Votes: 64 28.1%
  • No

Votes: 84 36.8%
  • Only For The Right Price

Votes: 80 35.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I would prefer to keep him.

Despite his frustrating stretches of poor form he seems to encounter each season, he can be a match winner on his day and you can never have enough of those type of players. I reckon he's hitting form just in time for September too.

But if the price is right and he wants to move, I'd like close to a first rounder and a decent player in return. He's been borderline All-Australian in the past. If Hawthorn can get a first rounder for a spud like Jed Anderson, then we should have no issue asking for something similar for a much better, proven performer.

That website is a rubbish rumour site. No cred.

It was mentioned on SEN this morning, not the website making up stories. Im interested to know how the story got legs as its strange timing heading into the finals, is it a story to put the cats off there game..who knows, one thing I do know is that he was very close to leaving last year so maybe the Tigers might take another punt on him, swap for Delidio and picks?

Last edited:
It was mentioned on SEN this morning, not the website making up stories. Im interested to know how the story got legs as its strange timing heading into the finals, is it a story to put the cats off there game..who knows, one thing I do know is that he was very close to leaving last year so maybe the Tigers might take another punt on him, swap for Delidio and picks?

Maybe Geelong has put it out there themselves to try to put a rocket up him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would not trade, unless he told the club he wanted out and we received in return:

a) a top 10 pick
b) o'meara
c) Prestia + sweatner

Motlop is seriously in our top 5 or 6 players, is unique in his skill set - we don't have anyone else like him. Top 3 on talent.

And.. a bad patch of about 8 or 9 games mid year this year changes ZERO for mine.

Only nuffies with no football IQ would consider throwing one of our best most talented players away who is in their prime and expected to improve further.

NO DEAL

Hardly surprising. If presented with a great offer we'd look at it. If not, tell him not to turn up fat next January.

"My understanding is if an offer comes up (for Motlop) they'd be more than happy to trade him," Brett Anderson told SEN radio on Friday afternoon.

Whats bullshit about that?
I'll pull up the audio.

All Anderson said was he has been surprised motlops name had come up for 2 years now.
He had no clue.

Sen website is now built by a 9 year old. Can't find it.

There is so much football and sports media these days that most of the trade talk has less merit than what gets said on big footy.

Sen website is now built by a 9 year old. Can't find it.

Hahaha, i very much doubt the club would let him leave given he just signed a contract extension but if there is a hint of truth to it I think we would be stupid to not look at any offers considering guys like Fyfe, Prestia and to a lesser extent O'Meara seem to be on the market.

Back