• Yes

Votes: 64 28.1%
  • No

Votes: 84 36.8%
  • Only For The Right Price

Votes: 80 35.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It looks like everyone wins out of this.

Richmond: Gain: Prestia + Motlop, Lose: 1st Round pick, Deledio, player (Lennon?)
GFC: Gain: Deledio + late 1st Round Pick (from GC), Lose: Mots + GHS
GC: Gain: GHS, 1st Round Pick (from Rich) + Richmond player (Lennon) lose: Prestia + late first round pick

I still don't think GC are 100% winning out of this though...
More likely
Richmond gain prestia
Gfc gain deledio 1st round pick late
Gc gain motlop ghs 2nd rnd pick via richmond

Would imagine he won it on the back of a goal late in the last 1/4 when the game was in the balance. Steve Johnson wasn't BOG in 2007 GF but someone explained that they gave it to him because he kicked goals when it mattered, in I think the first quarter
As said, I went for Boyd.
I don't think there is a wrong selection out of those who were voted for.
Love the way JJ plays, and reminds me of one of my all-time Cat favourites Wojo, only he gets a lot more of the ball.
Kennedy was amazing, but they lost.
Picken had massive impact.
JJ ran and created havoc for Swans all day, and made Rohan look slow at times.

Love the way JJ plays, and reminds me of one of my all-time Cat favourites Wojo, only he gets a lot more of the ball.

In the first half, but he faded after that. Most of their midfield disappeared in the final quarter.

Would imagine he won it on the back of a goal late in the last 1/4 when the game was in the balance. Steve Johnson wasn't BOG in 2007 GF but someone explained that they gave it to him because he kicked goals when it mattered, in I think the first quarter
He didn't kick a goal. It was ruled as touched

I went for Picken...thought he changed the game ...but JJ gained 750 meters, and while his disposal wasn't flash in the GF, he was certainly in the mix.

Boyd was frighteningly good....

It is reported clube will not offer a lot for Motlop.
Do we always get screwed by clubs in this situation?
Are we just trying to clear cap space and to do so we loose our second highest goal scorer.

We should NOT do so unless we get a late first rounder.
In exchange do we get a skinny kid who may play after 2 years training?

It is reported clube will not offer a lot for Motlop.
Do we always get screwed by clubs in this situation?
Are we just trying to clear cap space and to do so we loose our second highest goal scorer.

We should NOT do so unless we get a late first rounder.
In exchange do we get a skinny kid who may play after 2 years training?
Wouldn't even trade him for a late 1st rounder if he wanted out. We'll get at least that next year through free agency compensation. Worst case scenario we finish outside the top 8 and it's a top 10 pick. He's contracted, we hold all the power. It's about time the Geelong FC pulled a Dodododododoro.

Not entirely similar players, but I see a lot of similarities in output and attitude between Jake Stringer and Motlop. You can bet your bottom dollar if you asked most neutrals, and certainly Bulldogs fans, Cam Luke, "the List Manager" and Barrett what Stringer's trade value was, they'd say a top 10 pick. So Mots would have to be worth a late 1st rounder at least. We are silly if we accept less, unless we have cap issues.

Jon Ralph has just stated on HS website that Motlop is worth pick 25, Hanley pick 9 and Deledio pick 15. Can't quite understand the rationale behind these ratings. One is nearing 30 and has come off an injury interrupted year; another is 28, has been a decent player but no star in a lowly team; and the other, whilst often frustrating has still kicked 38 goals for the year and is only mid-20's. Yet the last one is the worst rated :huh:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The guy who works at Motlop's management (but not his one-on-one manager) says he thinks Geelong want to get back earlier in the draft.

Jon Ralph has just stated on HS website that Motlop is worth pick 25, Hanley pick 9 and Deledio pick 15. Can't quite understand the rationale behind these ratings. One is nearing 30 and has come off an injury interrupted year; another is 28, has been a decent player but no star in a lowly team; and the other, whilst often frustrating has still kicked 38 goals for the year and is only mid-20's. Yet the last one is the worst rated :huh:

I'm guessing the perceived attitude is a big part of those estimates.

The perceived attitude of the football industry about Hanley isn't favourable. So what would he be worth if his attitude was perceived as flawless, pick 1?

I guess so. But he's hardly, to my knowledge, been a complete ratbag. On field he could show more consistency of effort but those half forwards with x-factor are invariably a bit flighty by nature. To me it's a case of clubs (and I even include Geelong) looking too much at his downside rather than considering the considerable upside that comes with him in the team.

I guess so. But he's hardly, to my knowledge, been a complete ratbag. On field he could show more consistency of effort but those half forwards with x-factor are invariably a bit flighty by nature. To me it's a case of clubs (and I even include Geelong) looking too much at his downside rather than considering the considerable upside that comes with him in the team.

I don't disagree, but perception could still carry a lot of weight at footy clubs around this time of year.

Apparently Motlop's manager Ned Guy has been on Trade Radio in the last half-hour. Anyone hear it?

Was looking at Twitter for Trade Radio & it said Ned Guy was on & there's tweets/quotes by him about other players but nothing on Motlop ? A bit weird considering before he came on they said "Live now on @traderadio Agents hour with @nedguy12. News on Koby Stevens, Motlop, Dev Smith, Ricky Henderson. AFL site or app" yet they didn't ask about Motlop ???

I don't think most care what John Ralph's opinion is. He is less than 0.1 on the Terry Wallace scale.

Was looking at Twitter for Trade Radio & it said Ned Guy was on & there's tweets/quotes by him about other players but nothing on Motlop ? A bit weird considering before he came on they said "Live now on @traderadio Agents hour with @nedguy12. News on Koby Stevens, Motlop, Dev Smith, Ricky Henderson. AFL site or app" yet they didn't ask about Motlop ???

I caught a bit of it. Ned Guy's colleague handles Motlop so not his direct manager. Didn't really deny he's on the trade table. He thinks that Geelong want to get back into the draft. Said something like Motlop will sit down with his manger this week. Nothing really concrete.

The future of enigmatic Geelong forward Steven Motlop will be decided over the Trade Period, amid interest from rivals.

Ned Guy, from Motlop's management team McDonald Sports and Talent Management, said that while the contracted forward/midfielder was happy at the Cattery, he hadn't yet made a decision on where he would be in 2017.

"It probably started as a bit of a whisper that grew legs and then people had opinions on it. Steven will sit down with Alex (McDonald). He's had a chat with the club," Guy told SEN on Friday morning.

"I think someone was on record the other day saying that we're probably in a landscape now where nobody is untradeable.

"Whether or not Steven's future's at Geelong or elsewhere, they'll probably work that out over the next few weeks."

Richmond made strong overtures to Motlop last year and there has been speculation that he could be part of a deal that would send Tigers veteran Brett Deledio to Geelong.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-07/trade-winds-will-crow-mid-sign-underwhelming-deal

Back