Motlop --- good choice/fit for the Crows? (chooses Port)

Do you want AFC to do their best to get Motlop?

• Yes

Votes: 133 50.4%
  • No

Votes: 55 20.8%
  • Meh

Votes: 76 28.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not overly keen, OK. Fair enough, but ---

o_O ??
If the Crows are bidding for Motlop (as yet unconfirmed by AFC), Pyke won't give Blighty's rat's tossbag about what you "forbid".
Was reading quite the enthralling book at the time, and decided to qoute Steinbeck directly. I obviously can't forbid anything haha, just taking the piss with a throwaway.

Worrh the risk as he will justbcost salary

Obviously has talent just searching for consistency

New team, game plan, clear role within a program that will force him to work hard could be the tonic to unlock that consistency

Watch a game earlier this year where he tore Hawthorn a new one, if he can play that level week in week out he would be bloody good

I think the culture Betts has help to create with out indigenous boys would also help Motlop's footy

Lever's gone. Better this, better that, is irrelevant. No way were the Crows going to get close to the reported 850K/year which is waaaay overs for him, too.
Staying

Oh, * * *

Lazy frontrunner. Turns up to preaseason training fat. Cats supporters hate him etc. etc.

Would be better suited at Port.

Guys, Motlop's best is scintillating, his worst is embarrassing. Definitely has X factor and knows where the goals are.

Yeah right. I've been the Geelong board and your fans ******* hate the guy and can't wait to see him leave.

Yeah I really don't care or see a need for Motlop. Cameron isn't playing a position you need to spend big to replace and really we're pretty ok outside wise.

Depends on salary I suppose but this deal doesn't make much sense, if any really if we offer Motlop some seriois coin.

Lazy frontrunner. Turns up to preaseason training fat. Cats supporters hate him etc. etc.

Would be better suited at Port.
Could not be any lazier than Jenkins. Go and watch the prelim and see who was one of Geelongs best. He also doesnt run back to Qld in a premiership window like a little bitch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could not be any lazier than Jenkins. Go and watch the prelim and see who was one of Geelongs best. He also doesnt run back to Qld in a premiership window like a little bitch.

You won't find many people defending Jenkins.

But having one lazy front runner on your list is NOT a good excuse to get another.

You won't find many people defending Jenkins.

But having one lazy front runner on your list is NOT a good excuse to get another.
Agree, never said we should keep Jenkins. Regardless of his contract, he would be gone asap after that gf performance.

I started this thread with the comment:
I'd be happy if the Crows got him.
now I'm not so sure. :(
Based on the posts since:
1) as many have said, might be a PA-Kornes fuelled ruse/bluff.
2) certainly depends on the $s.
3) if he turns up for pre-season overweight and is soft tackling- and pressure-wise, we can do without, keep our draft picks then bank the $s on a local kid with talent, intent, team-first mentality, hunger and mongrel --- and wants to be a one-club Crows player.

Any out there? <== serious question.

Sorry for the intrusion, Motlop is a Restricted Free Agent, however I can't see Geelong matching any offers. I've heard Adelaide and Port's offers would give Geelong a Band 2 compo (end of 1st rnd). Make of that what you will.
Would cats be happy with that trade ? Remembering you kinda underpaid for #35....

I really don't like lazy footballers (hence my dislike for Jenkins) and motlop falls into that category as well. I'm sure the geelong supporters will be laughing their asses off if we get Motlop.

We are on a loser to nothing with the Port flogs
If he goes to Port, he will be choosing culture according to them. If we are actually after him and he chooses us, he's gone for money not culture
They love the fact we lost the GF but my message to them is "119 points says hello" and they were the only home club to lose a final this year !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back