• Yes

Votes: 64 28.1%
  • No

Votes: 84 36.8%
  • Only For The Right Price

Votes: 80 35.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I was very hard on him early in the season and wanted him reprimanded (suspended by the club) for the way he showed up after the pre-season - now I want him gone. He's had some very nice games for us but he's just not consistent enough and could be a guy with trade currency that we wouldn't mind parting with. Deadset squibbed a contest in the centre tonight. Very disappointing. I too would like to see him succeed, even if it isn't with us but I reckon it's time to part ways if we can get something good for him. Would rather spend the big bucks on someone who goes hard and doesn't go missing.

We will get nothing for him based on tonight's viewing. We need to maximise his potential ASAP. There is a great player inside that overindulged body. Who is going to convince him of this?
These so called squibbed contests are not really the issue.

We will get nothing for him based on tonight's viewing. We need to maximise his potential ASAP. There is a great player inside that overindulged body. Who is going to convince him of this?
These so called squibbed contests are not really the issue.

The way to convince him would've been to drop him during the season. If everyone is right that he's just chasing that next big contract then he would've worked out pretty quickly he's not going to get one if he's playing in the VFL.

It all started preseason. If he returns in that shape again...I would hope they are onto him already about preparation and commitment. I am convinced if he was svelte and lean again, he could be a star, but his weaponry of speed has long departed.
0how is motters supposed to perform as an outside speedster when everyone in midfield kicked high hoping hawkins would mark against 3. Motters should stay and team should use our talent by lowering eyes.

The way to convince him would've been to drop him during the season. If everyone is right that he's just chasing that next big contract then he would've worked out pretty quickly he's not going to get one if he's playing in the VFL.
Just wasn't bad enough consistently to be dropped. But I'm sure that opinion is not popular here

I've been saying it for a long time but the very moment Motlop turned up to preseason training out of shape, that was the day I knew his heart wasn't truly in this sport. The people who tried to back him up and make up all the excuses most 650k per year millionaire's are given liberty's too (depending on the lawyer), are now no where to be seen. Motlop is trash. He would be great at a team like Fremantle who have a tough midfield and get him the easy ball but just like Andrew Mackie, who always got a pass because of the stars saving his backside, Motlop will never ever be anything more than showtime material, good for highlights and season reviews. He will never stand up in a final. He's a soft co*k who has a musical career awaiting after footy. Those fingers need to be in tip top shape you see.

I've been saying it for a long time but the very moment Motlop turned up to preseason training out of shape, that was the day I knew his heart wasn't truly in this sport. The people who tried to back him up and make up all the excuses most 650k per year millionaire's are given liberty's too (depending on the lawyer), are now no where to be seen. Motlop is trash. He would be great at a team like Fremantle who have a tough midfield and get him the easy ball but just like Andrew Mackie, who always got a pass because of the stars saving his backside, Motlop will never ever be anything more than showtime material, good for highlights and season reviews. He will never stand up in a final. He's a soft co*k who has a musical career awaiting after footy. Those fingers need to be in tip top shape you see.
He had a ******* back injury over the pre season you clueless muppet

He should be traded on the basis of his last few final performers not because of his pre season this year

Unfortunately he just took down his trade value thanks to another weak performance - it would be better if he didn't play so we could sell his 'magical' game breaking skills.

motlop for edwards? (sorry if its a shitty ttrade, im not great with these )

two players with talent but go missing in games, heard motlop may be linked to Richmond. Both may do with a change of clubs
Why would we trade a player that goes missing fir another player that goes missing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bob you're good with these things. Put up a photo of Motlop now compared to when he was at his best in 2013, please?

motlop for edwards? (sorry if its a shitty ttrade, im not great with these )

two players with talent but go missing in games, heard motlop may be linked to Richmond. Both may do with a change of clubs
If Edwards was younger then yes, but he's not so no.

like I said, maybe they would benefit with a club change.

Edwards has mainly been poor this year though, hasn't gone missing near as much in the past.
ummm no thankyou! Edwards is a good player and has plenty of upside but Geelong do not need players like him. We need a young up and coming key forward. We no longer have anything coming through of any quality whatsoever. Hawkins is one of the softest, unathletic talls in the game and he will turn 29 soon and already has the body of a 34 year old. Vardy and Kersten will be traded and that leaves us with Buzza, an absolute spud taken at the bottom of a week draft and a bloke by the name of Mitch Clark who is virtually all but retired. We can get a top 10 draft pick selection from the Gold Coast Suns this year as they need experienced players ready to make an immediate impact. Geelong won't be much chop for he next few years. We will get handed a tough fixture next season and the likes of Bartel, Taylor, Enright, Lonergan will be worse off given their age. They played as well as anyone could have hoped in 2016, won't be happening again unfortunately. This is why it is imperative that Geelong find another gun key forward in the coming draft so that the team can go places after 2017 when this coach is finally farked off. Shane Edwards can go to the Kangaroos or some other club like that thanks.

Yea I'm done with Motlop at this point. Something not right I don't give a s**t what the stats are he is not half as good and consistent as in 2013 and most of 14. Hasn't helped that we have refused to demand any better by continue to select him despite pathetic performances and an even more pathetic attitude. The Bulldogs had the guts to drop Stringer before the finals despite how important he is to them. Oh how I wish Scott had the guts to be the same with some of his favs.

Willing to let him go for nothing at least we then have salary cap space to bring in someone who can even offer a little bit of help to the team...

Not just 2013, I remember last year when we were all so worried about him not signing a new deal because he was playing some fantastic games for us. Was putting in some solid games where he was having 28 and kicking 1-2 goals.

I honestly don't know what's happened to him but he is in free fall, and I've had enough of him.

Back