cheers

CrowBloke

May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
A partner not supportive of your career is only going to lead to tears. We also have maccas still working with us. I have no doubts about our culture. Meanwhile the mob down the road are attacking policemen.
Please don't get me wrong, I despise PA and all things related to PA, but this is a bit unfair.
The case is sub judice, and the player and his club have asked not to be judged before the event. Innocent, until proven guilty. Fair enough, too.
Most players take the "no comment" stance, most often when they're in the wrong. I respect that Ryder asked not to be pre-judged.

Having said that, if he's proven guilty then he's a lying fake.

Last edited:

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
:thumbsu:
Mate, I agree. Our economy is rooted, power supply/cost is too, and business confidence is low, but I love Adelaide. Today's a great example and April/May are just glorious :rainbow:. I even love the stinking hot Summers and cold Winters.
However, if CC's partner is not happy it's understandable that he'd move.
May actually want to check your business confidence stats...I wouldn't just rely on a Steven Marshall quote

douglyzia

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
The last Motlop Port recruited didn't work out so well and turned out to be a bit of a joke.

Like I said earlier, the Motlop name is synonymous with talent coupled with laziness and mediocrity. If he joins the Crows (and he probably won't), I'll be hoping like hell he'll prove everyone wrong.

Oct 21, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Please don't get me wrong, I despise PA and all things related to PA, but this is a bit unfair.
The case is sub judice, and the player and his club have asked not to be judged before the event. Innocent, until proven guilty. Fair enough, too.
Most players take the "no comment" stance, most often when they're in the wrong. I respect that Ryder asked not to be pre-judged.

Having said that, if he's proven guilty then he's a lying fake.

If this sort of thing happened to our players, I'd bet that Rucci and other Port sycophants would happily ignore any presumption of innocence and be first in line demanding that they be stood down or sacked.

This year alone Impey, Krakouer and now Ryder have had run ins with the law, yet apparently we are the club with a culture problem due to not being able to retain players.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
So the narrative from Cornes is that Motlop wants to go to Port, but we've offered more and he wants Port to match.

I can't see how either club would be happy with this scenario.

Cornes is making s**t up.
It puts Port in an easy win situation. He comes to us and he can say he's going for the cash, goes to Port and he'll say Port didn't match our $ and he's going cause they're awesome.

500K isn't the worst. Mackay is on his last year and we're paying him 400K. Might as well get a replacement now.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Reluctantly voted yes

Motlop is a good player of the kind we need. Fast, outside, breaks lines and in full flight hard to stop

But he is lazy & unaccountable, and I don’t believe we’d have been into him all year long. Rather with Lever leaving there is cash, and we decided to spend it on him because he’s there

The problem with Motlop, as I’ve posted before, is that he can really play. That makes his flakiness even harder to stomach. He’s really good, when on.

however he is a very talented player of need, and what would be truly intolerable is having the money and not spending it. Cap space front loaded doesn’t help the team

I’d rather spend it to get a good player, than roll it over. Again!

Bird in the hand

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I find it odd that we might have to pay motlop in the order of $600k + to land him as a free agent, yet we were reluctant to pay a guy who was on our list that coin from the start who we drafted knowing he missed the year with a knee recon and has become the best young defender in the league..this one does not sit well

Is that you BT?

Lever is nothing like the best young defender in the league.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
His team has achieved, that doesn't change his evaluation as an individual player.

He has NEVER worked defensively and therefore is not an upgrade to Cameron for us because that is what we need Cameron for.

We have more than enough offensive weapons that don't work defensively thanks.

Not sure if you’re being serious.

He’s a line breaking game changer, who can rack up 30 touches and kick a couple.

He was runner up in the 2015 B&F, a whisker from winning it

His best is not the question.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Geelong don't want him.

Not sure about that. I think he just feels he needs a new situation, hence the entertaining of a few different clubs

http://m.geelongcats.com.au/news/2017-09-18/danger-backs-mots

http://m.geelongcats.com.au/news/2017-09-25/scott-keen-for-mots-to-stay

Scott said he wanted Motlop to stay at Geelong beyond this year.

"It needs to be played out and there are people at our club who should be the spokesperson for this even ahead of me," Scott told Fox Footy on Monday night.

"But this is one of the rare occasions I'll talk about what I want – and I sincerely hope that he's a Geelong player next year.

"I'm not sure how I can be any more emphatic than that, and Steve knows that."

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not sure if you’re being serious.

He’s a line breaking game changer, who can rack up 30 touches and kick a couple.

He was runner up in the 2015 B&F, a whisker from winning it

His best is not the question.

None of which contradicts my statement that he has no defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back