List Mgmt. Motlop: signed, sealed and delivered

Remove this Banner Ad

When the website announces im sure it will be changed..atm its say imminent.

Thanks Turbo- Daz replied similarly above. Happy to wait for confirmation- I just thought it HAD been confirmed. My bad :( Sorry!
Ah, I just went ahead and changed it. I heard Hocking on ABC say so today.

I've had a Steven Motlop footy card laying in a draw that i had refused to put up on my whiteboard (above the computer) until he signed on, congrats Mot, you now sit proudly alongside Hawkins on the board!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 year deal.

---

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=9026829

It was confirmed on Saturday that star midfielder Steven Motlop had signed a new two-year deal, although the Cats had not wanted to publicise it this week, fearing it would detract from the farewell games of multiple premiership-winning stars Steve Johnson, James Kelly and Mathew Stokes.

Motlop - who had been linked with a move to Richmond - will be eligible for limited free agency when his new deal expires in 2017.

"We'll roll that out next week," Geelong football manager Steve Hocking told ABC radio.

"It's been a lot of work between (Motlop's) manager and myself, but we got there in the end.

"It was really just about making sure that he realised his value - but, at the same time, we maintained a pay structure, as we have done."

Makes sense he probably wanted 5 years at 700 we give him two at 500. Something something FA prove it etc suff

It's a fair deal. Mots is gonna want to get paid with the new CBA deal coming thru and as a RFA he can test the market again. If he keeps playing well he will get the boost and have earned it. And the club gets to keep him for the next 2 years.

With some big names and payments off the list, its not unfair to think he will get a bump if his form warrants it.

Go Catters

Motlop has re-signed

232bf16ec90f51074bfdba0f09c35869.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back