• Yes

Votes: 64 28.1%
  • No

Votes: 84 36.8%
  • Only For The Right Price

Votes: 80 35.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I know he's not the most popular player on our list and even for me he's extremely frustrating but this isn't a player who just has a couple of the tools to be a good footballer.

For example, I think the hawks have picked up a guy like Vickery because he is built like a tall forward and occasionally has a decent set of hands. His absolute premium football makes him a capable option who can average a couple of goals a game if the service is good. Nothing more. A gap filler, as the current term seems to be.

Motlop doesn't have the speed or the build or the skills of a capable footballer - he has the attributes of a match winner, a gun. That's why I don't want to lose him. A) he can be a star for us at his best. B) I don't want him becoming that star somewhere else. It's a big risk letting him go because in addition to what we lose, he's just as likely to pop up in a prelim or something and cut us to pieces

According to H.S. Mots had talks with Richmond this week. Not sure I want the Delidio swap but it may happen.

Well after they give up pick 6 for Prestia their next pick is 40 odd so can't see a trade being for draft picks unless they get some back off the Suns.

If he goes then we should be chasing Tom Mitchell rather than Lids. Would probably cost the same salary wise but one has a few years left and the other has a whole career left to play out.

I know he's not the most popular player on our list and even for me he's extremely frustrating but this isn't a player who just has a couple of the tools to be a good footballer.

For example, I think the hawks have picked up a guy like Vickery because he is built like a tall forward and occasionally has a decent set of hands. His absolute premium football makes him a capable option who can average a couple of goals a game if the service is good. Nothing more. A gap filler, as the current term seems to be.

Motlop doesn't have the speed or the build or the skills of a capable footballer - he has the attributes of a match winner, a gun. That's why I don't want to lose him. A) he can be a star for us at his best. B) I don't want him becoming that star somewhere else. It's a big risk letting him go because in addition to what we lose, he's just as likely to pop up in a prelim or something and cut us to pieces

Really well said. I agree 100% and think that you back your coaching staff to get the best out of a bloke like this, you don't get rid of him.

Well after they give up pick 6 for Prestia their next pick is 40 odd so can't see a trade being for draft picks unless they get some back off the Suns.

If he goes then we should be chasing Tom Mitchell rather than Lids. Would probably cost the same salary wise but one has a few years left and the other has a whole career left to play out.

Yeah I wouldn't be happy with the straight swap for Lids. At their best Lids and Motlop are stars, but the former has maybe two years left in him and our Mots has half a decade or more.

Motlop needs to have the hard word put on him to take it to another level. He will either do it or he never will and we can then move on. Hopefuly it would have a positive effect!

Remember reading after Bundy went north apparently Selwood told him a few home truths about how he needs to work harder to make it as an AFL footballer and Bundy cracked it and left. Maybe something similar was said to Motlop in his exit interview which led him to meeting with Richmond during the week. After all, Motlop said he was happy to be at Geelong on his way into the meeting. Might've been singing a different tune if they asked him on his way out...

Remember reading after Bundy went north apparently Selwood told him a few home truths about how he needs to work harder to make it as an AFL footballer and Bundy cracked it and left. Maybe something similar was said to Motlop in his exit interview which led him to meeting with Richmond during the week. After all, Motlop said he was happy to be at Geelong on his way into the meeting. Might've been singing a different tune if they asked him on his way out...
He was happy at Geelong is the usual rhetoric when asked that question. He's body language and demeanour suggests he's anything but.

And who could blame him.

He was happy at Geelong is the usual rhetoric when asked that question. He's body language and demeanour suggests he's anything but.

And who could blame him.
Exactly.

He would have it so much better being in Brissie or on the Gold Coast.

We know what a superior club Richmond are, no wonder he is interested in moving there.

Perhaps he could head to Freo - I'm sure he would really get along with Ross.

Imagine how respected he would be by Hodgey and Co if he was at the Hawks.

Maybe he wishes he was at * during 2011/12?

Or perhaps his dream club is Melbourne. He would love the winter snow trips being a Darwin boy, and I am sure he would never tire of all that winning.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Exactly.

He would have it so much better being in Brissie or on the Gold Coast.

We know what a superior club Richmond are, no wonder he is interested in moving there.

Perhaps he could head to Freo - I'm sure he would really get along with Ross.

Imagine how respected he would be by Hodgey and Co if he was at the Hawks.

Maybe he wishes he was at * during 2011/12?

Or perhaps his dream club is Melbourne. He would love the winter snow trips being a Darwin boy, and I am sure he would never tier of all that winning.

:rolleyes:
I was talking about the way he was treated by supporters this year.

If he is offeneded by the way Cats fans treat him he wouldn't want to go anywhere near Richmond...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he is offeneded by the way Cats fans treat him he wouldn't want to go anywhere near Richmond...
He'll find that out the hard way then. :D

WE've seen how well they treat something that costs them a few hundo that performs badly...

Imagine what they'd do to something that cost 500k..:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Wont end well.

GO Catters

Because fans were frustrated at watching his lazy efforts? Jogging around and not having a crack? Everyone knows what Motlop is capable of, we hardly see it but, that's why we get annoyed.

Spin it anyway you want, Motlop doesn't want to do the hard things, and he's a player who simply won't win a premiership in his career, you don't win them with guys like him who pick and choose when to show up.

Because fans were frustrated at watching his lazy efforts? Jogging around and not having a crack? Everyone knows what Motlop is capable of, we hardly see it but, that's why we get annoyed.

Spin it anyway you want, Motlop doesn't want to do the hard things, and he's a player who simply won't win a premiership in his career, you don't win them with guys like him who pick and choose when to show up.
So our coach is a liar?

So our coach is a liar?
No, he has put it on record some of motlops efforts have not been up to standard, but these instances are in the minority. I like Steve, however he held out for more coin at the end of last year, came back overweight and put in some questionable performances. If he doesn't expect the heat to come for this he is an idiot.
Even bomber has said you need to treat mots with kid gloves, well maybe now the club has had enough and given him a serve. We are a better team with him in full flight but if he doesn't like it adiós.

Exactly. Can you imagine the Bulldogs allowing a player to slack off as much as he does? At least they had the guts to show some leadership and drop Stringer, made every player want to fight for their spot, they were all manic.

We need some brutal calls to be made. Unfortunately, Scott made the wrong ones.

Back