• Yes

Votes: 64 28.1%
  • No

Votes: 84 36.8%
  • Only For The Right Price

Votes: 80 35.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It looks like everyone wins out of this.

Richmond: Gain: Prestia + Motlop, Lose: 1st Round pick, Deledio, player (Lennon?)
GFC: Gain: Deledio + late 1st Round Pick (from GC), Lose: Mots + GHS
GC: Gain: GHS, 1st Round Pick (from Rich) + Richmond player (Lennon) lose: Prestia + late first round pick

I still don't think GC are 100% winning out of this though...

GC would laugh at whoever offered them that one.

It looks like everyone wins out of this.

Richmond: Gain: Prestia + Motlop, Lose: 1st Round pick, Deledio, player (Lennon?)
GFC: Gain: Deledio + late 1st Round Pick (from GC), Lose: Mots + GHS
GC: Gain: GHS, 1st Round Pick (from Rich) + Richmond player (Lennon) lose: Prestia + late first round pick

I still don't think GC are 100% winning out of this though...
I think GC are an absolute mess!
They were given just as much as GWS only they wanted to win straight away, whereas GWS went through some pain early on and now they are setup better than any club EVER IMO.

GC are lucky most of their spine(apart from Dixon) are still there but they wouldn't want to f*** up this next draft otherwise they might pull the curtain down.

no s**t sherlock. Suns will give us pick 8 for Motlop and we may have to give up someone on the fringes like a GHS or Murdoch as well but it's worth it. We don't need Deledio either. We ain't getting to another grand final for at least 5 years so may as well develop a young ruck and/or key forward in the meantime.
Should probably trade Dangerfield now while he's still got some currency if that's the case.

no s**t sherlock. Suns will give us pick 8 for Motlop and we may have to give up someone on the fringes like a GHS or Murdoch as well but it's worth it. We don't need Deledio either. We ain't getting to another grand final for at least 5 years so may as well develop a young ruck and/or key forward in the meantime.

Should probably trade Dangerfield now while he's still got some currency if that's the case.

And Joel, Scott Selwood, Hawkins and Henderson.

Suns will trade 8 for hanley i think.

If Geelong lost Motlop as a free agent next year, to get compensation they wouldn't be able to take a free agent in themselves. Are there any free agents in 2017 that Geelong could have their eye on?

If Geelong lost Motlop as a free agent next year, to get compensation they wouldn't be able to take a free agent in themselves. Are there any free agents in 2017 that Geelong could have their eye on?

Probably need to have an inside voice to know that... certainly if you have a FA that you will get a good comp pick for , it would have to be a very good FA for us to jump at it. Look at what Carlton did with Betts. ... so trading him , if we think its possible make sense. Looking at it recently there was not a lot after Fyfe.

The ironic thing is that Motlop at his best is the exact player we're lacking, speed through the midfielder and a dangerous X factor up forward. Unless the club knows he wants to leave next year it'd probably be worth hanging onto him and giving him the 'this is it' ultimatum, think clubs are a bit spooked by him right now.

I agree with others. If Motlop leaves next year it will be for 600K and an end of first rd pick at worst.

Trading him for less this year or in a straight swap for Deliedio is just plain dumb. Guys like Redden and Melksham went last year for picks of 25 or lower

I was really disappointed by him full stop this year. From pre-season to finals. However he is judged harshly for his results. I'd be more than happy to see him in the hoops next year.

Last edited:
Did he only sign a one year deal a couple of months ago?
As you posted this I just checked and realised I had my wires crossed. He's an RFA this year, so FA in 2018. I'm unsure whether he's signed anything, but he's probably worth pursuing for the right price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fyfe
Rockliff
D martin
Deledio
Along with breust pittard and trengove

Are the best names on that list currently.

Pittard underrated here. Had a great year, made the AA squad and finished 3rd in Port's B&F.

Moreover, he's the type of defender Geelong really lacks. Should be firmly on our radar next year.

Back