MotoGP 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack-Maybe he's checked out.

Nah, he hasn't checked out, too competitive and got too much respect for the guys he works with for that but he's having a really weird year. He's either fighting for the podium (Mandalika, COTA, Jerez, Portimao, Le Mans) or he's struggling to finish in the points (Argentina, Mugello, Catalunya). There's no in between, just picking up solid points. Hopefully whatever is ailing them can get sorted and he can find some more consistency.

Finally official.

Jack at last gets a multi year deal.

I think this could actually work out well for both parties.

writing on the wall some time ago. reckon it's a good move. hope he rams it up ducati by taking a few podiums before it all ends there. anyone know what penalty he will get 2day dropping him back from 6th?

writing on the wall some time ago. reckon it's a good move. hope he rams it up ducati by taking a few podiums before it all ends there. anyone know what penalty he will get 2day dropping him back from 6th?

Apparently had an option to stay with Ducati at Pramac. I suspect for another 12 month contract.

Just a long lap. Stays 6th.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reckon a grid penalty would be less damaging than a long lap.

The further on this year goes, the more silly the silly season is getting. A number of sure things have gone from imminent to doubtful.

Early in the season it was reported that Jorge Martin had a factory Ducati contract in his pocket. More lately it was said that Bastianini was the guy to replace Miller in the factory team. This weekend it was rumoured that Joan Mir was in talks with Ducati. Ducati have quashed the Mir rumour and say it is between Jorge and Enea. Martin announced that his future used to look clear but now if he doesn't get the factory gig, he will look for a factory bike elsewhere. This solidifies my belief that Martin has in fact signed a contract for the factory ride, that Ducati have tried to walk it back after his poor start to the season and are now offering extra time so they can announce his promotion and it's not embarrassing and under the cloud of his lack of results.

Reports were that Oliveira was supposed to be announced as signing for Gresini this weekend. That never eventuated and the latest talk has circled back to linking him with RNF Aprilia.

Razlan Razali didn't deny interest in Miguel but there are a number or viable options. He did deny the talk that they would have Celestino Vietti riding for them, saying they would have an experienced rider and a young rider but the young rider would be already from the MotoGP class, they wouldn't be running a rookie from Moto2. Aprilia head honcho, Massimo Rivola, when told of this laughed and said it was news to him and he would have a work with Razlan.

Remy's future remains somewhat unclear. Whilst I expect him to remain at Tech3 in the MotoGP class, he has done Gardner things and opened his yap a bit, pouring a little lighter fluid on the KTM bridge by publicly saying that his side of the garage had done all they could, KTM need to improve their bike. KTM big wig, Pit Beier, bit back and suggested that the two KTM rookies don't fight hard enough and expected the transition to MotoGP to be too easy. He also admitted he regrets promoting Raul into the top class.

Pol Espargaro seems a certainty to link back up with KTM in the Tech3 team.

Aside from long talk linking him with RNF Aprilia, the Miguel rumours leave Alex Rins future unknown with precious little info on any other options for him. He earlier said that he'd been in contact with Yamaha, Aprilia, KTM and Honda. Yamaha have no room after confirming Franco alongside Fabio, Aprilia would be a no go if they have gone ahead with Miguel which leaves KTM and Honda. Could he replace Remy at Tech3 or Alex Marquez at LCR? A last minute switch to Gresini Ducati? He's too good not to be on the MotoGP grid.

Mir is still expected as Marc's new teammate at Repsol Honda.

The further on this year goes, the more silly the silly season is getting. A number of sure things have gone from imminent to doubtful.

Early in the season it was reported that Jorge Martin had a factory Ducati contract in his pocket. More lately it was said that Bastianini was the guy to replace Miller in the factory team. This weekend it was rumoured that Joan Mir was in talks with Ducati. Ducati have quashed the Mir rumour and say it is between Jorge and Enea. Martin announced that his future used to look clear but now if he doesn't get the factory gig, he will look for a factory bike elsewhere. This solidifies my belief that Martin has in fact signed a contract for the factory ride, that Ducati have tried to walk it back after his poor start to the season and are now offering extra time so they can announce his promotion and it's not embarrassing and under the cloud of his lack of results.

Reports were that Oliveira was supposed to be announced as signing for Gresini this weekend. That never eventuated and the latest talk has circled back to linking him with RNF Aprilia.

Razlan Razali didn't deny interest in Miguel but there are a number or viable options. He did deny the talk that they would have Celestino Vietti riding for them, saying they would have an experienced rider and a young rider but the young rider would be already from the MotoGP class, they wouldn't be running a rookie from Moto2. Aprilia head honcho, Massimo Rivola, when told of this laughed and said it was news to him and he would have a work with Razlan.

Remy's future remains somewhat unclear. Whilst I expect him to remain at Tech3 in the MotoGP class, he has done Gardner things and opened his yap a bit, pouring a little lighter fluid on the KTM bridge by publicly saying that his side of the garage had done all they could, KTM need to improve their bike. KTM big wig, Pit Beier, bit back and suggested that the two KTM rookies don't fight hard enough and expected the transition to MotoGP to be too easy. He also admitted he regrets promoting Raul into the top class.

Pol Espargaro seems a certainty to link back up with KTM in the Tech3 team.

Aside from long talk linking him with RNF Aprilia, the Miguel rumours leave Alex Rins future unknown with precious little info on any other options for him. He earlier said that he'd been in contact with Yamaha, Aprilia, KTM and Honda. Yamaha have no room after confirming Franco alongside Fabio, Aprilia would be a no go if they have gone ahead with Miguel which leaves KTM and Honda. Could he replace Remy at Tech3 or Alex Marquez at LCR? A last minute switch to Gresini Ducati? He's too good not to be on the MotoGP grid.

Mir is still expected as Marc's new teammate at Repsol Honda.

Can you expand on the Pit view on Raul K. ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was a shame Kelso crashed out. He was looking really good.

Super impressive by Guevara. Yet another ridiculously talented Spaniard.

Can you expand on the Pit view on Raul K. ?

Fernandez wanted to stay in Moto2 this year but he'd been talking to Yamaha and KTM didn't want to lose him so they promoted him the top class against his wishes. I think Raul really dropped his bottom lip and has been a really negative influence in the KTM box this year, especially with KTM struggling anyway.

In hindsight, they probably win the Moto2 championship if they leave him there and Petrucci is a good influence on Remy in the Tech3 team as well as offering veteran technical feedback.

Sachsenring is my top few motogp events, and I always look forward to it. I enjoy it so much that I haven't really noticed that Marquez has dominated.

I was surprised Bagnaia/Duke got pole. I thought with the shorter, tighter track, it'd be all Fabs.

For Bagnaia, just get a win for the sake of winning. Make it a habit again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back